[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (FEB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Tyreke Evans and Nikola Mirotic have reportedly been notified by their respective teams that they're being shut down until after the trade deadline. Which is another way of saying that they have each played their last games with their respective teams.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Unless, of course, they're being shut down because they're knee deep in trade negotiations and don't want something horrible to happen before there's an actual deal on paper. Considering the way players have been falling lately, I think it's a pretty fair strategy.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Guys! Phoenix Suns-era bad mojo IT is back!

Mike Zavagno‏@MZavagno11
Cavs prior to Isaiah Thomas returning
6th in Net Rating
25th in dRTG
2nd in oRTG
Cavs after Isaiah Thomas' return
30th in Net Rating
29th in dRTG
28th in oRTG
Going from 2nd to 28th in offense is significantly more impactful than from 25th to 29th in defense

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Maybe they're all in a suicide/humiliation fantasy football league, and those uniforms were the punishment for finishing in last place?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account@wojespn 3h3 hours ago

Three frontrunners (Boston, Denver and Philadelphia) and a fourth team (Miami) staying engaged on Memphis' Tyreke Evans, league sources tell ESPN.
I'm torn between wanting to see Tyreke end up somewhere that he can win, and wanting to see him go somewhere that he can play. I don't that the teams who are interested in him, that he can get PT are teams that can win.

I'm torn between wanting to see Tyreke end up somewhere that he can win, and wanting to see him go somewhere that he can play. I don't that the teams who are interested in him, that he can get PT are teams that can win.
Tyreke is a guy who needs the ball in his hands to be successful. I could easily see him being traded to a contender who gives him 20mins, but only 7-10 minutes as a lead guard. You need to let him go through his shots just like how Memphis is. On a contending team who already has their core, Tyreke might struggle to fit in.

He can easily come off the bench as a 6th man, but he'll get only 4 or 5minute stints? go 0-2 with 2 tos? get taken out until the next quarter. Horrible flow for a player with Tyreke's playstyle.

Just woke up and saw the news, as a Latvian I feel sick to my stomach... still can't believe it happened... want to puke...
Horrible news for Porzingis. I know he's 7'3 and 230+lbs, but I'm hopeful that with today's medicine and treatments, he'll recover 100% from this. He's actually my favorite player in the NBA, so I'm really sadden by this.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Horrible news for Porzingis. I know he's 7'3 and 230+lbs, but I'm hopeful that with today's medicine and treatments, he'll recover 100% from this. He's actually my favorite player in the NBA, so I'm really sadden by this.
And this is why I've been skeptical of the whole modern NBA big man movement towards the perimeter. Being able to make plays outside the paint but when it becomes the entirety of your game, it puts a hell of a lot of stress on a body that simply isn't built to handle the stress.

And this is why I've been skeptical of the whole modern NBA big man movement towards the perimeter. Being able to make plays outside the paint but when it becomes the entirety of your game, it puts a hell of a lot of stress on a body that simply isn't built to handle the stress.
If this is not a indicate that he needs to play as a center, then I don't know, he can't do stuff like that being 7'3'' tall and chase opponent SF on defense or play against stretch 5.

I hope he realizes that it will be best for his career moving forward playing as a 5...

Heard from reports in Knicks forum that it is bad tear and it will be difficult surgery because he is so damn long, the only person I can think of close to 7 foot and with ACL injury, is other Latvian NBA player, my friend Bertans from the Spurs he is 6'10'' and had two ACL injuries on both knees when he was playing in Europe... positive thing is he is still as athletic right now in the NBA as he was in Europe.

Heard from reports in Knicks forum that it is bad tear and it will be difficult surgery because he is so damn long, the only person I can think of close to 7 foot and with ACL injury, is other Latvian NBA player, my friend Bertans from the Spurs he is 6'10'' and had two ACL injuries on both knees when he was playing in Europe... positive thing is he is still as athletic right now in the NBA as he was in Europe.
I really hope that's not the case with Porzingis. However, Bertan's case is extremely promising for him. He's not as tall or big as Porzingis, but you couldn't even tell that he's had 2 ACL injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.