[NBA] Eastern Conference Semifinals

Who advances to the Eastern Conference Finals?

• Boston and Philadelphia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Formatting the schedule was a pain in the ass last time, so I'm not going to do it again. If someone else would like to, I'll edit it into this post.

Milwaukee is kind of feeling their way, but they were impressive last night. They lack experience, but they are getting some in a hurry. I really like Boston, but they may be overmatched.

Evidently Toronto just straight up collapsed right before I started watching after getting home from work. Like a 20 something to 2 run for Philly when I started watching.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'm sitting over here watching Lowry that last two postseasons, maybe three and I keep asking myself, how is he a five time All-Star? 0__0.

I'm sitting over here watching Lowry that last two postseasons, maybe three and I keep asking myself, how is he a five time All-Star? 0__0.
I don't get to watch East coast teams as much but I have just never been super impressed with Lowry when I have watched him. Not a bad player by any means, but I couldn't tell you what he excels at. Is it mid-range jump shots?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I don't get to watch East coast teams as much but I have just never been super impressed with Lowry when I have watched him. Not a bad player by any means, but I couldn't tell you what he excels at. Is it mid-range jump shots?
that would be DeRozan's specialty. Lowry is a product of his team being a winning team and therefore you have to fill it with someone, so he made the cut.

Some serious elbow throwing last night in the Sixers vs Raptors game. Intensity is what makes the playoffs different, but the refs need to get a handle on the play. When Simmons elbowed Lowry in the gonads, I thought he should have been ejected.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
there is no love on here for the Raptors Sixers series, Raps tie it up. It's about time the Playoffs have been competitive, other than Milwaukee/Boston, which they need to get the memo.

there is no love on here for the Raptors Sixers series, Raps tie it up. It's about time the Playoffs have been competitive, other than Milwaukee/Boston, which they need to get the memo.
Kawhi has been unstoppable this series. The best thing about the playoffs in the East is that they've been all been competitive. Not really sure who wins between the Raps and Sixers. I think we can definitely agree that the Sixers are more talented, but there's something wrong with that team..injured Embiid aside.

Remember when people said there wasn't enough shooting around Simmons and Embiid? They had Covington and Saric.
Simmons/Reddick/Covington/Saric/Embiid.

Apparently the team wasn't good enough so they added an All-Star in Jimmy Butler. Then they added Tobias Harris.
Simmons/Reddick/Butler/Harris/Embiid.

Yes Kawhi is playing at a godly level, but I feel like with the talent they have, this series shouldn't be tied 2-2.

Kawhi has been unstoppable this series. The best thing about the playoffs in the East is that they've been all been competitive. Not really sure who wins between the Raps and Sixers. I think we can definitely agree that the Sixers are more talented, but there's something wrong with that team..injured Embiid aside.

Remember when people said there wasn't enough shooting around Simmons and Embiid? They had Covington and Saric.

Apparently the team wasn't good enough so they added an All-Star in Jimmy Butler. Then they added Tobias Harris.

Yes Kawhi is playing at a godly level, but I feel like with the talent they have, this series shouldn't be tied 2-2.
I think it’s their mentality. Embiid in particular doesn’t seem to take anything all that seriously. It also doesn’t help that their PG cannot shoot the ball at all and in fact refuses to shoot it. Everyone cheats down low on them because of it. Teams can confidently swing double teams on other guys with no fear of Simmons shooting.

Could be chemistry problems too. Butler and Embiid had issues just a few weeks after that trade. I get the sense that Jimmy Butler is not an easy teammate to play with.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

I have the Raptors winning the series, but I think the Sixers have the best player in the series in Embiid, in my opinion. I think Embiid is letting his team down because of his diet and he is constantly getting sick. He is known to love Shirley Temples from what I'm reading and he also has a tendency to eat garbage food before a game which doesn't boast well for him moving that 270+ pound body up and down the court for 35 minutes. He needs to clean his act up and if he does, you get another Game 3 type of performance out of him because he just can't be guarded when he's on his game.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I think it's time for Danny to pull the trigger on this roster and have a fire sale. They are fooling themselves if they think they can compete with the likes of Milwaukee, Toronto or Philly moving forward. Also want to note, had Oladipo played in round one, Pacers could of had a good chance to eliminate them then.