Kings Vs. Memphis Game Thread, 3-22, 7 PM PST

WTF moment of the game (awesome edition)

• Udrih becomes Steve Nash.

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • Hawes was nearly mister double-double by the end of the first quarter.

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • The Clippers. I thought this was a professional's league.

Votes: 15 31.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I predicted that the Clippers game would go down in the opposite fashion. Good for us. I believe that every win helps build the confidence of this talented young team. I really like to see them face adversity well, and I think that finishing off the season strong will do more for the team than bolstering our chances for the #1 pick. (Heresy! I know :cool:)

(I only caught the first half of the game, really, so if y'all heard any of the coming analyses forgive me.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beno Udrih threw on the cape and did a stunning Steve Nash impersonation. He should get bonus points for the flawless victory. Spencer Hawes has shown us a certain amount of growth in the past 3 weeks that should give his detractors at least a little pause. I always believed he could be something special. He's not on that "special" level yet, but I believe that he will become that guy next year sometime.

I would like to take a moment to note a major difference in the team's recent play: There have been considerably less turnovers committed since the acquisition of Carl Landry. I can't really dig up the numbers (time crunch), but when was the last time you believed the Kings were gonna have more turnovers than assists? I'd say about 2 weeks ago. Is it Landry's fault? Beno's increased involvement? Difference in team identity? I'm not sure, but I'll try my best to track the improvement through season's end.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Award time!:

Note: No Clippers players deserve any awards. I usually give those to basketball players.

TDM - Gordon could have had 12 more points. I would not have complained.

LW-VC -Butler, Blake, Smith and Outlaw. Still wonder why the Clippers suck?

JHA - Sean May. Nothing personal, it's just the nature of the award.

SAR- Baron Davis. If he were an employee of mine, he'd have been fired already (not because he's old, he's just infuriatingly lazy).

RA&1 - Deandre Jordon. (Total guess)

WTF moment of the game - Udrih stole Baron's game!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Kings play another upstart team in the vein of Milwaukee tonight, the Memphis Grizzlies. Marc Gasol is listed DTD, and seeing as how they're not mathematically eliminated yet (are they?), Gasol will probably just lace them up and play. Randolph is a beast, Gay is a beast, Conley is a steady point... This could be a nail biter.

Predictions:

Kings 96 / Memphis 100

Pts: Evans 23 / Randolph 27
Rbds: Hawes 8 / Randolph 8
Asst: Udrih 8 / Conley 7
Blocks: Greene 2 / Gasol 3

Probable Starting lineups:

Kings / Grizzlies

Evans / Conley: Evans will probably come back feeling the need to overperform.
Udrih / Mayo: Mayo will probably see alot of Evans.
Greene / Gay: Let's hope for a return of "Buckets."
Landry / Randolph: Randolph is a heap to handle
Hawes / Gasol: I want to see Hawes outperform Gasol.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe that there is a ticket special for this game, something like 40 dollar lower bowl tickets (forgive me if it was a Clippers game time special). Call up the Arco ticket folks, get you a pair of tix, and haul yourselves out to what should be an entertaining game!

GO KINGS!!!

Last edited:

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I would like to take a moment to note a major difference in the team's recent play: There have been considerably less turnovers committed since the acquisition of Carl Landry. I can't really dig up the numbers (time crunch), but when was the last time you believed the Kings were gonna have more turnovers than assists? I'd say about 2 weeks ago. Is it Landry's fault? Beno's increased involvement? Difference in team identity? I'm not sure, but I'll try my best to track the improvement through season's end.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Award time!:

Note: No Clippers players deserve any awards. I usually give those to basketball players.
Nice one. :D

i wonder if part of it is just practice time? After they got thrown together by the trade you should expect TOs to follow until they get some time together.....

Nice one. :D

i wonder if part of it is just practice time? After they got thrown together by the trade you should expect TOs to follow until they get some time together.....
Thanks, and practice time may have something to do with it. It just feels like the Kings are putting together more games where they consistently do something with the ball on each possession. Have they been holding the rock longer for each offensive set?

Last edited:
I hope Tyreke doesn't come back too early. But I understand his rush to get back on the court. The East Coast Bias Machine is already at work trying to downplay Evans and build up Jennings to try and get that ROY award to an East Coast team. And the East Coast Bias Sports Channel is more than accommodating. Tyreke not only has to win the award, but he has to run away with it.

Can you imagine how PISSED the Ownership and fans in Memphis are right now having taken Thabeet over Evans? Thabeet is 7'3" of CBA material so far in his career. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for the Grizz being greedy and going for that Big Man that is so hard to find. Thabeet may eventually turn out to be a good player. But will he ever be better than Evans is right NOW? That GM must be on the hot seat for that pick. Thabeet has already been sent down to the D-League once. Evans is the leading ROY contender. Boy, the Draft is a tricky business...

Oh, and on the Memphis website, they totally disrespected the Kings:

http://www.grizzliesonline.com/index.php?/tumbleson/comments/preview_10322_kings/

"The Memphis Grizzlies are in Sacramento tonight as they are looking to take advantage of a breather in the schedule in an attempt to keep their postseason hopes alive."

NOW I hope Tyreke DOES play and drops 20+/5/5 on their heads!! Maybe they can trot out that 7'3" superstar they drafted and make the game interesting! A breather in the schedule huh?

That is TOTAL BS!! :mad: I will be rooting for the Kings to make that "Breather" a "LAST GASP OF AIR" for their playoff hopes!! That comment is totally disrespecting the Kings !!

Last edited:
NOW I hope Tyreke DOES play and drops 20+/5/5 on their heads!! Maybe they can trot out that 7'3" superstar they drafted and make the game interesting! A breather in the schedule huh?

As per a twitter from the Kings, Tyreke is out for the next 2 games and should be back for the boston game on Friday.

Beno is earning his paycheck. He can actually get a triple double. Gooooo Kings!!
Yes! I will say that over and over again. If he keeps up what he is doing then I think we have a PERMANENT answer for the back court with Tyreke. (well, he is older then Tyreke, so it won't be forever)

Go Kings!

Since Beno went a little off the ball the offense stopped! It is a pity we blew 14 pts lead in just 4 or 5 minutes, but we can get it back as Griz bench is not good!

does no one else think that rudy gay would make the king so exciting to watch?? he throws it down with style man hes a bonifde second option to tyreke and hes an excellent shooter. hes the complete package

All 3 of my TV's have been confiscated and I am being deprived of 2nd half action!!!

This is what I get for living in a house full of women :mad:

Donte Greene - the silly turnover machine. He dribbles in the open court with his head down - like he is unsure where the ball "might" be going. Has a LONG way to go before we compare him to some NBA stars out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.