Malachi Richardson traded for Bruno Coboclo

So I'm pretty sure we just dumped a guy on his rookie contract to free up a roster spot.

Coboclo I feel is getting waived (can't buyout Johnson just to make room, though I feel Johnson will get bought out as well).

Bruno supposedly spoke no English and came to Toronto from Brazil. They didn't have much of a development league at the time so he sat there wasting time.

Is supposed to be extremely athletic at a 6'9 SF

Trade saves Toronto a tad of cash to maybe do something else on a minimum contract.

Bruno supposedly spoke no English and came to Toronto from Brazil. They didn't have much of a development league at the time so he sat there wasting time.

Is supposed to be extremely athletic at a 6'9 SF

Trade saves Toronto a tad of cash to maybe do something else on a minimum contract.
He was a horrible draft pick. The Raptors have him in on their GLeague team. He's such a raw project. If he weren't drafted in the 1st round, he probably wouldn't have made the team in his 1st year...

So I'm pretty sure we just dumped a guy on his rookie contract to free up a roster spot.

Coboclo I feel is getting waived (can't buyout Johnson just to make room, though I feel Johnson will get bought out as well).
Malachi makes more money I believe, so I doubt they'd trade him in order to get someone back they would waive that would cost more money.

The guy has a 7'7" wingspan, which is highly unusual for a guy who is 6'8". Also, despite being in his 4th season, he is only 22 years old (or one year older than Malachi). The way I see it, with Bogie, Buddy, Fox, and Mason at the guard spots, and with only JJ as a real future piece at the 3, I would rather have a raw, 22 year old with huge wingspan and athleticism who plays small forward, rather than a raw, 21 year old scorer who plays shooting guard.

It is a gamble, but if the cost is losing our third best SG prospect to get another SF prospect, I am okay with it.

EDIT- nevermind. Just read we are waiving him. I could have gotten behind bringing him in as a prospect.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Joe Johnson and Iman Shumpert?

Even more ****ing irritating.
Just think 2nd rounder in 2020, some cash and 9 mill in cap space. Feel any better? Shump can probably be delt down the road and JJ is an ender. Besides think of the joy of watching Johnson and Carter on the bench whittling and chatting about the good ol' days.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Just think 2nd rounder in 2020, some cash and 9 mill in cap space. Feel any better? Shump can probably be delt down the road and JJ is an ender. Besides think of the joy of watching Johnson and Carter on the bench whittling and chatting about the good ol' days.

Are you kidding? Get ready for an explosive lineup of Iman, Temple, Carter, JJ, and KK. Watch out NBA!

Vlade is not the worst GM in the league. He's the worst GM in league history. You dump the biggest free agent signing in franchise history for nothing! @saucecastillo

Vlade is not the worst GM in the league. He's the worst GM in league history. You dump the biggest free agent signing in franchise history for nothing! @saucecastillo
Let's be real George Hill the name is better than George Hill the player in Sacramento. I could easily argue that De'Aaron fox has already replaced him. With that said, it still doesn't change the truth that George Hill could look at an All-Star in Cleveland

Regardless of our buyout of Johnson, we needed to clear a roster spot to make the Cle/Utah deal. Cutting Caboclo was the cheaper version of cutting Malachi, because he is expiring and Malachi has another guaranteed year.
Then Vlade should had just cut VC and allowed him to latch on to a contender.

Dumping a young player when we are in a rebuild, to open a roster spot to dump a player you just signed, is just plain stupid!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Then Vlade should had just cut VC and allowed him to latch on to a contender.

Dumping a young player when we are in a rebuild, to open a roster spot to dump a player you just signed, is just plain stupid!
Not all young players are created equal. By all accounts Vince and Temple are a vital vet presence, so if Vade and Dave want them around I am good with that.

The guy has a 7'7" wingspan, which is highly unusual for a guy who is 6'8". Also, despite being in his 4th season, he is only 22 years old (or one year older than Malachi). The way I see it, with Bogie, Buddy, Fox, and Mason at the guard spots, and with only JJ as a real future piece at the 3, I would rather have a raw, 22 year old with huge wingspan and athleticism who plays small forward, rather than a raw, 21 year old scorer who plays shooting guard.

It is a gamble, but if the cost is losing our third best SG prospect to get another SF prospect, I am okay with it.

EDIT- nevermind. Just read we are waiving him. I could have gotten behind bringing him in as a prospect.
My feelings too. I think I would had been less peeved if we just kept this guy from Toronto, to see if we had anything.

He has a huge wingspan and is a full sized small forward, but we dumped him before we could even get a look.

I know the Kings needed to create a roster spot to dump Hill, but the Kings could had done that by just waiving Malichi or a vet.

The last time I checked, the Maloofs were not the owners of the Kings anymore, but it looks like we are pinching pennies like the good old days.