Mr. Slim > Fantasy Baseball

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
My friend asked me to join his fantasy baseball league at the last minute, so that he'd have enough managers to field a full league. Now me, I don't know anything about baseball, and didn't even particularly like baseball, but he asked me nicely, so I said okay.

The whole thing has been an interesting experience for me: for the most part, my only interest in baseball was that I vaguely consider myself a fan of the Cubs, due to the fact that my pops grew up a Cubs fan, and he took me to Wrigley when I was seven years old for my birthday. It's something that, even though I did not grow up a baseball fan myself, I never forgot, and twenty-two years later, I got to take my own seven year-old son to see a Major League Baseball game. He has begun to express an interest in baseball, so joining this fantasy also helped me by forcing me to learn enough about baseball that I could talk about it with my kid.

Anyway, back to the league. I finished the season with a losing record, and barely made the playoffs by virtue of a tiebreaker... I then proceeded to whip up on three managers in a row to win the damn thing.

Go me!