NBA rumors: Kings, Hornets interested in Warriors' Kevon Looney in free agency

I wouldn't say no to Looney though, although he would be 3rd on my list from those Warriors UFA. Super impactful defender, sneaking playmaking. He's not the spacer you'd want next to Sabonis, but he absolutely fulfils the rim protector/defender quota we need.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't say no to Looney though, although he would be 3rd on my list from those Warriors UFA. Super impactful defender, sneaking playmaking. He's not the spacer you'd want next to Sabonis, but he absolutely fulfils the rim protector/defender quota we need.
Looney gives me Ekpe Udoh vibes

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Possibly, but considering we hired the guy who ran their defense, I think all those guys would be real valuable role players to usher in the Brown era
as a Kings fans, you should know by now that any success that was part of another franchise has no merit when hired here until proven otherwise. History is on our side in this aspect and we have 8 or 9 years of Vivek to show for it. Rather than go for Looney, I'd love Monte to take a flier on Bamba, young big with lots of upside still.

It’s risky signing role players from teams with as much success as the Warriors have had.
You just never know if you are getting that production or it they are a product of the system
absolutely and this is not a signing I'm particularly in favor of, but also having one or two guys from the Ws come over with Brown wouldn't be the worst thing to get some buy in and continuity for the new coach. biggest thing for me is not breaking the bank to do it.

he is essentially what Festus Ezeli was for the Warriors and as soon as he was off the Warriors? out of the league
Lol. Once again, not even close.

Looney is an excellent basketball player. All those other jabronis were fringe nba talents. Just requires a basic look at his play and numbers

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It’s risky signing role players from teams with as much success as the Warriors have had.
You just never know if you are getting that production or it they are a product of the system
personally not a fan of going after anyone on the Warriors other than maybe Payton because he is a great defender

I think Looney would be a great backup C. Paying what he'd command for that role considering the Kings have max space ahead which this would interfere with is a no thanks. Also this is assuming he'd even want that role with Sac to begin with. His agent is just trying to use Sac to get his money. Isn't the first time and sure the Kings might have interest but this would be Dedmon/Holmes at a cost increase considering they better be getting Holmes of the books ASAP as it is. Dedmon in Sac shows that even if a player is worth it, you have to question whether or not they are worth it to you. Looney is a no.