M's vs. Minny

Part 1

-Why was I always thisclose to getting one of the free items?

-Why was Kevin Garnett at the game?

- Why did two people call me during the game because they were sitting around with no power listening to the game on a battery powered radio?

- Why was I expecting a Monarchs loss?

-Why did it seem like the M's were dropping like flies (every time I looked over another player was hobbling to the bench)?

-----------------
Part 2

-Nice way to end the season.:D The team was up and down but pulled things together late.

- Bobby and KG were funny. They were going back and forth with each play, each goal and each shot with their respective teams

- Yo said Ticha is going to play on Friday. She was still limping, but not to bad as far as my medical expertise goes. I hope she is all right.

Kevin Garnett ROCKS!!! From what I've seen, he's been following the Lynx on their road trip. I saw him during the Lynx game down in LA. I believe he attends all their home games as well.

About 10 minutes into the game I was BEGGING for Whiz to take Yo out. But where I nearly started crying (I'll admit, after Yo tore her meniscus back in 1999 against Charlotte on the night we clinched a spot - I have become VERY skiddish) was when Yo dove to the floor for a ball with under 40 seconds left in the game and the Monarchs up by a bunch of points. And she got tackled by a couple of Lynx and lay on the floor motionless after they got the pile off of her. He sent Brunson in for her with about 26 seconds left.

I'm not sure how this ranks but...the Anita Baker CDs, the Garlic Fries and the DVD player came into my sections but still nada. Ooooh but my section won the slot pull and we were supposed to get the lottery tickets. Well, everbody did but my row and the row behind me because they ran out of tickets so they gave us all the name of the person we can call on Monday to get something.

I did nearly see a fight break out near Hoopmatron's section when two people fought over one the basketballs they threw. For some reason I thought at first the two of them knew each other and were just messing around. But they were REALLY wrestling with each other to get the ball. A good samaritan kept them from coming to blows, and they kept an usher stationed nearby to keep the peace. But that was scary.

When Minnesota never took off in this game I felt pretty good about the M's chances of winning it. As much praise as I heaped on DeMya yesterday, she relapsed tonight. But hopefully she'll get more focused and stop trying to do too much. Kara ran the offense well and that was good to see and she did heavy duty tonight.

I'm a big fan of the Hip Hop Crew Soul Train dance line routine and they were great. The older version of the crew even had a very solid performance tonight. Fun night, great game. I'm ready for Friday.....When the pairings were announced, I'm sure Marcos Breton sharpened his pencil ready to write his stories being the sometime fan of the Monarchs he is. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Monty'sBiggestFan said:
I did nearly see a fight break out near Hoopmatron's section when two people fought over one the basketballs they threw. For some reason I thought at first the two of them knew each other and were just messing around. But they were REALLY wrestling with each other to get the ball. A good samaritan kept them from coming to blows, and they kept an usher stationed nearby to keep the peace. But that was scary.
That was just a few rows above me too, and at first I thought they knew each other too. But dang....the girl from 102, our section who didn't get the ball, was also one of the Mel Rapton shoot out contestants who didn't win. They went after that ball on the stairs, and if another person hadn't come between them there would definitely have been some punches thrown. I was thinking: it's just a ball......but oh well....

-That's nothing, I saw (not last night, a previous game) this women almost get in a fight with some kids.....Ok that's a big exaggerative of me to say ;). The kids sort of stole the shirt out of her hands, but hey in my section we'll do anything to get something...any thing when they do remember us.

- This woman a couple rows ahead of me got a DVD player, some food and a pair of shoes!

-That's cool of KG...although he has fallen a bit out of favor with me. We're trying to figure out, if he was dating someone on the Lynx, is he visiting some of the Kings buddies, why would he be in Sacramento?

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
KG has been supporting the Lynx, which I think is great. Apparently, he either went on the road trip with them or followed them.

Although, I cannot stand him (since I think he has turned into a thug), I will at least give him props for supporting the women's game.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Not being a fan of the women's game to the exclusion of the men's game (and, in fact, still principally being a fan of the NBA first), I'm afraid that I can't join MBF on the "Kevin Garnett Rocks" bandwagon, although I will say that it's good to see high profile NBA players as fans of the WNBA.

Why does it seem like Ticha always gets injured for the playoffs?

That's alright. I don't need any riders on the bandwagon. If Webber showed up to the games like Garnett shows up to the Lynx games I'd say he rocks too. (I still like Garnett the Timberwolf too). The fact that Garnett followed this team on its road trip I think raised him a little on my meter. Cuttino Mobley and Stephon Marbury are solid fans of the W too. Gerald Wallace rocks too I don't think he missed a Monarchs game when he was a King.

Why does it seem like Ticha always gets hurt for the playoffs? Because she is. She has NEVER had a season in which she was completely healthy. She nearly made it this year tho, so I gotta give her credit for tempting the fates. I hope this means she will be healthy DURING the playoffs. Give her a flak jacket and thigh pads and she should be able to stay healthy playing against the Sparks in the postseason. Leslie has dismissed her from a half of a game in 1999 and a game and a half last year.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm surprised that Garnett didn't try to bring the 9mm and "a couple of clips" to the arena with him...

As far as Penichero, given our playoff history with the Thugs, er... Sparks... our best chance for Ticha not getting injured is for her to hire a stunt double.

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Not being a fan of the women's game to the exclusion of the men's game (and, in fact, still principally being a fan of the NBA first), I'm afraid that I can't join MBF on the "Kevin Garnett Rocks" bandwagon, although I will say that it's good to see high profile NBA players as fans of the WNBA.
I agree with Slim on this. The more I here about Garnett off the court, The more I become les of a fan....