Miller to Miami?

OK, I've been a lurker here for months but finally decided to get in on the action.

A couple days ago, I saw that Amare Stoudamire was disgruntled in Phoenix, because he's not "the man" with Nash and Shaq around. While he said he planned on exploring his options for 2010 free agency, knowing the way Petrie has operated in the past, I had a suspicion that he was on the phone that day and trying to work some kind of trade.

Meanwhile in Miami, Udonis Haslem is pretending to be a starting center. Miami needs a big man.

So my co-workers thought I was losing it when I told them on Friday that I predicted Brad Miller and Kenny Thomas were going to be traded to Miami in a 3-way deal that would send Shawn Marion back to the Suns and Amare Stoudamire to the Kings.

Now today, I see that Miami has put Marion on the trading block. Maybe there is something to my madness. Perhaps Amare isn't coming here, but I do think we are going to see Miller moved to Miami.

Last edited:
if that is the case then we might get a steal if we DO GET stoudamire but the problem is where does that leave jason thompson? if we get a back up center where does hawes go? what we need right now is a solid PG in a trade

if that is the case then we might get a steal if we DO GET stoudamire but the problem is where does that leave jason thompson? if we get a back up center where does hawes go? what we need right now is a solid PG in a trade
I haven't really thought this out; I just have a huge hunch that something like it is going to happen, and the news today that Marion was on the block just fueled my fire. Then I checked the "kingstalk" message board and some guy over there has a feeling Amare is going to get traded to the Kings, but can't explain why. Same damn thing. I just have this feeling.

Amare is the star of today. Hawes and Thompson are the stars of tomorrow. Jason can back up Amare and Spencer. The dude is huge, why couldn't he play center?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
First, welcome to the board. Glad to have you finally decide to start posting.

And, as far as first posts go, yours is a pretty good one. I would absolutely LOVE to see Amare Stoudamire in a Kings uniform. It's one of those things that make you sit up and go, "Oooooohh, nice."

Stoudamire would, like Webber, give us that bona fide STAR to build around. And when you have that, other players seem to fall into line to come play.

I like the idea...a lot. Now, if you would, convince Miami and Phoenix to see it your way.

:)

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but there is no way Pheonix trades Amare Stoudamire for Shawn Marion....If that were the case why wouldn't the heat take Amare over Miller and just exclude Sacramento from the trade all together. The only way this could ever be concievable is if the Kings gave up 1 or both of our draft picks and there were a few more players involved from each team. Its just wishful thinking, although I'm sure Geoff inquired about something as you said. And about your statement of Amare being the star of today and Thompson tomorrow...Amare is actually the star of today, and tomorrow, while Thompson only has a "chance" at being the star of tomorrow. Outside of Kings fantasy world Thompson will most likely turn into just a "good" powerforward, but still not close to Amare. O and welcome to the board.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I don't think we could get Amare either.. I also don't see Phx getting Shawn back thats just to weird. Now Miami could use some help and with Marion and Beasley being the same person they need something different that give Wade help. Basically here it is

Brad Miller and John Salmons to Miami for Shawn Marion.

Miami gets scoring from both and a the passing and set ups from Brad to Wade, John and Beasley.

We free up a spot in our frontcourt for JT and SH. We get a viable SF with a huge expiring contract. lineup

Beno/Brown/B-jax
Martin/Garcia/B-jax/Douby
Marion/Garcia/Greene
Thompson/Moore/Williams
Hawes/Moore/Williams

A

AriesMar27

yeah... it would be a dream come true but why would miami or phoenix want to include the kings?

Brad Miller and John Salmons to Miami for Shawn Marion.
Although it does free loads of time for Thompson, that is WAY too much to give up for Marion...we could probably Package Miller along with Shelden Williams and still get Marion. Thats how desperate the Heat are for a Center right now.

this is a very interesting idea, but the fundamental problem is that phoenix doesn't have enough reason to do it- obviously they are more interested in amare than marion. i was toying with some ideas on the trade checker and came up with this:

kevin martin and brad miller

for

amare stoudemire, grant hill, goran dragic and louis amundson (cap filler)

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=4845057

i was trying to figure a way that sac could get a decent pg or sg out of it but didn't come up with much.

phoenix hopes that nash/martin turns into the elite backcourt in the nba, and prays that miller and shaq can help them get past gasol, duncan, et al. the kings suddenly have one of the best frontcourts in the league (amare, hawes, thompson) and if smart would tank the season and get a pg to become a playoff team again:

pick/udrih
salmons/douby
hill/greene
amare/thompson
hawes/mikki

its tough, and a huge gamble for both teams, but intriguing

Funny, on my King's Association, one of the first moves I made (albeit in, 2010) was getting Amare on the Kings to play alongside Martin. I think this could be a real good tandem together. The only problem is trying to get the Suns to take back Marion. Kerr's first big move joining the team was moving the disgruntled Marion for the same reasons Amare is complaining about. Bringing him back on would not only be awkward, but question some of his judgment and also who should have really been moved. If this happens, Petrie = GM of the year.

heres an idea its kind of a long process and i dont know how it will pan out but i think we should....

Trade

Brad miller
john Salmons

to

Cleveland

Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Eric Snow

basically we take a salary dump for us we get eric snows 7 mil contract to expire this coming off season he can train and mentor the kids like bobby brown and udrih in running the point. because i feel bobby j is more of an SG and a locker room presence.. eric snow has the potential to be a future coach :D

this is not going to make us better stat wise.. but it frees up space for the young ones to grow... leaves theus NO other options but to play the youngs

Then...

do a trade with NY

Mikki
Douby

for

Malik Rose

why?

salary dump again we get an expiring 7mil contract from rose... and open up the PT for thompson no excuses again... since NY is playing the lebron james sweepstakes and were gunning for next year the total salary dump we get from the CLE trade and NY trade would be roughly around

26 mil in salary's worth... something we can spend big this coming off season

again these moves are rebuild options for us... we get to shake loose our vets to play the young ones.. its going to be a pain losing some games but its going to be fun to watch the talent grow...

line up after this?

Udrih/Brown/Snow/Jackson
Martin/Garcia/Jackson
Greene/Garcia
Thompson/Rose
Hawes/Ilgauskas

this off season we can play our picks right get a wing player or decent 5 to back hawes
and use the cap on some of these guys

Felton
Marvin Williams
Gerald Green

so we can have a future line up of

Udrih/Felton
Martin/Green/garcia
Greene/Williams
Thompson/pick
Hawes/pick

thats a pretty stable line up at the point IMO and some athletic guys too

Last edited:
heres an idea its kind of a long process and i dont know how it will pan out but i think we should....

Trade

Brad miller
john Salmons

to

Cleveland

Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Eric Snow

basically we take a salary dump for us we get eric snows 7 mil contract to expire this coming off season he can train and mentor the kids like bobby brown and udrih in running the point. because i feel bobby j is more of an SG and a locker room presence.. eric snow has the potential to be a future coach :D

this is not going to make us better stat wise.. but it frees up space for the young ones to grow... leaves theus NO other options but to play the youngs
Umm, if Theus plays Miller over them then there's no doubt in my mind that he'd play Ilgauskas over them too. Plus Ilgauskas contract is the same length as Millers (he has a player option at the end of this year. He'd be stupid not to exercise it) That's an awful deal for us, but hey, at least its something other than a Marion or Tyrus Thomas trade

Last edited:
See it here: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10778
Marion On The Move: The Shawn Marion era for the Miami HEAT may be coming to a close. League sources confided that Miami was indeed looking at opportunities in the trade market and that Shawn Marion was an available chip that the HEAT seemed open to cashing. The belief according to league sources is that Marion is not long term for the HEAT, and given how he is playing, the HEAT expect him to look for a better situation in the off-season. The HEAT still have not found a groove with Marion in the lineup, they are talking to teams according to multiple sources. Sources say the Chicago Bulls, the New York Knicks and the Sacramento Kings have all had some level of discussion with the HEAT. The Knicks were looking to move Eddy Curry as the center piece of a deal that would likely include one of New York's younger players – Miami was said to covet David Lee, while the Knicks seemed less than interested. The Bulls were looking to shed Larry Hughes, as the centerpiece of a deal that apparently did not interest the HEAT at all. Sacramento is rumored to have been approached about the status of Brad Miller, but unless the Kings can rid themselves of some unwanted contracts in the deal they may not have much interest, although League sources said that the Kings would have interest in the cap space that Marion could clear this summer. Marion's contract in the right deal could put the Kings roughly $13 million under the salary cap if structured in the Kings favor. League sources said they expected the number of teams talking with Miami to expand as word of Marion's availability spreads. Marion is in the final year of a deal that pays him roughly $17.4 million.

Miller + ¿? / Shawn Marion

See it here: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10778
Marion On The Move: The Shawn Marion era for the Miami HEAT may be coming to a close. League sources confided that Miami was indeed looking at opportunities in the trade market and that Shawn Marion was an available chip that the HEAT seemed open to cashing. The belief according to league sources is that Marion is not long term for the HEAT, and given how he is playing, the HEAT expect him to look for a better situation in the off-season. The HEAT still have not found a groove with Marion in the lineup, they are talking to teams according to multiple sources. Sources say the Chicago Bulls, the New York Knicks and the Sacramento Kings have all had some level of discussion with the HEAT. The Knicks were looking to move Eddy Curry as the center piece of a deal that would likely include one of New York's younger players – Miami was said to covet David Lee, while the Knicks seemed less than interested. The Bulls were looking to shed Larry Hughes, as the centerpiece of a deal that apparently did not interest the HEAT at all. Sacramento is rumored to have been approached about the status of Brad Miller, but unless the Kings can rid themselves of some unwanted contracts in the deal they may not have much interest, although League sources said that the Kings would have interest in the cap space that Marion could clear this summer. Marion's contract in the right deal could put the Kings roughly $13 million under the salary cap if structured in the Kings favor. League sources said they expected the number of teams talking with Miami to expand as word of Marion's availability spreads. Marion is in the final year of a deal that pays him roughly $17.4 million.

Miller + ¿? / Shawn Marion

I can see something like this happening. I think the chances that Miller is still here after the trading deadline is slim to none.

I think we really need to hit free agency this summer, 2010 is too crowded to get a star player to come to sacramento..

however, the FA list for this summer isnt to pretty IMO ..

the link is this http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9608

only names I like are:

Boozer - they say miami likes him, but they have beasley who reminds me of boozer .. This would be a huge move.

Hedo - I wouldnt mind him reuniting with the kings .. and I think the kings would like that aswell, my only problem is I think we already have a second tier player in martin .. we need a STAR and if we are going to break the bank this summer, it has to be on a bonafide star.

Bynum - never going to happen, but its a nice thought

here are some other names that interest me but not as much :

Kidd - He is still a great player and one who doesnt score, which is what we kind of need. This team needs a PG who is a creator and not a scorer.. kidd's experience could really improve our young players and if hawes and thompson develope, we could have a playoff team with Jkidd

andre miller is also a good point guard, Rip is also in this FA class.

I think we really need to hit free agency this summer, 2010 is too crowded to get a star player to come to sacramento..

however, the FA list for this summer isnt to pretty IMO ..

the link is this http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9608

only names I like are:

Boozer - they say miami likes him, but they have beasley who reminds me of boozer .. This would be a huge move.

Hedo - I wouldnt mind him reuniting with the kings .. and I think the kings would like that aswell, my only problem is I think we already have a second tier player in martin .. we need a STAR and if we are going to break the bank this summer, it has to be on a bonafide star.

Bynum - never going to happen, but its a nice thought

here are some other names that interest me but not as much :

Kidd - He is still a great player and one who doesnt score, which is what we kind of need. This team needs a PG who is a creator and not a scorer.. kidd's experience could really improve our young players and if hawes and thompson develope, we could have a playoff team with Jkidd

andre miller is also a good point guard, Rip is also in this FA class.
I'm with you, I think we should go this route as well. I think it'd be a hell of an offseason if we got a top pick and signed a nice piece out of that free agent crop. (Granger would be nice but that won't happen)

I'm with you, I think we should go this route as well. I think it'd be a hell of an offseason if we got a top pick and signed a nice piece out of that free agent crop. (Granger would be nice but that won't happen)
I also think that 2010 summer will be full. Our summer is 2009. the best options for me:

Level 1: Boozer.
Level 2: Iverson, Bibby, Wallace, Crawford, Okur, Turkoglu, Artest, Felton or David Lee.
Level 3: Ariza, Varejao.

One question: If we don't get Boozer, I would spend the money in some good player like Felton, Okur or Ariza.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
If we move Miller and don't get a center in return, such as a deal for Marion, then I wouldn't mind picking up Jeff Foster as a backup center. I also like Harrington. Not sure why he fell out of favor in Golden State, but nothing is surprising with Nellie. Its always the flavor of the month with him.

I also think that 2010 summer will be full. Our summer is 2009. the best options for me:

Level 2: Iverson, Bibby, Wallace, Crawford, Okur, Turkoglu, Artest, Felton or David Lee.

One question: If we don't get Boozer, I would spend the money in some good player like Felton, Okur or Ariza.
Does no one else care abuot that Boozer/Cleveland fiasco? I definitely don't watn a guy of his character in Sac. If he does come to leave the Jazz, it would be him first telling the Cavs to let him out of his contract early to resign a new contract, then jetting off to the Jazz for a bigger payday, and then leaving Deron, AK, and Memo for the Kings.

He's a good player, but how about some class?

Is this thread a joke? 10 serious replies to a thread predicting Amare for Miller and Thomas?

I don't think we could get Amare for Miller and Thomas, but I do think sending Martin along with some combo of Brad/Salmons/Udrih/other might get it done. Lopez I think is the hustle/defense/rebound guy in Phoenix now, Shaq and Brad playing alongside him could produce well, Martin could provide the scoring punch they've been lacking since Marion and D'Antoni left, Nash will still be around to hold things together, and Salmons I feel would be a good fit with that team.

Marion
Blount
pick

for

Miller
Thomas
S Williams

Not a fan of Blount either but probably no other way to get rid of Thomas as this point. He's big, would not take time away from Hawes, insurance for injuries after trading 3 PF/C, and expires in 2010.

We create 12.2M of space for 09.

Marion
Blount
pick

for

Miller
Thomas
S Williams

Not a fan of Blount either but probably no other way to get rid of Thomas as this point. He's big, would not take time away from Hawes, insurance for injuries after trading 3 PF/C, and expires in 2010.

This actually isn't too bad IMO. I don't think the Heat need to give up a pick though

Marion
Blount
pick

for

Miller
Thomas
S Williams

The most realistic trade on this thread by far.

The sad part is that it still is not that realistic :(

Forget Thomas and Blount, and keep it simple. Miller+filler of Miami's choosing (Douby, Williams, Moore, etc) for Marion. Marion has no future here, but at least he's expiring, and clears the way for Spencer to start. That is, assuming Reggie wouldn't start Mikki... :mad:

Boozer is already on the downside of his career. He's not worth a max contract anyways. And he gets hurt alot.

Hedo is worth up to 9-10 and Lee wants 10-11. Neither are the "superstar" but are good role players. The rest are too old or not worth more than the MLE.

Ariza is nice and Petrie made a play for him a few off seasons ago, but again they are MLE players at this point.

So really the 2009 FA is crap. Better off trading for a player that expires in 2010 and taking a chance to resign them or sign and trade.

Haha, Carmichael Dave is talking to Grant and just mentioned an idea about Amare coming to Sacramento in a trade.

Last edited: