[Game] Kings @ Wizards - 2/22/12

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
DishNet info: 450 SD; 9573 HD
Game time 4 p.m. PST

I always worry about us playing "other" bad teams, especially after a hard-fought contest against a top contender. I hope the fatigue factor doesn't do too much damage. And yes, I'm making an excuse. The schedule the Kings have had thus far is murderous.

GO KINGS!!

The Kings lead the league in road games played. They also have a decent record at home. Hang tough Kings fans, its downhill from here. Expecting the playoffs is probably too much but don't count out a furious run at the end of the year making some lower ranked teams sweat

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
My favorite game of the year. John Wall vs Isaiah, McGee vs Cousins. Should be some fun match ups to see. Also Nick Young vs Thornton, neither play defense so both should go off. Too bad I'm in school for this one, I'm gonna have to watch the replay, thank god League Pass shows replays! =) Also of note, don't the Wizards have a 8 or 9 consecutive win streak going on against the Kings AT DC?

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well, from the "half empty" point of view, this is exactly the kind of game that the Kings should win by eight to ten, but seem to lose on a regular basis (e.g., first Warriors game, Phoenix, Detroit, Cleveland). On the other hand, from the "half full" point of view, the Wizards are awful, and have no heart. If we play the first three quarters tonight like we did last night, the Wizards will lay down.

Not a bad start, but our defense has to get better. Now, the Kings have to win this one! I'm watching this game live on NBA League Pass, and here in Italy it's 1.25 am. Tomorrow morning I have to wake up to go to work, and I'm up so late for Wizards - Kings... I am not sure if I am a big fan or a big idiot...

If John Wall was half the PG Isaiah Thomas was, the Wizards wouldn't be so bad just sayin'

wooo if Nick Young made that....

Cousins with some Moses Malone action

Great foul Evans.

Well, from the "half empty" point of view, this is exactly the kind of game that the Kings should win by eight to ten, but seem to lose on a regular basis (e.g., first Warriors game, Phoenix, Detroit, Cleveland). On the other hand, from the "half full" point of view, the Wizards are awful, and have no heart. If we play the first three quarters tonight like we did last night, the Wizards will lay down.
The problem with young kids is that they "get up" more for the national tv games and for marquee player games. Consistency is what separates stars from "promising" (for young kids) players. Can you get up for every game? Can you play your best to stay close to the Heat, and also play your best to stomp on the throats of weaker teams?

Kings have a tendency to play to the level of the opponent.

On the game, Tyreke is taking full advantage of his quickness advantage, whereas Wizards aren't exploiting their SF matchup there. Might have to do with the fact that Lewis is on his last knee.

Go Hickson! Get us those lins!

Jimmer's hurting his FG% and playing bad D. What a shame.

BUT as you see. SMART refuses to play Jimmer next to Thornton, and instead makes him SG next to Tyreke.