[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (OCT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
but wait...how is Horford in the HOF and Webber isn't?
First of All™, your whole post is based on a false ultimatum: the Hall of Fame is not a zero-sum game. Horford's eligibility into the Hall has nothing to do with Webber's, or vice versa. It's not like Horford getting in would mean that Webber couldn't; hell, he might already be in by the time Horford is even eligible.

Second of all, Horford has two NCAA National Championships to help his case (I don't know why people always forget that it's the Basketball Hall of Fame, not the NBA Hall of Fame), plus he has a reputation as "Winner Guy," as well as a much better reputation among the voters.

I said it when Webber didn't make the cut the first time, I said it again when he didn't make it the second time, and I'm going to keep saying it: I don't see Webber getting in, until and unless he makes good with Michigan, and buries the hatchet with the rest of the Fab Five.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
First of All™, your whole post is based on a false ultimatum: the Hall of Fame is not a zero-sum game. Horford's eligibility into the Hall has nothing to do with Webber's, or vice versa. It's not like Horford getting in would mean that Webber couldn't; hell, he might already be in by the time Horford is even eligible.

Second of all, Horford has two NCAA National Championships to help his case (I don't know why people always forget that it's the Basketball Hall of Fame, not the NBA Hall of Fame), plus he has a reputation as "Winner Guy," as well as a much better reputation among the voters.

I said it when Webber didn't make the cut the first time, I said it again when he didn't make it the second time, and I'm going to keep saying it: I don't see Webber getting in, until and unless he makes good with Michigan, and buries the hatchet with the rest of the Fab Five.
I don't see how NCAA accomplishments have any merit in who gets into the HOF....that's a separate accolade in my opinion. Horford is not and never will be a HOFer, I'd love to re-visit this when the time warrants.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't see how NCAA accomplishments have any merit in who gets into the HOF....that's a separate accolade in my opinion. Horford is not and never will be a HOFer, I'd love to re-visit this when the time warrants.
Because it's the BASKETBALL HALL OF FAME and, as Slim already said, not just the NBA Hall of Fame.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I don't see how NCAA accomplishments have any merit in who gets into the HOF
Why wouldn't they? Again, it's not the NBA Hall of Fame, and it never has been. 23 of the first 26 players inducted into the Hall of Fame never even played in the NBA. I mean, forget about international legends like Oscar Schmidt and Nikos Galis, who never even played in the NBA, if you think that college achievements shouldn't count, you must have been fittin' to eat your hat when they let Ralph Sampson and Grant Hill in.

....that's a separate accolade in my opinion.
Your opinion on this matter is uninformed.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Why wouldn't they? Again, it's not the NBA Hall of Fame, and it never has been. 23 of the first 26 players inducted into the Hall of Fame never even played in the NBA. I mean, forget about international legends like Oscar Schmidt and Nikos Galis, who never even played in the NBA, if you think that college achievements shouldn't count, you must have been fittin' to eat your hat when they let Ralph Sampson and Grant Hill in.

Your opinion on this matter is uninformed.
I understand it's not the NBA HOF but I don't necessarily agree that college success should be a factor in getting into the HOF but until they have a whole other ceremony for NBA success only, it's what it is and I'll remain skeptical on the inductees.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I understand it's not the NBA HOF but I don't necessarily agree that college success should be a factor in getting into the HOF but until they have a whole other ceremony for NBA success only, it's what it is and I'll remain skeptical on the inductees.
So, your position is essentially that the governing body of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame is wrong, and you're right?

:: purses lips, tilts head to the side ::

That's a bold move, Cotton.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
There doesn't appear to be enough of a demand for one. It also seems as though the only people who want an NBA Hall of Fame are the people who want to disregard the achievements of anything outside of the NBA.

Any one see the game last night? Holy cow. It was a clinic in how to play team defense. Both teams moved the ball like a hot potato. Fast pace but the Sixers scored well under 100 points. Everyone talks about the West but these two teams from the East are really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.