Kings @ Warriors Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
On March 31st 2002 kings won in Atlanta 92-91 to improve to 51-19 for the season. It was the 1st NBA game that I watched in person. Webber just ruled but he was the only King that came to play. It still was enough. Mike sucked so bad - it was awful to watch. Luckly, my dad doesn't speak English and Mike doesn't undesrstan Serbian. After taking a day off work and a 4 hrs drive in one direction to watch a game - my dad did not have much understanding for such a performance. Never really liked him after that.
Anyways, Webber did everything 29/12/7/4st/2bl, Hedo helped with 14/8/3. The rest of the strters just sucked (Vlade,Doug and especially Mike) Bench helped a bit especially Pollard who had 9/9 anmd GW with 11 pts. I also remember J Vaughn scoring 20 pts defended by Bibby.(career high is 23). The hawks crowd sucked too.

Hidayet Turkoglu made the go-ahead layup with 64 seconds remaining and Nazr Mohammed missed a pair of chances to tie the game in the final minute as the Kings edged the Hawks, 92-91. Sacramento snapped a 12-game losing streak in Atlanta, dating to a 118-115 victory on February 16, 1988. That was the Kings' only win in 15 meetings in Atlanta since moving from Kansas City in 1985.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kings @ 36-36 with 10 games to go are still comfortable in the 8th PO spot even though the Jazz and the Hornets are still close enough to cause concern if Kings can't find consistancy that was there in February and early March. We snapped the 2 games losing streak in Portland which is the only positive from that game which is anything but a measuring stick. 7th place might not be realistic but it is still possible and we should keep an eye on it.
'------------------------------------------------------------------------
When You win a game like we did against Blazers and You just can't get excited - it is a sign of fatigue caused buy a wierd and an up and down season that really influences the "mood" and the emotions that are needed to create excitement. Only consistant thing that we can cpunt on is the inconsistancy that we have from game to game, from quarter to quarter sometimes even from play to play. Maybe, I just miss the precictable times when we would win 50+ games per season and always get to a game 7 (and lose). Now, we don't know what would happen in the next quarter.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The whole NBA season has been wierd. For a long time - it hasn't been easier to make a PO in the Western conference. You can even allow Yourself to lose 9 straight and 11/13 and still be in the hunt. There is a possibility that a team might be below .500 and still make it. The easten conference has been more "normal" mostly due the fact that it is a given that there will be couple teams that make it with a below .500 record. To put the icing on a cake the teams like Clippers and Cavs will be there and that is anything but normal.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is a nice transition to a consistant part of the NBA. Kings are on their way to the 8th consecutive PO appearance. No matter how You put it - it deserves respect. In a fragile world of the NBA - it is impressive to have such an accomplishment. If I am not mistaking only Kings and Spurs have been to the PO every year since the lockout shortened season in 1998/99. The person that deserves most credit is Rick Adelman who always managed to make it work despite injuries and trades and all the other problems. It might be his last season and I hope that it is a winning one. He sure deseves it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
In order to do that we have to finish 6-4 which is doable considering that we play Clippers twice, Warriors, Seattle, Hornets Rockets which are teams that we need to beat and we should if we play well. We have some tough road games but we are capable of winning at least one. Yes, i realize that we are also capable of going 1-9 or 7-3 but 6-4 would be great way to end this long, long, long season
----------------------------------------------------------------------
TDM award goes to Steve Blake. 17 pts (7-11, 2-2,1-1), 4rb,5assists a steal and a turnover. It made no difference really but still nice effort.
LW-VC award goes to the entire Blazers team mostly for making Jason Hart look like a solid NBA player. In addition to that - they really, really suck.
Usually, we should be very happy about any game we win but the last night's game just wasn't a game that indicated anything. Blazers just didn't dshow up or maybe they did but that is all they got. We will take a "W" and wait for a real test to see wheather the "slump" is temporary or chronical. I hope that we didn't wast a good shooting game on the Blazers especially shooting 12-18 from downtown.
Warriors seamed just to play well at ARCO because just a night later - they lost at home to Hornets. We can't allow career games again simply because most Warriors have already hurt us one time or another - so that a career game would mean a heuge performaance and that would hurt us.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike - hopefully his leg is good enough to allows him to play
Ron - can he finally have a monster game or do we need to switch pills
SAR - keep it up man
Bonzi - is he going to be able to play
Brad - gave up rebounding and focuses on 3pt shooting. Oh boy.
Kevin - hopefully soon
Cisco - getting back in shape
KT - at least he is rebounding
Hart - I just hope that everyone is back healthy soon because despite a good game - Hart will not get us anywhere that we would like to go.
Rest- Mateen
RA - hopefully can get the team to play hard for 48 minutes because that is what it will take to beat Warriors
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warriors - have beaten us twice this season. They won 5 days ago. Even without BD - they are dangerous enough to cause trouble. JRich is still a kings killer and Murphy is close to that status. Usually, a team makes adjustments from the previous meeting but there is no indication the something might change so the TDM award will again go to Foyle. LW-VC award will hopefully go to a Warrior players.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The TDM will definatly go to Adonal "The Cream" Olajuwoyle (Nackname courtesy of Brickie)...15pts/14rebs/3blks.

LW VC will go to Micheal Pietrus who will chuck brick after brick from 3 point range... Something along the lines of 2-8 shooting seems about right.

Kings will win...We will be motivated after being beaten on our home floor.

T

thesanityannex

piksi said:
Brad - gave up rebounding and focuses on 3pt shooting. Oh boy.
Hey..........look on the bright side. Brad has found something he is better at. I'd bet my savings that he can hit more threes he touches than possible rebounds he touches. Plus.......the guy went 4/6 from downtown:eek:

Final month will be very tough,so we must get some wins against "easier" rivals.I think we'll take 7th spot at the end.

Peja said:
Final month will be very tough,so we must get some wins against "easier" rivals.I think we'll take 7th spot at the end.
I'd love it if you were right, but given the Lakers schedule & the way they're playing I think that 8th is more realistic, especially given how brutal our April schedule is.

At this point, I just want us to make it - period. Since I believe (hopefully, I am wrong) that Coach - and Coachie:( - are gone after this year, it would be great for them if we made it into the playoffs. They deserve it.

I also do not think that we will get a better draft pick being the 9th or 10th spot than we will if we are 8th. So IMHO, it will be better to get the young guys (and SAR) some playoff experience for next season. Afterall, we are really just laying the foundation for then anyway. Realistically (such an UGLY word), we are not SERIOUS contenders for the championship this year. I believe we can be next year!

Here's to winning enough to get to the playoffs and maybe, just maybe, out of the first round!!!!! Getting out of the first round will be tough of we are playing the Spurs. Maybe we should hope for 7th? :eek:

B

beemerr23

thesanityannex said:
Hey..........look on the bright side. Brad has found something he is better at. I'd bet my savings that he can hit more threes he touches than possible rebounds he touches. Plus.......the guy went 4/6 from downtown:eek:
lol true :p

Status
Not open for further replies.