Mike Bibby interview

From Grant and Mike Lam's show today. This was actually one of the best Bibby interviews that I've heard--ever!

---------------------
Grant: Give me your take of the first two games, give me some positives and things you're not happy with

Mike: I think on both ends of the court sometimes we've been having lapses. The other team has been capitalizing on them. Like last night we were in the game down 8 pts or whatever, we had some defensive lapses and then they're up 15. Just little lapses, they can be taken care of, its just we just got to want to go out there and take care of them.

Lam: When you say they can be taken care of, give me a time frame. How long does it take-

Mike: Its just, you got to want to go out there and do it. Sometimes on a play you might not be thinking--its little stuff I think.

Lam: Mike, do you think that's part of your role on this team, when you do see those lapses...is it your role to say that to guys you perceive not doing that even if that includes yourself?

Mike: Yeah, I mean I sit out there, I try to see if I see something happening with if its me or someone else, yeah I try to do--our team---we know each other well enough that we're able to talk to each other without getting mad. Some people might not be able to take the criticism or whatever-you got to be here. Some guys on other teams might not like that, might try to start an argument with you, but on our team we listen to each other, try to get our team better.

Grant: One thing I was encouraged with was how well your team played with Doug Christie on the floor...I'm sure that's a bit of a comfort factor with you....he looked very good last night

Mike: The whole team does I think. Doug's coming in and playing a little bit of min. and he's helping us, he's contributing what I think he needs to do. Everybody got to remember now, this is one hardest road trips to go on...

Grant: That's right

Mike: Its everybody's opening night so, its the kind of adrenaline thing too. Very rarely, I don't think since I've been here, we've lost 3 in a row..

Grant: Only once Mike...only one time in the last 3 seasons...

Mike: Coming up I think the game Saturday I think we are going to take care of what need to take care of.

Lam: I want to talk about the team this year opposed to the team last year, what's different, what's better, what's worse in your mind? Vlade's gone obviously, we know that, it changes what you guys have to do. How have you had to adapt your game?

Mike: Our core group is almost the same, we got a lot of younger guys than we've had in the past. Some guys are still learning stuff. But I think we're going to be all right. I really don't want to sit there and criticize and [say] its worse because of this [or that]. Every situation I've been in here, no matter what we've had, what we've played with, we work it out. So, I think we're going to work it out.

Grant: I think that's well said there Mike. We're not sitting here making excuses because you lost to two very good teams....if we're sitting here 4 weeks from now and having the same conversation, then I'll be real worried. But its way too early in the season, losing two games for fans to start hitting the panic button

Mike: Yeah, no not yet. There's 82 games in the season. Like I said we always play good. It just can't happen that quickly that over one summer we are going to get bad, so I'm not worried at all.

Lam: I was surprised by the way that Matt Barnes played...did you think that he could do that watching him in camp?

Mike: I knew he ----he played a hell of a game that day. He was rebounding, scoring, hitting shots. You expect that from this team--the offense is so wide open, anybody can do that on any given night

Grant: Lets talk about Saturday...you guys take a lot of pride in not having long losing streaks...this is a big early game for you guys isn't it?

Mike: I think it is. I think the team-for me knowing every body I think we're going to respond. Everybody's been hanging out a lot on the road, going to eat together. We got the gel together, we just got to get it out on the court and get everything right.

Lam: So you guys are hitting Red Lobster together?

Mike: We're at [the] Cheesecake factory right now*

Lam: You know I''m always worried about your dieting habits Mike

Mike: I'm good...I think I'm good

------------------

*Grant said that before leaving for the radio station he saw Mike, Bobby and at least 4 other guys leaving together

Last edited:
Good interview, he shows his confidence, and im glad the team is hanging out, makes me feel better of the team chemistry "problem" people said they had.

thats for posting that riena. i was going to listen to grants show today but i had to run some errands.

nice to hear taht out of bibby. he's right, the kings haven't lost 3 in a row many times since he became a king. hopefully that trend continues this weekend.

mmm cheesecake :D

BigSong said:
thats about the only thing good there.
for real

the few times I've been there i've waited 2-4 hours then I end up paying 20-40$ for something that either over or under cooked

save your $ and go to a buffet

thanks for the transcript reina! :D

very nice to hear about them hanging out.. and mike's always confident.. it's just good to hear those things from him.. :)

^^ i took it as "we always play good every year, so we can't be a bad team (just like that) over the summer"

Mad D said:
the few times I've been there i've waited 2-4 hours then I end up paying 20-40$ for something that either over or under cooked
Me too.

Thanks for the transcript!! Great interview! :)

No B. Miller Transcript?;)

Brad was on with Grant and Lamm yesterday. Said Tag got a buck Thursday and Brad got a doe Friday on Bobby Knights Ranch. I missed most of the rest of it...lol I came here to see if it was here:p

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
One of the better and to-the-point interviews I've seen from a King in a long while. I think Bibby and the core guys are just now finishing training camp, kinda like their 5th preseason game after China. That China trip took more out of them, and the Rockets, then anyone imagined. And I think Bibby sees what is going on and acknowledges it is taking a bit longer to get together. Look for a barn burner tonight.

slugking50 said:
No B. Miller Transcript?;)

Brad was on with Grant and Lamm yesterday. Said Tag got a buck Thursday and Brad got a doe Friday on Bobby Knights Ranch. I missed most of the rest of it...lol I came here to see if it was here:p
Patience grass--err, slug, patience...:)