[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (DEC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
two overtimes in the Bay area, that game must of ended at or close to midnight, these late starts to these games are terrible, especially for those who are trying to catch up on zzzzz's

Kind of glad I did miss it, between the two teams combined there must of been at least 80 three pointers attempted

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the Hawks are on a downward spiral and quick, 7 losses in the last 8 games...maybe it's time for them to trade Millsap? Kings should call them up and try to pry him away, or maybe Korver/Hardaway.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
the Hawks are on a downward spiral and quick, 7 losses in the last 8 games...maybe it's time for them to trade Millsap?
Wouldn't surprise me, if it were true: there seems to be a limited amount of success that Howard can have playing alongside a "stretch 4." The only time it worked was when he was the focal point of the offense.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
the Hawks are on a downward spiral and quick, 7 losses in the last 8 games...maybe it's time for them to trade Millsap? Kings should call them up and try to pry him away, or maybe Korver/Hardaway.
Afflalo for Millsap/Thabo/Korver seems fair value. Maybe if it's not enough we can toss in Tolliver for them. Y'Know, just to throw them a bone.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
in other news, the weenie-East is having another of those "we're still the scrawny little wimp you beat up and take lunch money from, even when you're not hungry, just because we cry out to be beat down in the name of all that is not pathetic" nights against the West. Now that we're largely done playing them. Thx.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It seems as if every single game today has been decided by 5 points or less...lots of competition tonight, good night to watch.

K

KingMilz

Grizzlies win 3 games in a row playing without
Conley
Z-Bo
Carter
Brandon Wright
James Ennis
Chandler Parsons

The Memphis new big 3 of Marc Gasol/Tony Allen/Troy Daniels

If you ever wondered how this team could end up with so little talent despite going to the lottery every season:
Five and half years ago, a call had come into Myers inside the Warriors’ facility. Within 48 hours of the 2011 draft, the San Antonio Spurs had flown in Thompson for a clandestine workout and meeting with Gregg Popovich and R.C. Buford.

Myers had known the Spurs were aggressively pushing for a trade into the Toronto Raptors’ fifth spot to draft Lithuanian center Jonas Valanciunas, a move the Warriors wanted to make themselves. Short of that deal, Myers had a sneaking suspicion that the Spurs were moving toward a Plan B: cutting a deal to bound over the Warriors’ 11th overall pick and take Thompson.

Golden State believed this, too: At No. 10, the Milwaukee Bucks wanted to draft Thompson as well.

“Consensus was hard with our group,” Myers once told me, “but we had it with drafting Klay.”

History changed course on draft night, when the Bucks traded out of No. 10 and the Sacramento Kings moved into the spot – wanting Jimmer Fredette.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/klay-t...nder-of-warriors-belief-in-him-160840424.html

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'll go ahead and do myself a favor and not watch any Rockets/Warriors games unless they play the Kings and when they are up by 20, shut it off.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'm still trying to figure out how the Grizzlies are 16-8 with Conley & Parsons out.

They start a line up of Harrison, Troy Williams??, Tony Allen, Green & Gasol..while having Troy Daniels (Kings killer) & Tony Douglas playing significant minutes

K

KingMilz

I'm still trying to figure out how the Grizzlies are 16-8 with Conley & Parsons out.

They start a line up of Harrison, Troy Williams??, Tony Allen, Green & Gasol..while having Troy Daniels (Kings killer) & Tony Douglas playing significant minutes
Cause Marc Gasol/Tony Allen

Gasol has always been a guy despite having solid stats (he's picked it up big time) that's always helped teams win more than the stats say, same goes for Allen his hustle at both ends just energizers everyone.

It's also helped they have played a soft scheduled the last 5 (although they missed Z-Bo/VC/Ennis on top of the already injured) there best win was the Portland game and they are 10-0 in games decided by less than 5 and have won 6-7 in a row with games decided by less than 5.

Gasol right now would have to be a top 5 MVP candidate just based on the fact that he's carrying a bunch of no names to something decent so far, if the Grizz were fully healthy 16-8 would be a tremendous start.

Grizzlies are the anti Kings they don't make excuses they just get crap done.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Cause Marc Gasol/Tony Allen

Gasol has always been a guy despite having solid stats (he's picked it up big time) that's always helped teams win more than the stats say, same goes for Allen his hustle at both ends just energizers everyone.

It's also helped they have played a soft scheduled the last 5 (although they missed Z-Bo/VC/Ennis on top of the already injured) there best win was the Portland game and they are 10-0 in games decided by less than 5 and have won 6-7 in a row with games decided by less than 5.

Gasol right now would have to be a top 5 MVP candidate just based on the fact that he's carrying a bunch of no names to something decent so far, if the Grizz were fully healthy 16-8 would be a tremendous start.

Grizzlies are the anti Kings they don't make excuses they just get poopoo done.
I think you are giving Tony Allen way too much credit here. He is merely a defensive role player, that doesn't equate to the amount of wins that they have. This is strictly Marc Gasol playing above his head and hitting an absurd amount of three point shots to only expand his game further.

Memphis did something similar to this last season, no? a bunch of waiver wire, d-league type of players that were on the roster and they managed to win games. So long as Gasol/Randolph/Conley are there, their culture is set in stone.

K

KingMilz

I think you are giving Tony Allen way too much credit here. He is merely a defensive role player, that doesn't equate to the amount of wins that they have. This is strictly Marc Gasol playing above his head and hitting an absurd amount of three point shots to only expand his game further.

Memphis did something similar to this last season, no? a bunch of waiver wire, d-league type of players that were on the roster and they managed to win games. So long as Gasol/Randolph/Conley are there, their culture is set in stone.
Obviously it's Gasol but the clear current 2nd best player on the team is Allen imo I'm not sure they would be where they are without him beasting as well

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
In terms of big moves that haven't worked out as intended, I feel like the T-Wolves giving the reigns to Thibs and the Pacers hastily assembling a slightly above-average "superteam" are two of the most meh-worthy stories of the season.

In terms of big moves that haven't worked out as intended, I feel like the T-Wolves giving the reigns to Thibs and the Pacers hastily assembling a slightly above-average "superteam" are two of the most meh-worthy stories of the season.
I have read some comments elsewhere from T-wolves fans that are not very happy with Thibbs. Some are even mentioning trading KAT because of Thibbs if you can fathom that non-sense

Guess some folks are fans of both, T-Wolves and Kings, active on both message boards.
If you mean me, I try and read as much basketball information I can get my eyes on. Usually I will look in on other teams Reddit pages and the main NBA Reddit page, among other sites. Its helpful to try and get a feel on what trades may be possible. With the caveat that these are all fans so more a consensus on what they may feel is fair.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I have read some comments elsewhere from T-wolves fans that are not very happy with Thibbs. Some are even mentioning trading KAT because of Thibbs if you can fathom that non-sense
It doesn't really matter if the fans aren't happy. They aren't the ones who brought him on board. He makes their final decisions and coaches them, after a while...that will take its toll IMO. Only the great Popovich is the one who has been able to do it consistently and produce a winner for such a duration that we won't see again IMO. He is there to stay, it's a process, they are one of the youngest teams in the league, if they want to win games they need to either let the players develop and grow together, or swap some of that plethora of youth on the roster for some veterans who can help them win and I'm not talking about any type of veterans, they can nab themselves quality pieces with the players they have.

It doesn't really matter if the fans aren't happy. They aren't the ones who brought him on board. He makes their final decisions and coaches them, after a while...that will take its toll IMO. Only the great Popovich is the one who has been able to do it consistently and produce a winner for such a duration that we won't see again IMO. He is there to stay, it's a process, they are one of the youngest teams in the league, if they want to win games they need to either let the players develop and grow together, or swap some of that plethora of youth on the roster for some veterans who can help them win and I'm not talking about any type of veterans, they can nab themselves quality pieces with the players they have.
And of course you are correct in that they have no say so. It is quite interesting how similar the conversations are across multiple teams in similar situations across the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.