Marvin Bagley's Passing ABILITY

Well said and you make some valid points but I assure you I'm not basing my own thoughts on Luka on emotions. I never base sports, business, or many decisions in general on emotion. In general data, statistics, and following trends within those will lead you to better results.

I do think myself and others base our like of Luka Doncic on his game and specifically the intangibles and rare traits that you quite frankly just don't see in many players. His accolades are very much a byproduct of these traits. You talk about Luka like he's all flash, looks, and smile and then talk about winning games? What do you think he's been doing? All he has been doing is winning and winning everything there is to win!

Quite simply the way he plays is why he's winning games and that's also why people are paying attention. That "infectious style" also just happens to be a winning style. Now in today's NBA that is true more than ever. It's a free-flowing game where pushing the offense, making the extra pass, and running the pick-n-roll to collapse the defense and free up shooters is the key to success. This isn't 1997 anymore.

Players with tremendous vision, passing ability, and basketball IQ are generally winning players because they make their teammates better. Granted you need to have a combination of traits and athletic abilities to succeed in the NBA but to me basketball IQ and making your teammates better are the two most important traits a player can have. Luka will make his teammates better, Bagley really won't other than maybe whatever guard is feeding him the ball. I like Bagley too and think he will be a solid maybe even really good player but I just don't see anything obviously special about him. The lack of defense at Duke is a major concern.

Since you mentioned it, yes Luka is a good looking dude with a great smile but honestly I've been looking at his mom. She is stunning.
Magnificent Marvin can make his teammates better by the attention he draws. He is going to command attention in transition as fastest big on the floor, out of the pick and roll through versatility to drop or pop or slip, and on offensive glass through swim moves tips and second and third jumps. If he is ignored or disrespected he will make the opponent pay. He has cat-like reflex, steel trap hands and Fred Astaire footwork. There is also indication he will make the smart pass to set up his teammates. He's not the passer that Luka Too Tired For Summer League Doncic, but he is capable of simple reads and delivering the ball on the money.

Note: I disagree with some of the criticisms at the end of this video suggesting the pass should be made. Often he has an advantage on the interior that he chooses to try to exploit. That's not selfish, or tunnel vision, that's smart basketball.

Last edited:

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Magnificent Marvin can make his teammates better by the attention he draws. He is going to command attention in transition as fastest big on the floor, out of the pick and roll through versatility to drop or pop or slip, and on offensive glass through swim moves tips and second and third jumps. If he is ignored or disrespected he will make the opponent pay. He has cat-like reflex, steel trap hands and Fred Astaire footwork. There is also indication he will make the smart pass to set up his teammates. He's not the passer that Luka Too Tired For Summer League Doncic, but he is capable of simple reads and delivering the ball on the money.

Note: I disagree with some of the criticisms at the end of this video suggesting the pass should be made. Often he has an advantage on the interior that he chooses to try to exploit. That's not selfish, or tunnel vision, that's smart basketball.

Bagley has shown flashes of literally everything a basketball player can do on both ends at one point or another.