[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (MAR)

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_11.html
RULE NO. 11-BASKETBALL INTERFERENCE-GOALTENDING

a. Touch the ball or the basket ring when the ball is using the basket ring as its lower base.
EXCEPTION: If a player near his own basket has his hand legally in contact with the ball, it is not a violation if his contact with the ball continues after the ball enters the cylinder, or if, in such action, he touches the basket.
b. Touch the ball when it is above the basket ring and within the imaginary cylinder.
c. For goaltending to occur, the ball, in the judgment of the official, must have a chance to score.
d. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball after it has touched any part of the backboard above ring level, whether the ball is considered on its upward or downward flight.
e. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball after it has touched the backboard below the ring level and while the ball is on its upward flight.
f. Trap the ball against the face of the backboard. (To be a trapped ball, three elements must exist simultaneously. The hand, the ball and the backboard must all occur at the same time. A batted ball against the backboard is not a trapped ball.)
g. Touch any live ball from within the playing area that is on its downward flight with an opportunity to touch the basket ring. This is considered to be a "field goal attempt" or trying for a goal.
h. Touch the ball at any time with a hand which is through the basket ring.
i. Vibrate the rim or backboard so as to cause the ball to make an unnatural bounce.

from tuesday's game (sixers-heat),
C'MON MAN

The 4th Q of the Blazers v Lakers has been pretty good. Watching Lillard always stings a little. He finished with 19pts in the 4th, 14 straight at one point.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It's funny to me how some Kings Fans used to be on some "**** Zach Lowe," but when he says something positive about the Kings, the game flips up. That's whatever, I guess, to each their own.
Hell, I'm still mad at Bill Simmons for making up bad Boogie-to-Boston trades (all of which probably would've been a better haul than what he eventually got traded for) like four years ago.

Good. Not to be a jerk, but I hope he explodes and makes the Kings look stupid. (He won't soon though. As much as I like him, dudes still a huge project)
I'm not sure how you can concurrently hope that the Kings' moves backfire while then being mad at them for making those moves. All that says is you want to be right regardless and you don't actually care how the Kings do. In this instance, you want PapaG to become good, because you believe they made a stupid move, when in actual fact if he does not become good, it shows that they did not make a stupid move, which you would be mad about anyway.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm not clear on what the contradiction is: @SLAB has been pretty consistent about the fact that he likes Papagiannis, and wants him to succeed. Not only that, but there's also no inconsistency in being against a personnel move, and wanting that move to fail, out of spite.

I'm not clear on what the contradiction is: @SLAB has been pretty consistent about the fact that he likes Papagiannis, and wants him to succeed. Not only that, but there's also no inconsistency in being against a personnel move, and wanting that move to fail, out of spite.
Well ... that's the point isn't it. How can you be simultaneously spiteful and mad (in a supportive way) at the team? It's "I hope you fail!", and then getting mad when they do indeed fail such that you then become more spiteful and hope the team fails again. Usually when you are spiteful, you are done with the relationship. Unless you're saying that SLAB no longer supports the Kings and only wishes them to fail, in which case you are right that there is no inconsistency.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
  1. Who says you have to be mad "in a supportive way"? What does that even mean?
  2. You appear to be extrapolating something from @SLAB's post that is not actually contained in the text: he likes Papagiannis, and he wants the kid to succeed. The Kings got rid of him, so he wants Papagiannis to succeed wherever he ends up, and prove that the Kings made a mistake by getting rid of him. He also recognizes that Papagiannis is still a work in progress, and that he's not going to be great tomorrow, but is rooting for him to be great eventually. How are you getting "and then getting mad when they do indeed fail such that you then become more spiteful and hope the team fails again" out of that?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well ... that's the point isn't it. How can you be simultaneously spiteful and mad (in a supportive way) at the team? It's "I hope you fail!", and then getting mad when they do indeed fail such that you then become more spiteful and hope the team fails again. Usually when you are spiteful, you are done with the relationship. Unless you're saying that SLAB no longer supports the Kings and only wishes them to fail, in which case you are right that there is no inconsistency.
You're reading WAY too much into things around here recently.