NBA League Pass Help!!!

Good Morning,

I'm a Sacramento Kings fan that lives in San Jose, CA (approximately 135 miles from Sacramento), and I had NBA league pass from Dish Network last year. I was able to watch all of the Kings games last year, but for some reason the games this year are blacked out on NBA League Pass.

I live in the Golden State Warriors market and do not have access to any channels that broadcast Kings games. I called Dish Network and they said that all Warriors and Kings games would be blacked out in my zip code. I don't understand the rationale behind. As a result of all this I can't watch any Kings games.

Anybody have any ideas/suggestions? Thanks,

MOVE!

j/k- Not sure there is much you can do. The balckout rules are negotiated between the carrier and the NBA. I am surprised that San Jose is blacked out.

To help clarify things, I just got off the phone with a Dish Network rep. It looks like if you live in an area the receives Comcast Cable, all Kings games will be blacked out on League Pass. You will be able to get the Kings games on the new Comcast Sportsnet on DISH if and when the agreement gets signed. Now, if you live in an area that does not receive Comcast Cable (like me) are considered in the Sacramento Kings home team region and live out of the NBA League Blackout range, the home games may still be blacked out. That's the confusion we all face.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So, those of us who live in an area that isn't served by Comcast are being doubly punished for not being able to subscribe to Comcast? Well, IMHO that just sucks. To have it compounded by blacking out home games on League Pass is beyond my ability to comprehend, and I don't consider myself a stupid person.

I've pulled the plug on League Pass and, at least at this point in time I'm not ready to add it back. I am, quite frankly, more than fed up with the whole scenario. It reeks of poor planning on the part of the Maloofs or whomever it was who brokered the deal to begin with. If they don't realize the number of regional fans they have, they are total imbeciles.

I already added the $5.99 multi-sports package to get NBA-TV - and a large number of blacked out sports stations. I'm not going to pay anything more...

Bleep it. I may just find I don't need to watch their games. And that is honestly something I never thought I'd say...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I just sent a very outspoken email to the Sacramento Kings. I don't know what kind of response - if any - I will get from them.

I am awfully disheartened right now, as I'm sure are all the other "regional" fans who can't get Comcast and are now learning they won't be able to see the games on DishNetwork UNLESS they live in an area covered by Comcast. Anybody else see the hypocrisy in that?

I have followed this team through thick and thin. I've suffered with them; I've celebrated with them. I've defended them from Laker trolls and disgruntled Kings fans. And now I, the eternal optimist, am to the point of just not caring any longer.

Thanks a lot, Gavin and Joe and whoever else decided it would be okay to trample on all the fans out of the immediate Sacramento area. There is, at least, one good thing - I'll have a lot more time apparently to spend playing Texas Hold Em.

I can't believe a top level elite team would allow ANY of their fans to be treated this way. But, of course, the NBA is a business and we obviously don't represent enough potential revenue to worry about.

I've spoken to people in the Kings office and have been told that they are looking into the situation. Some lady said that the blackout rules should only apply in a 75 mile radius and that I should be able to watch all the games if I have League Pass.

I totally agree with VF, I live in San Jose, where the Comcast channel is not going to be offered, yet I will still have to endure blackouts of all Kings games on League Pass. I'm a 130 freakin miles away!!!

I totally agree with you too VF21. I also have written one of those letters to the maloofs. Can you say dis-enfranchised. I saw a nice single ticket to the game on ticketmaster. I was about to buy it and then started thinking if the kings organization does not care enough about fans in thier own area, then I don't care enough about them to support them by buying a ticket to a game.
Screw em until further notice!!
KD

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
BayAreaKingsFan said:
Good Morning,

I'm a Sacramento Kings fan that lives in San Jose, CA (approximately 135 miles from Sacramento), and I had NBA league pass from Dish Network last year. I was able to watch all of the Kings games last year, but for some reason the games this year are blacked out on NBA League Pass.

I live in the Golden State Warriors market and do not have access to any channels that broadcast Kings games. I called Dish Network and they said that all Warriors and Kings games would be blacked out in my zip code. I don't understand the rationale behind. As a result of all this I can't watch any Kings games.

Anybody have any ideas/suggestions? Thanks,
Over the hill here in Santa Cruz all is well with NBA league pass and Direct TV. And we are Comcast Cable TV users. The two are not connected but FYI. Have never heard of Kings games blacked out in San Jose before. It used to be a 60 mile radius but maybe now its 90 miles which, as the crow flies, is about in San Jose.

Have you checked with Direct TV about their coverage in your zip code? They have had the NBA package since day one and I think Dish only got it this year. Good luck

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Diabeticwonder said:
Does anyone know if tonight's game vs Toronto is on Dish????
My guide lists it as being shown on League Pass channel 570. It doesn't show the annoying little circle with the line through it, so I guess I'll have to wait and see.

(This is the final night of the Free Preview for League Pass...)

Game not blacked out in Truckee on League Pass. Grant and Jerry are the broadcasters from Comcast Sportsnet. It is on NBA League Pass 570. Go Kiings, get a good win tonight.

VF21 said:
So, those of us who live in an area that isn't served by Comcast are being doubly punished for not being able to subscribe to Comcast? Well, IMHO that just sucks. To have it compounded by blacking out home games on League Pass is beyond my ability to comprehend, and I don't consider myself a stupid person.

I've pulled the plug on League Pass and, at least at this point in time I'm not ready to add it back. I am, quite frankly, more than fed up with the whole scenario. It reeks of poor planning on the part of the Maloofs or whomever it was who brokered the deal to begin with. If they don't realize the number of regional fans they have, they are total imbeciles.

I already added the $5.99 multi-sports package to get NBA-TV - and a large number of blacked out sports stations. I'm not going to pay anything more...

Bleep it. I may just find I don't need to watch their games. And that is honestly something I never thought I'd say...
I agree with your rant VF but my thinking ... Hopefull thinking is that maybe they are holding out in area's without comcast until the local cable providers sign up. Part of more "good faith" so that dish doesn't steal customers. Lets hope that as soon as that area's cable provider signs up Dishn will be able to show it then.

Easy for me to say I am in YCity in a comcast area. But I am thinking that is one of the only things that really make any sense.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I live in the mountains northeast of you, BigWaxer. There are NO cable providers williing to bring cable up here... none, nada, zip, zero, zilch. In fact, you have two choices - satellite or antenna. With antenna, you get either Sacramento stations or Chico, depending on where exactly you're situated - and then only if the weather is right.

How far from Yuba City are you? Sounds like your somewhere in the area where I like to fish!

Well if you are were I think then thats really odd that they wouldn't show it, that makes no sense at all and I would be more then PO'd right now... U in Brownsvalley or Gvalley area?

I will PM u in a bit, Poker tourney starts in a few

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Go to Browns Valley and turn left, towards LaPorte. Go for about an hour and you get to the middle of the Plumas National Forest, in the vicinity of Lost Creek Dam Reservoir. That's where I live...

:D

VF21 said:
Go to Browns Valley and turn left, towards LaPorte. Go for about an hour and you get to the middle of the Plumas National Forest, in the vicinity of Lost Creek Dam Reservoir. That's where I live...

:D
My Great Grandma is buried that way in Bangor.

Safe to say your way out in the boonies;)

yeah that does blow...i really don't understand the whole reasoning behind the whole black out thing...but if it makes you feel any better i can't see any Boston Celtics or NY Knicks home games (not that im dying over it) because i live in Connecticut right smack in between NY and Mass...but if i were a big time fan id be ripped

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Well, there are no NBA teams in close proximity to my home. It looks like there are no blackouts for me. {{{6th knocks on wood}}}