1. Eddy Curry (Chicago Bulls)
16 48 5.40
2. Steve Francis (Orlando Magic)
19 80 5.37
3. Richard Jefferson (New Jersey Nets)
20 91 5.31
4. Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers)
19 88 5.16

I am sure it is all someone else's fault........................

Maybe they "misunderstood" the play??

Hey if Phil, ShaQ, GP, Fish and now even Malone can misunderstand him why not the rest of the team....

That'll happen when a SG is acting as a de facto PG. You're smarter than this, shacko.

Don't misunderstand that he's averaging 7 assists a game.

KP said:
I've gotta say I love your never waivering support, I admire that!
In light of the fact that he's never shot this poorly with or without Shaq, it's the most likely explanation. He's skipping practices left and right because of it.

Wasn't this trend predicted?? by..Everyone!!!!!!

Gargamel said:
In light of the fact that he's never shot this poorly with or without Shaq, it's the most likely explanation. He's skipping practices left and right because of it.
When did he ever shoot a real volume of shots before Shaq played with him. This is what everyone said would happen... He has to create more shot opps for himself with no inside presence, and since he doesn't care if he misses his shooting % is way down. Thats the real explanation. I saw that up and under baseline dunk last night! Don't talk to me about lack of lift on his jump shot do to injury! pleeeeaaaase!

Gargamel said:
No, the most likely explanation is that he doesn't have an oversized tub of lard in the middle clearing up shots for him, and he's trying to do to much on his own, thus the pathetic shooting and turnover numbers. He really isn't giving himself 110%, he should watch out before he asks himself for a trade.

JayBird said:
No, the most likely explanation is that he doesn't have an oversized tub of lard in the middle clearing up shots for him, and he's trying to do to much on his own, thus the pathetic shooting and turnover numbers. He really isn't giving himself 110%, he should watch out before he asks himself for a trade.
No, you didn't read my post thoroughly and you haven't seen all the games Kobe has played without Shaq where he hasn't shot anywhere near .400 (no fault of your own...you aren't a Laker fan). He's not trying to do too much on his own. He's proven himself many times over to be capable of pulling down stats like that.

KP said:
When did he ever shoot a real volume of shots before Shaq played with him. This is what everyone said would happen... He has to create more shot opps for himself with no inside presence, and since he doesn't care if he misses his shooting % is way down. Thats the real explanation. I saw that up and under baseline dunk last night! Don't talk to me about lack of lift on his jump shot do to injury! pleeeeaaaase!
When did he ever shoot a real volume of shots before Shaq played with him? Sorry, I don't get the question since Shaq and Kobe joined the Lakers in the same season.

If you meant to ask when has he ever shot a real volume of shots WITH Shaq as a teammate...oh, I dunno...let's say 2003 when he averaged 30 points on 23 shots a game. This year he's averaging 20 shots and 7 assists.

I never told you about lack of lift on his jumpshot. You're making things up again. Plantar fasciitis is a condition that affects each individual differently. In Kobe's case, it is causing him to settle for high-difficulty jumpers instead of driving to the rim or running around to catch the ball in better position. And mind you that Kobe hasn't missed a game so far in order to rest his condition. He doesn't have the luxury to rest about 10 games like Peja did when he had it.

Gargamel said:
When did he ever shoot a real volume of shots before Shaq played with him? Sorry, I don't get the question since Shaq and Kobe joined the Lakers in the same season.

If you meant to ask when has he ever shot a real volume of shots WITH Shaq as a teammate...oh, I dunno...let's say 2003 when he averaged 30 points on 23 shots a game. This year he's averaging 20 shots and 7 assists.

I never told you about lack of lift on his jumpshot. You're making things up again. Plantar fasciitis is a condition that affects each individual differently. In Kobe's case, it is causing him to settle for high-difficulty jumpers instead of driving to the rim or running around to catch the ball in better position. And mind you that Kobe hasn't missed a game so far in order to rest his condition. He doesn't have the luxury to rest about 10 games like Peja did when he had it.
My point is he's never shot well without Shaq on the block(and he never will). Are you saying he can't drive to the basket hard and finish??? Like I've seen him do about 5 times every game?? He Can't carry this team by himself you'll see....

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kobe, Kobe, Kobe...

blah, blah, blah.

Could we keep the Kobe worship to one thread instead of three or four?

Why a Laker fan feels he has to come to a KINGS board and continue to argue with KINGS fans about their perceptions of a Laker is beyond my ability to comprehend.

Please keep it civil so I don't have to waste time reading this stuff.

Is the LA board that boring??

VF21 said:
Kobe, Kobe, Kobe...

blah, blah, blah.

Why a Laker fan feels he has to come to a KINGS board and continue to argue with KINGS fans about their perceptions of a Laker is beyond my ability to comprehend.

Please keep it civil so I don't have to waste time reading this stuff.
--Well said

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Don't get me wrong. I like Gargamel - he's been here a long time and I think he and I share a love of NBA basketball that transcends which team we root for.

Having said that, I just don't see any future in him trying to convince us - on our board - that our perceptions about Kobe are wrong.

;)

VF21 said:
Kobe, Kobe, Kobe...

blah, blah, blah.

Maybe a merge would help.

I don't mean to offend, but why differentiate between Lakers and Kings fans? I'm not always conscious of your allegiance to the Kings, I just want to consider you NBA fans.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Sorry, Gargy. Mea culpa.

Having said that, I still think Kobe suffers from myopia and could conceivably be the reincarnation of Narcissus.

But I won't continue to belabor the point. I respect you and your takes and it is quite possible - at some level - that I am simply fed up with the whole drama and have become jaded.

See my comments to you in one of the OTHER Kobe threads.

;)

Interjects...

Kobe w/ more triple doubles than the rest of league combined.

Kobe w/ more double doubles than Yao, Kenyon, Amare, Big Ben, and Brand.

26.8 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 6.9 apg, 1.3 bpg, 1.2 spg.

But...FG% and TO. Forget all that other junk!

Exits...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Gargamel said:
Interjects...

Kobe w/ more triple doubles than the rest of league combined.

Kobe w/ more double doubles than Yao, Kenyon, Amare, Big Ben, and Brand.

26.8 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 6.9 apg, 1.3 bpg, 1.2 spg.

But...FG% and TO. Forget all that other junk!

Exits...
Well you can forget some of it, that's for sure.

What you've got is a 20pt scorer forcing up all kinds of garbage to score 26. Now I'm as surprised as anyone that he's only a 20ppg guy right now, but that's just the way it is. He's chucked up nearly twice as many shots as any other player on the team, and he shoots .50 points worse than the team as a whole and worse than any non-scrub on the roster.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Those tripple doubles, and assist numvers would be more imprssive if the tripples had helped his team WIN. And the TO's virtualy erase his assist numbers. Im not that impressed.

HndsmCelt said:
Those tripple doubles, and assist numvers would be more imprssive if the tripples had helped his team WIN. And the TO's virtualy erase his assist numbers. Im not that impressed.
The Lakers are 12-8, that is in fact winning.

Bricklayer said:
He's chucked up nearly twice as many shots as any other player on the team, and he shoots .50 points worse than the team as a whole and worse than any non-scrub on the roster.
He's only shooting 20 a game, which ain't bad for a player of his responsibility.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Gargamel said:
He's only shooting 20 a game, which ain't bad for a player of his responsibility.
He's just turned into Iverson #2, which is ironic given all of the venom L.A. fans have heaped on A.I. over the years for his MVP in '01. He and A.I. are #1/#2 in the league in FGA and turnovers, and neither one shoots 40%.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Bricklayer said:
He's just turned into Iverson #2, which is ironic given all of the venom L.A. fans have heaped on A.I. over the years for his MVP in '01. He and A.I. are #1/#2 in the league in FGA and turnovers, and neither one shoots 40%.
Yes, but look at how much responsibility they each have. :D