Martha Stewart elects to go to prison.

She wants to do her 5 months asap instead of living with the threat of it hanging over her head for a year while her lawyers appeal. And the real Wall St. crooks walk free...

Gargamel said:
She wants to do her 5 months asap instead of living with the threat of it hanging over her head for a year while her lawyers appeal. And the real Wall St. crooks walk free...
Martha evidently wants to be able to get out of jail in time to plant her garden in the spring.:confused:

slugking50 said:
Martha evidently wants to be able to get out of jail in time to plant her garden in the spring.:confused:
Yes, best to start your arugula after the frost is gone. I actually feel sorry for Martha. Yeah, she did a no-no, but she didn't break Fort Knox and you have scums like Ken Lay walking around scot free while they should be rotting in prison. Martha's tough though. She'll survive.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think this is a very wise decision.

I, too, think justice wasn't exactly served by giving her jail time. I would have preferred community service, charitable stuff, etc.

I also find it very ironic that the very product that the FDA said wasn't effective, which caused this whole mess in the first place, has now been approved for marketing. I don't remember the particulars of the drug, but if the FDA hadn't put out a faulty report to begin with, none of this would have happened.

Oh she can do 5 months in that country club standing on her head. I don't know what the hold up was for, go ahead and get it over with. She can protect her self, she's not a punk. That woman can make a shank like no other convict has done before, she's so creative she can probably make a gun. So i don't think she has to worry about the other ladies messing with her while she's there.