NBA All Star Weekend 2014

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It's not particularly aimed at my demographic, either: I'm probably at least twenty years too old for their "target," but I love it all, just the same.

I mean, I watch everything: the Main Event on Sunday, the Rising Stars challenge, the D-League game, All-Star Saturday Night... hell, I even watch the Celebrity game... This is, basically, my favorite fifty-two hours of the year; to borrow a phrase coined by Jason Whitlock, it's Black Thanksgiving.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
"Everybody on my team has a neon light. Not green, neon. If you don't shoot the ball, you're comin' out of the game." - Chris Webber, opening minutes of the Rising Stars game

Anyone getting depressed watching Andre Drummond grab every rebound and wonder how great him and Big Cuz would have been together. Sigh....

"Everybody on my team has a neon light. Not green, neon. If you don't shoot the ball, you're comin' out of the game." - Chris Webber, opening minutes of the Rising Stars game
From the Keith Smart book of coaching, "Art of Abhor."

Kings fans might want to check out very beginning of Saturday festivities on TNT. At 2 PM PT is "The Big O" about Oscar Robertson - greatest Kings/Royals player ever, one of top 5 NBA players of all time w/ special interviewer Chris Webber.

All Star Saturday Night begins at 5:30 PM PT but lots of interesting programming leading up to event competition on TNT.

Go Kings & Ben McLemore!

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I hate those stupid-looking sleeved t-shirt jerseys. The fact the manufacturer is pushing them as the next best thing just so they can make tons of money when all the little fanboy lemmings buy them makes me want to puke. And players will support them for the simple reason they get a percentage of all the jersey sales. Blech.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
There is no record that he is employed if you use Wikipedia as a resource for the NBA. He is still being paid a year by the Kings. Outrageous but that's the way contracts work in the NBA. They definitely favor the "employee."

That Cliff Paul commercial was way too long, they started back at the 1920's and went down the entire heritage line of the Pauls. The James Harden disguised as Anthony Davis commercial was pretty funny.

Also check out Arne Duncan The Secretary of Fundamentals dominating another celebrity All Star game.

Last edited:

Glenn

Hall of Famer
A whole "money ball" rack? What's that **** about?
Can't you feel that extra zap of excitement? If the question was sincere, it allows the shooter to put the money ball rack at a place where he feels he can get the most benefit. I kinda like it but it doesn't make or break the contest as the best shooter on this day will win. Maybe after it is over we can try to judge if the money ball rack made any difference.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Will Ben try a 720? I don't remember as I seldom watch this manufactured for the fan type of sports but I doubt a 720 has ever been made. I'd like to see a try and fail than no try at all.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
That whole Cliff Paul thing was just stupid...

In other news, how the bleep did they pick the contestants for the 3-point shooting? Jimmer could blow all of them off the court without half trying.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Can't you feel that extra zap of excitement? If the question was sincere, it allows the shooter to put the money ball rack at a place where he feels he can get the most benefit.
Well, aside from Afflalo, so far, they've all been wrong.

Iso Joe is clearly not a contest shooter; he doesn't get his shot off quick enough.

I hate those stupid-looking sleeved t-shirt jerseys. The fact the manufacturer is pushing them as the next best thing just so they can make tons of money when all the little fanboy lemmings buy them makes me want to puke. And players will support them for the simple reason they get a percentage of all the jersey sales. Blech.
They're part of the "skinny pants" generation. Maybe they can try skinny shorts too. Keep them hanging to the knee, but really tight. :eek: Ummm, no thank you.

Hopefully clear heads prevail and we never have to see those on our Kings