NBA draft 2019: Kings to bring in first six prospects for workout

N

NBC Sports BayArea

NBA draft 2019: Kings to bring in first six prospects for workout originally appeared on nbcsportsbayarea.com The Sacramento Kings don't have a first-round pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, but they do have three second-round picks. In possession of the No. No.

Continue reading...

WOOOO hoooo this list Is AWESOME....

I am a huge fan of

Nathan Knight --- He's from a Small-school William&Mary. Really solid player tho, Definite pro in some form. He's tough and he's kinda like Swanigan. bout 6'9" probably 260lbs and he can shoot, and he's just solid. LAte growth spurt kid. He had like 30 d1 offers tho, not exactly ur standard smallschool tale.

Andrew Nembhard --- Oh man, if we could land Andrew Nembhard in this draft, Vlade will have pulled a nother rabbit out of his hat. Nembhard is a JACKPOT SCENARIO in the 2nd rd. It's very possible that he is fishing for a 1st rd promise, and will return to try and showcase for the 1st next year, he to me offers 1st rd upside.
A 6'4" Floor General PG --- the backup PG position is solved, He is less prone to silly mistakes than Frank and Yogi and he's way younger... he could possibly hold the backup PG spot for a very long time, he actually has some Andre Miller style headiness. This kid is SUPER smart tho, i'm sure of it, on and off court, fantastic interview, wise beyond his years --- he is undoubtedly a perfect fit here...... He can shoot too ---- I'm sure thats what the Kings want to see, the other stuff, this kid is 10/10 on "intangibles" he is a true PG.

MAMADI DIAKITE !!!

I have been the Diakite hype-man from jump in the draftees thread and he had a MONSTER tournament, he hit the biggest buzzer-beater in the whole tourney, oh yeah, and they won the Championship!

Mamadi's a great match with us here, backup C.... We would be very lucky to draft Diakite. He is ultra athletic, and long arms, broad shoulders -- he can add tons of muscle on his frame... and he really has a very good feel for the game, even in his limited mins u can say this conclusively ---- It was rather obvious Diakites minutes/role was squeezed because Tony Bennett was feeding his Senior Jack Salt minutes, once the elimination games began, he played his strongest hand, and Diakite carried them thru the early games... The biggest deficit they faced was actually in the first game vs Gardner Webb

Pretty sure he'll be the first player from Guinea to make the NBA..

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
This is a much better group. Almost all of these players could, or will be drafted. Of course I have my favorites. Two that stand out for me are Isaiah Roby, and Andrew Nembhard. I think Nembhard is 1st rd talent and would be a steal in the 2nd rd. He could definitely be our backup PG. I've already explained my love for Roby in a different thread, but if you like the way Harrell plays, then you'll like Roby. Different body type, but similar style. Both are real hustle guys with a nose for the ball. Roby is a better shooter from distance.

Jalen Pickett is another tall PG who can also shoot the ball, and he defended well at the college level. Dawkins is a shooter pure and simple. Doesn't pass the ball much, but he is an efficient shooter shooting 40.3% from the three and around 46% overall. I also like Nathan Knight. Athletic 6'10" center who defends the rim and rebounds well. He's also a surprisingly good passer averaging almost 4 assists a game this past season.

I fell in love with Diakite during the tournament where he really started to shine. I called him the second coming of Dennis Rodman. Truth is though, he's still a bit raw and would take some time to develop, but if he's sitting there when the 60th pick comes up, I'm grabbing him. If not, he's certainly a good two way project player.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The Kings just announced the 4th group which is coming in for a workout tomorrow.

Myles Powell (G – 6’2” 195 lbs.) Seton Hall
Amir Hinton (G – 6’5” 190 lbs.) Shaw University
Jalen Hudson (G – 6’5” 195 lbs.) Florida
Nick Weiler-Babb (G – 6’5” 206 lbs.) Iowa State
Marques Bolden (C – 6’11” 252 lbs.) Duke
Tacko Fall (C – 7’7” 289 lbs.) UCF

Once again, most of this group won't be drafted. I suspect that some team toward the end of the 2nd round will say what the hell and take Tacko Fall. Who knows maybe the Kings will with the 60th pick. I'm sure Bagley would love to touch bases with Bolden if he's in town. To put it lightly, Bolden has been a disappointment. There hasn't been a lot of improvement in his time at Duke, but who knows, maybe there's a player hiding in there somewhere.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
To put it lightly, Bolden has been a disappointment. There hasn't been a lot of improvement in his time at Duke, but who knows, maybe there's a player hiding in there somewhere.
I'm not sure that's true. Bolden was downright awful in his freshman year (BPM -0.1; WS/40 0.051; PER 7.2) after being touted as a potential one-and-done, and that really soured a lot of people on him, myself included. His sophomore year was a LOT better (BPM 9.8; WS/40 0.173; PER 19.8) but he only played about half the conference season dealing with a knee injury. This year his numbers were also very good (BPM 10.2; WS/40 0.180; PER 18.8), and while his rebounding numbers went down it should be remembered that both Zion and, somewhat surprisingly Barrett, were very good rebounders and probably ate into his totals there. His freshman year I thought he was a bust. Watching Duke this year, especially late in the season, say ACC tourney on, I could see him being able to contribute at the next level, I'm not even sure I had to squint to see it.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
The Kings just announced the 4th group which is coming in for a workout tomorrow.

Myles Powell (G – 6’2” 195 lbs.) Seton Hall
Amir Hinton (G – 6’5” 190 lbs.) Shaw University
Jalen Hudson (G – 6’5” 195 lbs.) Florida
Nick Weiler-Babb (G – 6’5” 206 lbs.) Iowa State
Marques Bolden (C – 6’11” 252 lbs.) Duke
Tacko Fall (C – 7’7” 289 lbs.) UCF

Once again, most of this group won't be drafted. I suspect that some team toward the end of the 2nd round will say what the hell and take Tacko Fall. Who knows maybe the Kings will with the 60th pick. I'm sure Bagley would love to touch bases with Bolden if he's in town. To put it lightly, Bolden has been a disappointment. There hasn't been a lot of improvement in his time at Duke, but who knows, maybe there's a player hiding in there somewhere.
I'd say Bolden is probably one of the biggest disappointments in a long time. Huge and skilled yet just never seemed to have that fire. He's like Andew Bynum without the numbers.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure that's true. Bolden was downright awful in his freshman year (BPM -0.1; WS/40 0.051; PER 7.2) after being touted as a potential one-and-done, and that really soured a lot of people on him, myself included. His sophomore year was a LOT better (BPM 9.8; WS/40 0.173; PER 19.8) but he only played about half the conference season dealing with a knee injury. This year his numbers were also very good (BPM 10.2; WS/40 0.180; PER 18.8), and while his rebounding numbers went down it should be remembered that both Zion and, somewhat surprisingly Barrett, were very good rebounders and probably ate into his totals there. His freshman year I thought he was a bust. Watching Duke this year, especially late in the season, say ACC tourney on, I could see him being able to contribute at the next level, I'm not even sure I had to squint to see it.
It's relative because he looks like the type that should dominate college basketball and in the end, he wasn't really even all that productive.

MYLES POWELL in the next workout!!!

The kid is a LIGHTS-OUT shooter. He goes crazy sometimes..

No doubt about it, he will be one of the best shooters we run thru the 3pt drills. He has long range too.

Actually a former fatbody kid, if u saw him as a 3-star recruit in street clothes, never woudl you think "thats a 3-star kid" honestly you'd probably think "looks kinda chubby to me" but he can get buckets. Not exactly a 1 trick pony either.

His shot is PURE tho.. There were some who claimed he had the purest stroke in his entire HS class.. He is a floor spacer, u cant ever leave this kid open looks... He's tough too.

Last edited:
If they use the 60th pick on Marques Bolden, I'm all for it. Once upon a time, when he was called the best C in the HS class, he was compared to noneother than C-Webb...

Now obviously that is seriously overstating things, he does have soft hands and pretty quick feet for a 6'11 dude, and he is massive, huge wingspan. We can do worse than him.

I'd be more worried about his injuries than his college performance really. He has a nice dropstep and stuff, not without post skill.

I'd say Bolden is probably one of the biggest disappointments in a long time. Huge and skilled yet just never seemed to have that fire. He's like Andew Bynum without the numbers.
He has gone thru a very long list of injuries in the past few years tho. Cant just chalk it all up to under-performance. Those duke teams are tough to showcase on if you aren't 'the-guy' just ask Wendell Carter's Parents LOL.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Here's the latest group that's coming in for a workout:

These players will attend a pre-draft workout with the Kings on Wednesday:
Anthony Cowan, 6'0, G, Maryland
Barry Brown, 6'2, G, Kansas State
Alpha Diallo, 6'7, G, Providence
Amir Coffey, 6'8, G, Minnesota
Robert Franks, 6'7, F, Washington State
Dedric Lawson, 6'8.5, F, Kansas

The two biggest names are Robert Franks a SF from Washington St. who was a very inconsistent 3pt shooter this year, and Dedric Lawson who almost averaged 20 and 10 for Kansas this past season. I thought he came into the combine out of shape, and didn't play well in either of the five on five games he was in. I was disappointed since he was one of those players I liked. However, I won't throw out four years of production at Kansas over 2 games at the combine.

I doubt that any of the others will be drafted.

I have no problem with picking with all 3 spots we own. But do believe vlade will try to move up if given the chance.
Those comments are pretty plain I know but what I don’t want is to trade into the first round for one player who will never play but then again who really knows.

If vlade has that one player in mind and he’s still around late in the 1st or early 2nd round go for it.

Here's the latest group that's coming in for a workout:

These players will attend a pre-draft workout with the Kings on Wednesday:
Anthony Cowan, 6'0, G, Maryland
Barry Brown, 6'2, G, Kansas State
Alpha Diallo, 6'7, G, Providence
Amir Coffey, 6'8, G, Minnesota
Robert Franks, 6'7, F, Washington State
Dedric Lawson, 6'8.5, F, Kansas

The two biggest names are Robert Franks a SF from Washington St. who was a very inconsistent 3pt shooter this year, and Dedric Lawson who almost averaged 20 and 10 for Kansas this past season. I thought he came into the combine out of shape, and didn't play well in either of the five on five games he was in. I was disappointed since he was one of those players I liked. However, I won't throw out four years of production at Kansas over 2 games at the combine.

I doubt that any of the others will be drafted.
Good to see Franks come in. It's interesting to see him matched up with Lawson if that's indeed the case. I personally think Franks is more of a stretch 4 and not a SF. I like him and think he could help a team in the mold of a Al Farouq Aminu or Marvin Williams. Other than that Coffey is OK.

I have no problem with picking with all 3 spots we own. But do believe vlade will try to move up if given the chance.
Those comments are pretty plain I know but what I don’t want is to trade into the first round for one player who will never play but then again who really knows.

If vlade has that one player in mind and he’s still around late in the 1st or early 2nd round go for it.
The issue is the 60th isn't worth the paper it's written on obviously. Hopefully we see Tacko there if he's not picked sooner. You have to wonder if 40 and Caleb/Mason could get it done.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Good to see Franks come in. It's interesting to see him matched up with Lawson if that's indeed the case. I personally think Franks is more of a stretch 4 and not a SF. I like him and think he could help a team in the mold of a Al Farouq Aminu or Marvin Williams. Other than that Coffey is OK.
You know, in fairness to Franks, he was inconsistent the first half the year, but the last l6 games of the year he shot 47.2% from the three. I think my problem stems from the fact that his freshman and sophmore years he under 30% from the three, but jumped up to 40% his junior year. So when he got off to such a bad start, I thought his junior year might have been an aberration and lost some interest in following him. I do think he can play the SF position, but I agree, he might be better as a PF.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The issue is the 60th isn't worth the paper it's written on obviously. Hopefully we see Tacko there if he's not picked sooner. You have to wonder if 40 and Caleb/Mason could get it done.
Well I have to be honest, if we're sitting at 60 and my choice is Tacko, or Kyle Guy, I'm taking Guy. He's simply a better player and he has a legit chance of playing in the NBA. I think Tacko's chances are not impossible, but slim.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Our announced workouts so far have been underwhelming. Hope we can get some better players in for workouts before the draft.
We have had a few players that I'm legitimately interested in, like Roby and Nembhard. I also liked Jalen Pickett. But other than that, your right. Some of these guys are going back to school, so maybe the Kings are just getting an early look at them for next year. Others are going to be two way players, or land on a G-League team.

We have had a few players that I'm legitimately interested in, like Roby and Nembhard. I also liked Jalen Pickett. But other than that, your right. Some of these guys are going back to school, so maybe the Kings are just getting an early look at them for next year. Others are going to be two way players, or land on a G-League team.
Nembhard just took his name out of the draft.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The Kings just announced those coming in for their next workout:

Alex Robinson (Unranked)
Justin Wright-Foreman (78)
Justin James (83)
Jaylen Hoard (54)
Dean Wade (86)
Bennie Boatwright (Unranked)

Jaylen Hoard is the best of this bunch, and he's likely to be drafted in the 2nd rd. He's a 6'9" PF from Wake Forest. Pretty good rebounder. He took some three's but didn't make many. Was just a freshman though.

Kingster

Hall of Famer

Alex Robinson (Unranked)
Justin James (83)
Jaylen Hoard (54)
Dean Wade (86)

Jaylen Hoard is the best of this bunch, and he's likely to be drafted in the 2nd rd. He's a 6'9" PF from Wake Forest. Pretty good rebounder. He took some three's but didn't make many. Was just a freshman though.
Of the guys who could go in the 2nd round, who are the top three athletic talents? Not basketball skill, just raw athleticism that could eventually be honed into a basketball player. Thanks.

Well I have to be honest, if we're sitting at 60 and my choice is Tacko, or Kyle Guy, I'm taking Guy. He's simply a better player and he has a legit chance of playing in the NBA. I think Tacko's chances are not impossible, but slim.

I think with Bobans rise it shows having a special teams type of big is of some value. Kyle Guy is a solid talent but undersized 2's of his build don't usually make it unless they find the right situation and with the Kings considering their need for size on the wing along with Hield/Bogdan locking down a ton of minutes in the backcourt it's practically hopeless for him.

Alex Robinson (Unranked)
Justin James (83)
Jaylen Hoard (54)
Dean Wade (86)

It makes me wonder if the Kings aren't looking to sell those picks and just go for for some undrafted players this year. I like Boatwright. He's another player where you know what you're getting. He's a terrific spot up big.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
And the Kings just announced another group that's coming in:

Ky Bowman, G, 6-1, Boston College (Vecenie #42)
Justin Robinson, G, 6-2.5, Virginia Tech
Brandon Randolph, G, 6-5, Arizona
Marial Shayok, F, 6-5.5, Iowa State
Donta Hall, C, 6-10, Alabama
Josh Sharma C, 7-0, Stanford

I don't know that any of these players will be drafted, but there are some players I like. Particularly Justin Robinson. Good passer who can shoot the ball. Not a bad defender either. I also like Marial Shayok, another player who can light it up at times. To a lesser degree, I like Ky Bowman, who is a good distributor and shot the three pretty well this past season.

Josh Sharma is an interesting player in that his first three years at Stanford, he didn't get much burn, but started to get the minutes this season, and as the season went on, he played better and better, almost becoming a double/double machine his last ten games. Hall is a good rebounder, and will block a shot from time to time, but has little game away from the basket. I'm not a fan of Randolph's.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Got another group coming in on Saturday, and there are a couple of possible 2nd rd picks in this group:

Saturday’s Kings pre-draft workout in Sacramento:

Frankie Ferrari (G – 6’1” San Francisco)
Josh Perkins (G – 6’3” Gonzaga)
Zach Norvell (G – 6’5.5” Gonzaga)
Charlie Brown (G – 6’7” St. Joseph’s)
Dewan Hernandez (F – 6’10” Miami)
Sacha Killeya-Jones (F – 6’11” Kentucky)

The mystery man, well there are a couple of them, but the one that sparks my interest is Sacha Killeya-Jones. He originally signed with Kentucky in the same class with Fox. Like many Kentucky big's, he got caught up in the numbers game. Kentucky had also brought in Malik Monk and Bam Adebayo to add to Isaac Humphries and Derek Willis. His next season wasn't much different with the addition of Nick Richards, P J Washington, and E J Montgomery. So after two years he transferred to North Carolina and as a result, he had to sit out this past year. For whatever reason, he decided to forego this coming season and stay in the draft.

He was a five star recruit who most scouts thought of as a future stretch four. Despite being rail thin, he did rebound well, and he had a decent to good 16 foot jump shot. To be honest, I'd completely forgotten about him. I'm interested to see if he's added any muscle and extended his shot out to the three.

Hernandez is another mystery man since he also didn't play last season, but for different reasons. He got caught up in that college recruiting scandal. He reapplied for his eligibility at Miami, but had it denied. Thus his entry into the draft. He did play in the five on fives at the combine and played well. He's had a checkered past, getting arrested for breaking into his girlfriend's dorm at college and dragging out another male, causing some minor cuts and bruises to the person. He says he's on the straight and narrow now, so we'll see.

Frankie Ferrari is actually a pretty good player, but he has several things going against him. He's a senior, he plays in a 2nd tier conference, and he's undersized for the position. Other than that, there's a lot to like. Charlie Brown would be a nice developmental player, either as a straight G-League player, or as a two way player. I think Norvell, who I probably like the most out of this bunch, Hernandez, and Sacha Jones have a chance of being drafted, depending on their workouts. I like Perkins, but I can name about 20 other PG's of similar ilk.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Got another group coming in on Saturday, and there are a couple of possible 2nd rd picks in this group:

Saturday’s Kings pre-draft workout in Sacramento:

Frankie Ferrari (G – 6’1” San Francisco)
Josh Perkins (G – 6’3” Gonzaga)
Zach Norvell (G – 6’5.5” Gonzaga)
Charlie Brown (G – 6’7” St. Joseph’s)
Dewan Hernandez (F – 6’10” Miami)
Sacha Killeya-Jones (F – 6’11” Kentucky)

The mystery man, well there are a couple of them, but the one that sparks my interest is Sacha Killeya-Jones. He originally signed with Kentucky in the same class with Fox. Like many Kentucky big's, he got caught up in the numbers game. Kentucky had also brought in Malik Monk and Bam Adebayo to add to Isaac Humphries and Derek Willis. His next season wasn't much different with the addition of Nick Richards, P J Washington, and E J Montgomery. So after two years he transferred to North Carolina and as a result, he had to sit out this past year. For whatever reason, he decided to forego this coming season and stay in the draft.

He was a five star recruit who most scouts thought of as a future stretch four. Despite being rail thin, he did rebound well, and he had a decent to good 16 foot jump shot. To be honest, I'd completely forgotten about him. I'm interested to see if he's added any muscle and extended his shot out to the three.

Hernandez is another mystery man since he also didn't play last season, but for different reasons. He got caught up in that college recruiting scandal. He reapplied for his eligibility at Miami, but had it denied. Thus his entry into the draft. He did play in the five on fives at the combine and played well. He's had a checkered past, getting arrested for breaking into his girlfriend's dorm at college and dragging out another male, causing some minor cuts and bruises to the person. He says he's on the straight and narrow now, so we'll see.

Frankie Ferrari is actually a pretty good player, but he has several things going against him. He's a senior, he plays in a 2nd tier conference, and he's undersized for the position. Other than that, there's a lot to like. Charlie Brown would be a nice developmental player, either as a straight G-League player, or as a two way player. I think Norvell, who I probably like the most out of this bunch, Hernandez, and Sacha Jones have a chance of being drafted, depending on their workouts. I like Perkins, but I can name about 20 other PG's of similar ilk.
If I put bets on longshots, Frankie Ferrari would definitely see some action. :p Love, love, love that name!