Muslim extremists kill 12 in France

Surprised there's no thread about this but maybe it's a time difference issue.

A manhunt is under way in Paris after gunmen attacked French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo, killing at least 12 in what President François Hollande said was "undoubtedly a terrorist attack". Follow FRANCE 24’s live blog for the latest news.

Charlie Hebdo has drawn repeated threats for its caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed, among other controversial sketches.A firebomb attack gutted the magazine's headquarters in November 2011 after it put an image of the Prophet Mohammed on its cover.
Read more: http://www.france24.com/en/20150107...rench-paris-charlie-hebdo-satirical-magazine/

Charlie Hedbo is a satirical magazine in France which often ridicules ALL religions, including Islam. It makes my blood boil that fundamentalists think they're justified to murder indiscriminately over a cartoon.
I'm absolutely fuming. There is also a video of one policeman being shot, and as he begs for his life, they run up to him and execute him. Not for the faint of heart. That video is NOT included in the link, though many news websites are showing it.

BTW, these two excuses for human beings are still on the run as of this moment. They haven't been caught, though I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Edit - trimmed out religious discussion - not going there! - Warhawk

Last edited by a moderator:

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Just a reminder - we are not going to start getting into any religious discussion. Period. I trimmed out the potentially inflammatory remarks.

Just a reminder - we are not going to start getting into any religious discussion. Period. I trimmed out the potentially inflammatory remarks.
Fair enough, but you edited out some factual stuff that shouldn't have been edited out.

I wasn't trying to start a religious discussion, for what it's worth. It's disgusting that satire is worth killing 12 people to some.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Having the ability to read the pre-edited content, part of the trouble is that you injected enough editorial content that it would be difficult to remove that content, and still have the 'factual stuff' be readable.

Given the rules that the Admin has set for this message board, the most effective way to post a story like this is to include as little personal commentary as possible.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Having the ability to read the pre-edited content, part of the trouble is that you injected enough editorial content that it would be difficult to remove that content, and still have the 'factual stuff' be readable.

Given the rules that the Admin has set for this message board, the most effective way to post a story like this is to include as little personal commentary as possible.
Exactly. There is only so much trimming with a scalpel I ever feel like doing for something like this. I quickly trimmed what appeared to be potentially inflammatory stuff and left what I could. I'm not going to start re-writing things for posters.

It's a shame there is no religious discussion allowed, though I completely get why that's the case. It's a bigger shame that people can't discuss these things like adults and all discussion on it has to be banned.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's a shame there is no religious discussion allowed, though I completely get why that's the case. It's a bigger shame that people can't discuss these things like adults and all discussion on it has to be banned.
There are boards dedicated to the discussion of world affairs, current events, etc. This isn't one of them. It was tried here before and it was catastrophic. Arguing about sports is heated enough; arguing about things that really matter in the world can bring out sides of ugly in people you never would have imagined.