Kingstalk.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious if anyone here posted on the kingstalk.com Sacramento Kings message board back in the day? I noticed it's no longer in existence. I did in the late 90's to early 2000's. Same username too.

Per the Way Back Machine, seems like sometime between September, 2011 and March, 2012 it ceased operations and began forwarding traffic to Sactown Royalty.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Per the Way Back Machine, seems like sometime between September, 2011 and March, 2012 it ceased operations and began forwarding traffic to Sactown Royalty.
Figures they wouldn't forward it to us after all that silly rivalry stuff back in the day. :p

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
More than heated, some of it was personal. Like, "real life, not on the message board" personal. Frankly, I'm a little uncomfortable that this thread is even here.

One of the drawbacks to sports fandoms that rarely (if ever) exists with other fandoms is that, sports fandoms largely tend to have a great deal of geographical commonality so, when things get personal, they can really get personal. :eek::eek::eek:

I went to the Way Back Machine attempting to locate these heated discussions, with negative results. I did see a lot of interesteting Oden/Durant and Hawes/Noah/Hibbert debating.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
In the first place, you would have to look way further back than that; the bitter feelings between us and them significantly predate the 2007 draft, or even the crash of this message board, which resulted in the loss of all of the threads prior to 2004. In the second place, many of the more contentious remarks were kept behind their private forum.

MOD HAT ON: And, in the third place, please don't invite trouble.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
More than heated, some of it was personal. Like, "real life, not on the message board" personal. Frankly, I'm a little uncomfortable that this thread is even here.

One of the drawbacks to sports fandoms that rarely (if ever) exists with other fandoms is that, sports fandoms largely tend to have a great deal of geographical commonality so, when things get personal, they can really get personal. :eek::eek::eek:
Yes, and it will not be found by looking over public forum discussions. I wouldn't be unhappy if this thread was closed as I am sure it opens scabs on some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.