MLE for Joel Pryz?

HE might demand more than that... but What do you think of moving brad back to PF where he earned an ALL STAR appearence and sign Joel for Center? And keep SAR for a back up, and somehow get rid of Kenny for a back up PG...

SacKings4Life21 said:
HE might demand more than that... but What do you think of moving brad back to PF where he earned an ALL STAR appearence and sign Joel for Center? And keep SAR for a back up, and somehow get rid of Kenny for a back up PG...
I'm totally on board with that, the problem is... reality.

I do think he'll command more than the MLE, which may put us out of the running since we're over the salary cap. A sign-and-trade might be a possibility though.

Why do Corliss and Kenny's contracts seem so much heavier than Webb's? Don't answer. It's too depressing.
~~

Alacron said:

I do think he'll command more than the MLE, which may put us out of the running since we're over the salary cap. A sign-and-trade might be a possibility though.

Why do Corliss and Kenny's contracts seem so much heavier than Webb's? Don't answer. It's too depressing.
~~
Corliss's contract dopesnt... its over after 1 more year... he is vey tradeable. But Kenny's is a beast... At least webbers contract has a once great All star attatched ot it... Kenny is just a whinning baby who plays decent

Alacron said:

~~
I like Joel. If you're going after him though, that means you're trading Brad Miller. Joel is a starter.

Well Remember when we Got brad miller when Webber was hurt? He filled in for webber, and was named an All Star... I would be down for moving him back to PF. He would creat alot of mismatches. He would pull his man out of the key, open up for drives or his great shooting (now a 3 pt thret) ... what yall think of that brad joel front court? Get rid of kenny if we can... and keep reef

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
SacKings4Life21 said:
Well Remember when we Got brad miller when Webber was hurt? He filled in for webber, and was named an All Star... I would be down for moving him back to PF. He would creat alot of mismatches. He would pull his man out of the key, open up for drives or his great shooting (now a 3 pt thret) ... what yall think of that brad joel front court? Get rid of kenny if we can... and keep reef
Very very slow.

Brad isn't a center though.

He's supposedly very unhappy here in Portland right now, they just had a feature on him on FSN NW after the game. But the main thing is he wants to play for a winner, so perhaps a MLE deal is workable but it would have to be the right circumstance. I don't think we're 1 Joel Pryzbilla away from winning a championship though.

I agree... I would like to sign him, and them dangle brad to minisota for KG? I mean I love brad... and would hate to see him go... But Having Joel would be cool... he is a great Defender. 2 blks and 12 boardss tonight

of course we arnt... but how many 1 player deals will it take to make us championship contenders... welll there is this guy named KG... lol But if thats not the way we want to go, then we need to peice together other deals. Our team as it stands is not a contender... It could be liek a 3-6 seed if we played together all year i do belive... but we not going anywhere without the post D

Here is the deal. Joel CAN'T be signed and traded because Portland doesn't have his bird rights.

So, that means the most Joel can get from any team is the MLE or whatever a team under the cap would offer him.

Teams like Chicago, and others that are under the cap can offer him the most money. Makes it very difficult to bring him here unless he is only offered the MLE and he would want to come here.

Per 48, both Joel and Eddie average over 4 blocks a game and over 12 rebounds a game. uh...those are things we need.

Joel's a bigger body and shoots a decent FG %, but slow
Eddie is quicker and shoots poorly

Either guy would be a great 3rd big man for us, possibly starting. Kenny would be redundant if we got either since he is mainly around for rebounding. Whichever we can get would be an improvement.

In case it wasn't entirely clear, I'm not opposed to picking up Pryz if it didn't require major reshuffling. I don't think he is worth Brad, I'm not sold on giving up Bonzi for him nor do I think the Blazers would take him back and getting them to take on Kenny's deal is a pipe dream. I also don't think a guy who is going to command a better deal is going to come to our team for the MLE when there are teams in as good or better positions that can pay more.

Of course when I heard he was interested in jumping ship on the news last night I thought "wonder if the Kings could get him" and came over here to check out what the buzz was.

As for Kenny I think he'll be here for at least one more season unless we package him with Bonzi or one of our young guys. While it would be nice to get rid of his contract he is at least playing and contributing, something 3 or 4 other guys with contracts that are buried on our bench don't do. We can probably move Corliss at the end of the season or before the deadline since his expiring contract will be worth something to someone.