[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (APR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It's officially the end of an era in San Antonio! Last night's "come from ahead" loss to the Clippers has left the Spurs with a record of 45-33, with four games to go in the regular season. Thus ensuring that the Spurs will finish the season with fewer than fifty wins, for the first time in twenty years.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
While the incessantly inane tanking debate continues in #KingsRap, I'd like to take this moment to shout out the Denver Nuggets, who have been pretty much playing "Win Or Go Home" basketball for the last two weeks or so. Apparently, appeals to "You'd just get swept by the Rockets, anyway!" have fallen on deaf ears in Denver, and I am here for it! I'm pulling for the Nuggets, for the duration.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Just watched the finish to IND/CHA. Since I haven't said this in a while, let me just repeat, for the record: relegating Stephanie Ready to a sideline reporter job is god damned insane. That woman should be in a booth somewhere. Hell, she should be coaching somewhere.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
If there were a second "All-Star" game between the end of the regular season and the start of the playoffs, where your team had to be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs to be eligible, Ben McLemore would be, like, a four-time starter.

Well, I did not know where to put it, so here I go. Hats off to Donovan Mitchell and the Jazz who clinched a playoff spot today. Mitchell had 28 pts, 9 boards and 8 assist n todays win against the Lakers. Not bad for a rookie, he has consistently performed great this year, so my vote for ROY.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
According to ESPN's The Jump, Nikola Jokic has one more triple-double this year (9) than he has dunks (8).

Nikola Jokic is seven feet tall. I can't decide whether I find that bit of trivia impressive, or offensive.
Adds more juice to the whole argument that Jokic is a supercharged Brad Miller.

As much as I hate the Lakers, this is a nice story

Just came here to say the same thing... hope some other team (not Lakers) can give him at least a one year deal next season as a veteran presence, he has earned it imo the fact that he hasn't shoot under 40 % from three since freshman or sophmore year in college is mindblowing.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
this is what it's all about, Denver vs Minnesota for a slot in the post season, I'd like to see Minny get in, end their decade plus streak of no playoffs

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
So, this thing with Russell Westbrook's teammates clearing out to let him collect rebounds, and secure his second straight season of averaging a triple-double: do we think it's as egregious as when David Robinson's teammates conspired to help him take the scoring title away from Shaq in '94? Less egregious? Or, more egregious?

Status
Not open for further replies.