Mini camp 1

There are a ton of pictures in that gallery for those who are interested. Couple things I noticed.

Hield looks bigger to me. Malachi is getting a lot of talk for bulking up but Hield has put on a lot of muscle as well. Shows how hard these guys are working. If you show up out of shape, you're going to get called out for sure.

Frank Mason doesn't look like he's here to mess around. All I'd need is to look over that gallery to know that I like this guy. Fox, Giles and Jackson are smiling and having a grand old time in a lot of those pictures but Mason means business. Not that there's anything wrong with those guys having fun but I feel like Mason knows he doesn't have the natural size, quickness and talent as some of these guys but he can overcome that by putting in the work. I can easily see him as the locker room leader type that lays into guys for not pulling their weight or taking things too lightly. It's always good to have a mix of personalities like that. Plus I'd really like to know if he smushed Skal on that dunk attempt :D.

It seems like Hield added some muscles , in my opinion too. I hope that won't affect his shoting ability....
I guarantee Hield put up a TON of shots this offseason. As long as you continue shooting while gaining strength then it shouldn't affect your shot.

Well, as long as you shoot first and then lift. Or take a long break after the weight room. Anyone who has lifted and immediately tried to hoop knows how awful that goes.

I think Buddy is good at the size he was in his rookie year. Saw nothing wrong with his frame.. I just hope he doesn't lose any quickness because of this. As it stands, his quickness is already more on the lacking side.

Malachi putting on 20lbs is such a nice feat. He needs to drag Skal and Fox with him to the gym.

Malachi posted this pic on his twitter.
View attachment 6781

He played last season at 200 - 205.
This is an excellent sign that Malichi got the memo that he needs to add strength and weight, because he will be playing more small forward next year. ;)

I think Malichi will be seeing his minutes mostly at the small forward position, with Hield and Bodgan at shooting guard.

Last edited: