Kings @ Warriors Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Working overtime here

On November 16th 2003 Kings beat Warriors in a great game 106 – 104 to improve to 6-4 at that point of the season.. It was a very close game and Kings looked like they might lose this game but then Bobby showed up and saved the day. 6 Kings players ended in double figures lead by Pedja who had 33/11/4/1, Bibby had 13/3/4, Brad had 11/9/11 and Vlade had 11/7/5. Booby lead the bench with 16/2, Gerald had 11/8 and Darius had 8/6. Warriors shot better than 52% but it wasn’t enough.

Bobby Jackson may not be a starter, but he is a tremendous finisher. Jackson scored 12 of his 16 points in the fourth quarter, including the tiebreaking 3-pointer with 50 seconds to go, lifting the Sacramento Kings to a spirited 106-104 victory over the Golden State Warriors. The winner of the 2003 Sixth Man Award, Jackson did not start the second half, even though Kings guard Doug Christie remained in the locker room with a foot injury. But he came on in the fourth quarter and sparked the Kings, who improved to 5-0 at home.

"Bobby is always big off the bench for us," said forward Peja Stojakovic, who led the Kings with 33 points and 11 rebounds. "He comes in and brings a lot of energy and he usually makes big shots for us, like tonight."

"There's two things that keep Gerald on the floor - his energy level and going to the boards," Adelman said. "He's just got to find a way to do those things consistently."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, after winning a fierce defensive battle against the Grizzlies, Kings improved to 5-2 for a season, well ahead of Lakers and also we are riding a 4 game winning streak. So all in all we are one of the hottest teams in the league. Yeah, I know that our schedule was easy and that we are yet to play a real NBA team, but that rally doesn’t matter. Every win counts as one win and You have got to be able to beat sucky teams too. Tomorrow, we will try go go for 5 in a row by crossing that bridge and beating the Warriors in what is expected to be a “battle of midgets”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here we are – before a back to back game with our roster. Scary thought. Let’s hope that Ron was capable to get up by himself. If You ever had back spasms – You will know what I am talking about. I don’t rally have any ideas how to solve this issue but we are about to overplay our players this early in the season. At some point we will have to pay the price either by losing some games on being tired ot playing Hart & Taylor and losing games because we suck. I hope that it doesn’t end up being a heuge problem down the stretch since every game is important and one game means making or missing the post season .-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While I understand that it would be nice to see Kevin Martin play in an all star game which will eventually happen if he continues to grow this way – I think that it is too early and it is not a good time for the Kings team in general. All we need is to add an extra game to Kevin’s schedule in which is not too much time to rest anyways. Also we need him healthy and it doesn’t take much if You are play for Kings. In fact – all it needs is that Bowen “accidentally” leaves his leg under Kevin’s leg while Kevin is in the air. I say – let’s just keep it low profile and let's Kevin do the talking on the court.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After I slept over it – I still don’t understand how someone like Bill Walton can work as a analyst. I think that they need to start testing those guys for drugs and other things. Bill Walton would be capable of confusing anyone in believing anything for a short period of time - right to the point where one would go - “say what again ? And JB is not helping either. He is just adding the fuel to the fire so to speak. JB is bringing up the best/worst in Walton who is discovering new level of sucking every game. Pretty soon – it will be unbearable. As of now - I am a firm believer that our PG’s name is Henry Bibby which would explain the defense. Henry is an old man.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That would bring us to TNT which is the host of our tonight’s game. I thing that they are somewhat better mostly because they don’t have Walton but they have Kerr unless he killed himself last night watching Spurs lose to Bobcats. I do expect Collins and maybe even Reggie. BTW – expect a triple overtime in the first game. It is highly unlikely that we will get to see 2 compleate Kings games back to back
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was an interesting game 2 very hobbled teams in which neither was capable of playing any defense. We won because we were able to go smaller when it mattered the most. We got lucky that the 74 times all star and 36 times MVP and future hall–of famer Chucky Atkins was substituted after torching us for gazillion of points in the 3rd quarter. It seamed to have woken up Bibby and things got a little easier. Win is a win – right ?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AWARD TIME
TDM award and a TDM life time achievement award went to Chucky “MJ” Atkins. He was in such a zone that he made a shot even when he wasn’t in the possession of the ball. 27 pts (10-11) in a half is more than enough. Compliments of Kings defense - mostly Mike Bibby. The LW-VC award goes to H Warrick. The former TDM award winner sucked big time and that was a good thing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warriors are next and we have had some problems with them in the past seasons. I am not sure whether JRich will play. As You all know – he is one of the biggest Kings killers known to mankind and if he plays we might have a long night. It will be a small ball festival because Don Nelson always took pride in playing the smallest possible lineup. Only dream that he didn’t accomplished was playing Muggsy Bogues as a center. It will be fast and crazy and close but looks like 5 in a row to me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike – after getting torched by Chucky – BD is next and that can be ugly
Ron – that back really worries me. Injury syndrome is signature of the Kings.We need him
Kevin – leave the kid of the all star garbage and let him develop in peace
Brad – hopefully won’t gain too much weight
SAR – much better
KT – still mediocre
Cisco – stuck in no man’s land

Corliss – top 5 centers in the league

Rest – mateen
Muss – still managing to get the best out of what he has at the moment. Not sure how long it will last.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking at Warriors roster – scary. A mixture of kings killers, TDM award winners and Young unknown players. Not a good news for us.although it will be nice to see Matt Barnes. BTW the TDM awars will go to Anthony Roberson. LW-VC award will also hopefully go to a Warriors player. Kings will win again.
one more day till the Laker lose again

This was one of the kings strengths last year, beating divisional rivals. I beleive we had the best overall record versus teams in the Pacific Division. Yes even beating the Suns in this aspect. We swept the Clippers, we split phx, i think we split the lakers and then I think we went 3-1 vs. the Whoriers. I feel bad about this game tonight, but we should match-up well against these guys since they play small ball too, but by choice. If we can play close to what we did last night and fix some things on defense in teh 2nd half, we should be fine. If not, it could be a disappointing result.

This was one of the kings strengths last year, beating divisional rivals. I beleive we had the best overall record versus teams in the Pacific Division. Yes even beating the Suns in this aspect. We swept the Clippers, we split phx, i think we split the lakers and then I think we went 3-1 vs. the Whoriers. I feel bad about this game tonight, but we should match-up well against these guys since they play small ball too, but by choice. If we can play close to what we did last night and fix some things on defense in teh 2nd half, we should be fine. If not, it could be a disappointing result.
We actually split against the Warriors too. I think years previous to that we went 1-3 against them. Hopefully it will be a new year. Plus, I just love beating Don Nelson.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Thanks once again, piksi...

:D

I don't know about anyone else, but when Ron left the court to go for "treatment" for his back, I pictured him laying on the Frankenstein worktable and being raised into the air for massive electro-shock treatment (FOR HIS BACK!).

If ever there was a player who should receive the life-time Duct Tape award, it's Ron. I firmly believe his mantra is "Tis but a scratch!"

I sure hope they took Bozo the one-legged monkey with them to the Bay Area today. At a height of 27.5 inches, he might come in handy for the mini-hobbit ball we're sure to see on the court today.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Thanks once again, piksi...

:D

I don't know about anyone else, but when Ron left the court to go for "treatment" for his back, I pictured him laying on the Frankenstein worktable and being raised into the air for massive electro-shock treatment (FOR HIS BACK!).

If ever there was a player who should receive the life-time Duct Tape award, it's Ron. I firmly believe his mantra is "Tis but a scratch!"

I sure hope they took Bozo the one-legged monkey with them to the Bay Area today. At a height of 27.5 inches, he might come in handy for the mini-hobbit ball we're sure to see on the court today.

I have played with this idea for a quiet some time now (wanted to call it DC award to honor DC's effort against Allas in that memorable PO series in 2002) but I was worried about jinxing players. Seing that we are screwed anyways I will from now on when applicable use DC-DT award (Doug Christie - duckt tape award)

I have played with this idea for a quiet some time now (wanted to call it DC award to honor DC's effort against Allas in that memorable PO series in 2002) but I was worried about jinxing players. Seing that we are screwed anyways I will from now on when applicable use DC-DT award (Doug Christie - duckt tape award)

I LOVE IT!!! I just hope you do not have to award it very often. I also think Mike and Ron should retroactively be given this award. Again, I hope we have no need for it again this season - but, seeing as how we are the Kings, I ill not be shocked to see it as a regular in your game threads.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Is J-Rich playing?

Will our defense return?

Will KT be praised this game?

Will Corliss be playing Center this game?

Stay tuned and find out!

the wind and rain are threatening to ruin my night...

if directv gets messed up from time to time during the kings game i will be sooooooooo mad.

but oh well.. at least I get to see the game :)

GO KINGS!!!

As of now - I am a firm believer that our PG’s name is Henry Bibby which would explain the defense. Henry is an old man.
That would bring us to TNT which is the host of our tonight’s game. I thing that they are somewhat better mostly because they don’t have Walton but they have Kerr unless he killed himself last night watching Spurs lose to Bobcats.
These parts slayed me, Piksi! :D

And thanks for mentioning DC's performance in that playoff series. That was memorable.:D

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
BTW - this is (as usual) vintage piksi. I really appreciate your take and all the hard work you put into doing this for us game after game, piksi.

YOU ROCK, BUDDY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.