Lets get Monk.

Yeah, I've been beating this drum too. Everything just lines up: age curve, skill-set, great advanced offensive numbers and the Lakers have no chance of retaining him. I think he slots perfectly with Davion/Holiday/DDV as the complimentary role player perimeter players. He's bad on defense, but the Kings need another shooter/scorer that offers secondary ball-handling/playmaking.

Fox || Mitchell
DDV || Monk
FRP? Holmes asset? || Holiday
Barnes || Lyles?
Sabonis || Jones || Len

Basically add the FRP, Monk and whatever you get in the Holmes trade to the core. Potentially if the money can work to bring back Lamb as well.

Yeah, I've been beating this drum too. Everything just lines up: age curve, skill-set, great advanced offensive numbers and the Lakers have no chance of retaining him. I think he slots perfectly with Davion/Holiday/DDV as the complimentary role player perimeter players. He's bad on defense, but the Kings need another shooter/scorer that offers secondary ball-handling/playmaking.

Fox || Mitchell
DDV || Monk
FRP? Holmes asset? || Holiday
Barnes || Lyles?
Sabonis || Jones || Len

Basically add the FRP, Monk and whatever you get in the Holmes trade to the core. Potentially if the money can work to bring back Lamb as well.
Where does TD fit in?

I assume the Lakers will try to sign him to the midlevel exception with a player option for the second year. If they do that, they can then offer him a bigger deal using early bird rights the following year, if I have my info correct. I almost think you would have to offer him a shot to start in order to pry him from LA. Not sure he wants to leave Bron for the same role with the Kings. He is an intriguing option though.

I assume the Lakers will try to sign him to the midlevel exception with a player option for the second year. If they do that, they can then offer him a bigger deal using early bird rights the following year, if I have my info correct. I almost think you would have to offer him a shot to start in order to pry him from LA. Not sure he wants to leave Bron for the same role with the Kings. He is an intriguing option though.
I could be very wrong, but the Lakers will only have the cheap MLE (like 6 mil or something) since they're a tax-payer team. If they keep Reaves and Stan Johnson (which, I assume they would since they need free cheap depth at literally every position) and Nunn takes his player options (which again, I think he will since he was just hurt all year), they're already at 148 mil with 7 contracts.

Monk is going to have suitors this off-season. Only 24, UFA, and has had 2 fairly decent seasons. Especially for a guy who hasn't made his money yet, I don't think he'll give the Lakers another sweet-heart deal and turn down a good money/longer term contract. He already did that for them this year.

Last edited: