McNeal: Chemistry woes? Miller swears its not an issue

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/11162514p-12078606c.html

Chemistry woes? Miller swears it's not an issue

The Kings center doesn't have much to say, and neither does Chris Webber.

By Martin McNeal -- Bee Staff Writer

Published 2:15 am PDT Thursday, October 21, 2004I

One of the key topics entering the Kings' preseason was whether the team's chemistry - often cited as a positive force during its recent climb to the upper echelon of the Western Conference - would sour.Chris Webber's offseason comments were perceived by some as criticisms of teammates, particularly Peja Stojakovic and Brad Miller.

Stojakovic's decision to go public with a trade request shortly thereafter added to the speculation. The All-Star small forward, though, repeatedly has said he and Webber have no problems.Now, Miller has weighed in.

He was asked Tuesday in Fresno, where the Kings played the Lakers in an exhibition, about the perception of tension between him and Webber.

Shaking his head, Miller was succinct.

"All I want to say is (expletive) that," he said. "(Expletive) them. (Expletive) everybody. That's (expletive)."

Webber also had little to say on the subject.

"I don't even want to get into that," he said, "but you can quote me on this. Believe half of what you read and none of what you hear."

On a different note, Kings free-agent point guard Tony Bland did not play in the team's first three exhibitions. He finally got his chance Tuesday against the team he loved growing up in Southern California.

"I got on the court, and I guess there were some mixed emotions," Bland said. "But I'm with the Kings, and I'd run through a wall for the Kings."

Bland said there was no anxiety playing the Lakers.

"I'm going against Bobby Jackson and Mike Bibby every day, so I've got to be ready for it no matter who I step on the court against."

Kings coach Rick Adelman gave his team Wednesday off to rest before practice today, followed by games Friday at the Utah Jazz and Saturday at Arco Arena against the New Orleans Hornets. Adelman says he'll make the first round of cuts after today's practice.

Including Doug Christie and Greg Ostertag, who are injured, Adelman has 20 players in camp. The coach said he has free agents who have impressed enough to merit further consideration. Usually, coaches don't spend much time on first cuts, especially with this many players in camp.

"There are five or six guys on whom we'll have to make some tough decisions," Adelman said. "We're going to have to find out how many players we're allowed to keep."

NBA teams have 12 players on their active rosters and may keep as many as three players on the injured list. In the past, the Kings have had three players on the injured list. Last season, however, in a cost-cutting measure, the team attempted to pare their roster as tightly as possible.

The Kings have been well above the luxury-tax level the past two seasons and were forced to pay about $20 million total.

Adelman also said he will begin to give his core players more court time in the final four preseason games as they prepare for the regular-season opener Nov. 2 at Dallas against the Mavericks.

"I have to start getting our main guys more time," the coach said. "I want to give them more extended minutes; get them around 30 to 36 minutes, where they get about 18 minutes a half. I want to give them an opportunity to play together more."

you think so, ILV?

Well, <expletive> you!!!!

You <expletive> <expletive> <expletive>
in a <expletive>ing <expletive> smells like <expletive>!!!!

mcsluggo said:
you think so, ILV?

Well, <expletive> you!!!!

You <expletive> <expletive> <expletive>
in a <expletive>ing <expletive> smells like <expletive>!!!!
Okay okay that is too much of a good thing!

piksi

Hall of Famer
If one takes out <expletive> from Brad's interwiev - there would not be much left which means that they would be as understandable and as valuable as the comentary from Walton, Kerr, Barkley etc.

piksi said:
If one takes out <expletive> from Brad's interwiev - there would not be much left which means that they would be as understandable and as valuable as the comentary from Walton, Kerr, Barkley etc.[/QUOTE
]

He got his point across very well.

Thats a great *&#@*! answer from Brad Miller. If someone asked me that &^#@, I would of told em to go *#$& themselves too. Obviously there isnt a problem, much to Voison's dismay as she has now lost 95% of her material.

Not too surprising. If you were Brad Miller and you were on the Kings and pretty much everyone on the team was your friend and a bunch of know-it-all outsiders (the media) kept prodding you and trying to drive a wedge between you and your friends, you'd get ticked off too. I don't think Brad is the only guy who feels this way. I think that if this "chemistry issues" stuff stays in the paper all season, it'll only bring the Kings closer together.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Kev.in said:
Not too surprising. If you were Brad Miller and you were on the Kings and pretty much everyone on the team was your friend and a bunch of know-it-all outsiders (the media) kept prodding you and trying to drive a wedge between you and your friends, you'd get ticked off too. I don't think Brad is the only guy who feels this way. I think that if this "chemistry issues" stuff stays in the paper all season, it'll only bring the Kings closer together.
You are probaly right, but Bad is the guy to say it in style. I just cant picture Bibby or Pedja telling the Media in quite the same fasion that the team is fine. And afgain I have to remember that the three quarters of a ball game that Webber, Pedja and Miller sat on the bench next to eachother cracking jokes and cutting up was just a publicty stunt.

Last edited:

50pts

maybe "All I want to say is (expletive) that," he said. "(Expletive) them. (Expletive) everybody. That's (expletive)" means that he is sick of the whole team.

what if
expletive wern't really expletive ....

"All I want to say is (true) that," he said. "(i hate) them. (i hate) everybody. That's (how i feel)"

this could mean that he is sick of the whole team!
a very angry young man indeed.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
50pts said:
maybe "All I want to say is (expletive) that," he said. "(Expletive) them. (Expletive) everybody. That's (expletive)" means that he is sick of the whole team.

what if

"All I want to say is (true) that," he said. "(i hate) them. (i hate) everybody. That's (how i feel)"

Yes that's probably it. :rolleyes:

50pts said:

what if

We have a Voision prodigy here ;)!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
50pts said:

what if

What the (Expletive)! Get me a (Expletive)'n break. Could you please dig even further for angst!!! :rolleyes:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Don't underestimate Ailene. Here's my prediction:

"In an alarming sign of mounting locker room pressures, Brad Miller launched into a profanity laced tirade on Wednesday when asked about Chris Webber..."

:D

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Shaking his head, Miller was succinct.

"All I want to say is (expletive) that," he said. "(Expletive) them. (Expletive) everybody. That's (expletive)."
Someone above asked why Miller could swear and we on the board can't. Well, let's put it this way...

If anyone posting here is, in actuality a contracted member of the Sacramento Kings, I give my word they can say any (expletive) thing they (expletive) want to, any (expetive) time they want to, to any (expletive) person they want to! All I want is two (expletive) tickets right behind the bench!!!

50pts - You have a very interesting way of looking at things. OMG! I just thought of something...

Ailene? Is that you???

;)

It's a shame you can't see the games OR the local news coverage OR talk to people who work at Arco, etc. If you could, you'd realize that Brad Miller doesn't pull punches. He says what he thinks AND he is VERY GLAD to be a member of the Sacramento Kings.

One example: Brad, Chris and Pedja on the sidelights during the Laker game, obviously having a lot of fun. It wasn't forced. The only thing that HAS been forced about this whole chemistry thing is the refusal of one or two die-hard media types to let go of their pet little theory. Action definitely speaks louder than words, and the actions of the team are as loud as ARCO when the flames are shooting out the top of the Jumbo-tron. The pitiful little whimperings of dissent and dischord are being exposed for just what they truly are: attempts to make very big mountains out of very little molehills.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
http://www.nba.com/kings/news/The_Kings_in_China_Diary-120111-58.html

The certain members of the media that believe that Brad Miller and Chris Webber have some animosity towards each other should have been front and center during our tour, because these two had the times of their lives goofing off and being tourists.

Whether it was jumping on the back of a camel, bartering will merchants around the wall, or posing for pictures with Mongolian warriors, the two put on a show that should have them thinking about starting their own TV or radio show after their careers end.

NBA Entertainment was there, so hopefully people will get to see it eventually, but it showed how close the two have actually become, contrary to what some want to speculate.