Lebron James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Watching LeBron James reminds me of a catchphrase that professional wrestler Wyndham Rotunda (a.k.a. Bray Wyatt, p.k.a. Husky Harris) once tried and failed to get over to describe himself: he's like a Sherman tank, with a Ferrari engine.

I think he's the GOAT. I don't think there will be another Lebron. 6'8 230+lb truck with truly amazing athleticism. Great quickness, great first step, great explosion, great vertical, great lateral..just great everything from a physical standpoint.

Then you add in the legitimate point-guard handles. The point-guard vision...all at 6'8. He's a great and efficient scorer. He takes over almost every game. His motor and effort has been non-stop throughout his entire 14years. He brings 100% every night. It doesn't matter if it's against the Warriors or the Suns. Some people call him a whiner, but he's hardly ever let his emotions get the best of him.

The way he dominated the game and continues to, it feels surreal.

Not related to his talents, but he's always carried himself as a professional since 18yearsold. His maturity and the way he carries himself is high class. Not to mention, I think he's probably the best current NBA player in front of a camera. He has a great media presence.

If he doesn't go down as #1(I think he should), he's automatically #2.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
yeah, I got one question. Does he have to duplicate those Indiana performances again to get past Toronto? If so...I don't see it happening.

Any questions?

I mean, seriously. Is he the GOAT? Is there anybody else even close?
I know LeBron played with DWade and Chris Bosh for 4 seasons and an up and coming Kyrie more recently, but, aside from that, has anybody done more with less? His first 7 seasons in the league, he never had all that much to work with.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Err.. can we trade Cousins for him now? Or is he still past his prime
Okay, just for discussion's sake, let's pretend we still have Cousins and we do that trade.

Picture this: Lebron signs his contract with the Kings, walks out of wherever the signing takes place, and strolls nonchalantly towards his waiting vehicle. In doing so, his path takes him along a sidewalk where above him a wonderfully fabulous banner announcing his arrival in our fair city waves in the morning breeze. As he walks by, waving to the horde of cheering fans, a strong gust of wind comes up. It catches the banner, which whips away from the workers, and blows in LBJ's direction. It startles him, and he steps aside to avoid being hit - right into the path of an oncoming truck.

That, my friend, is why we don't trade for LBJ. It would inevitably mean his doom. That's just how luck rolls for the Sacramento Kings.

LBJ to Jordan for 1# OR#2 is so hard with there being an apples and oranges type thing. They are just too different. Then you add in how the game is different and the problem is unsolvable. The same issue arises if Kareem or Chamberlain or even Shaq gets added to the question of who is the best.
Its a bit of a cop out, but id say it makes more since also to say that each of these guys are the best of their generation.

This is also why i hate Durants decision to join the Warriors as it takes away IMO how great Curry or Durant can be considered in the all time ranks. We just dont know how they stack up because they both over shadow each other

Okay, just for discussion's sake, let's pretend we still have Cousins and we do that trade.

Picture this: Lebron signs his contract with the Kings, walks out of wherever the signing takes place, and strolls nonchalantly towards his waiting vehicle. In doing so, his path takes him along a sidewalk where above him a wonderfully fabulous banner announcing his arrival in our fair city waves in the morning breeze. As he walks by, waving to the horde of cheering fans, a strong gust of wind comes up. It catches the banner, which whips away from the workers, and blows in LBJ's direction. It startles him, and he steps aside to avoid being hit - right into the path of an oncoming truck.

That, my friend, is why we don't trade for LBJ. It would inevitably mean his doom. That's just how luck rolls for the Sacramento Kings.
I think Lebron should do a grand tour of all of the worst franchises in the twilight of his career. Sign with Sacramento, Phoenix, Orlando etc on 1 year contracts just to show how he can carry any team to the playoffs.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Sure, but can you imagine being a fan of the first team that LeBron couldn't get out of the first round?
Considering the utter trash heap of a roster LeBron has been stuck with this season (Kyle Korver has been their second best player during the playoffs), this may actually be impossible.

I think there's almost no chance that LeBron stays in Cleveland. So to me the interesting question is whether he goes to L.A. because that's where he wants to be for lots of reasons outside of basketball or if he goes full mercenary and signs with the Rockets or Spurs and continues trying to beat the Warriors.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think there's almost no chance that LeBron stays in Cleveland. So to me the interesting question is whether he goes to L.A. because that's where he wants to be for lots of reasons outside of basketball or if he goes full mercenary and signs with the Rockets or Spurs and continues trying to beat the Warriors.
This is so tough for me. I do not like Texas teams but if LBJ is on one of them and they manage to knock the stupid GSW off their high horses, I might have to sneak a ride on the bandwagon for the playoffs. ;)

This is so tough for me. I do not like Texas teams but if LBJ is on one of them and they manage to knock the stupid GSW off their high horses, I might have to sneak a ride on the bandwagon for the playoffs. ;)
This is the first summer where I'm actually really interested to see where LeBron ends up. Partly because I think it will show a lot about his mindset as he enters the end stages of his career. I don't think Philadelphia is a good spot for him despite all the talk about him joining the Sixers. High usage guys like Embiid and Simmons aren't a good fit with him, especially Simmons because of his inability to shoot from outside at all. The Lakers have enough outside shooting that it would be a good fit, I'm just not sure they are in a position to win at this point. LeBron has elevated worse supporting casts though.

The Rockets definitely are but they'd need to shed some serious salary to get James and have a chance of keeping CP3 and Capela.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Don't tell me that some small part of you isn't interested in what a coach like Pop could do with the greatest athlete in the universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.