[Game] Kings vs. Lakers, 3/3/21, 7pm PST 10pm EST

In addition to LeBron & AD, Gasol will miss the game (Covid protocols?) and Kuzma is day-to-day.

For the Kings, no Hali, Whiteside, or Parker and Buddy is listed as day-to-day.

The Lakers likely roll out this lineup:

Schroder
Caldwell-Pope
Horton-Tucker
Morris
Harrell

with a very depleted bench.

The Kings should win this one, but they've generally been pretty awful of late.

If they lose, the only argument not to fire Walton is that he's successfully tank commanding this team to a top pick.

Analytics remind us to not take the Lakers lightly in this one. The Kings have the worst ROPS40 in the league and LA’s roster is chuck full of candidates

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
You can bet your bottom dollar multiple of those no-names are going to go off for career nights. I for one look forward to Baby Kosta Caruso making the team look stupid.

Kings come out flat and lifeless following their gem against Charlotte, lose by double digits in a game that’s never really close.

Really hope the Kings can win this one. Fox will be the best player on the court tonight by far. A great opportunity for Bagley to take advantage with the Lakers out so many bigs.

In addition to LeBron & AD, Gasol will miss the game (Covid protocols?) and Kuzma is day-to-day.

For the Kings, no Hali, Whiteside, or Parker and Buddy is listed as day-to-day.

The Lakers likely roll out this lineup:

Schroder
Caldwell-Pope
Horton-Tucker
Morris
Harrell

with a very depleted bench.

The Kings should win this one, but they've generally been pretty awful of late.

If they lose, the only argument not to fire Walton is that he's successfully tank commanding this team to a top pick.

Oh man:
KCP gets 20
Schröder has a near triple double, Jason Kidd style.
Harrell always seems to go off on the Kings, so, 23/17?
Lakers lead by 17 through most of the game, end up winning by 8.

It's easier to believe that reality than the Kings winning a game they should. Fox could easily get 40. This Lakers lineup should be easier to defend, because they don't have many facilitators out there. Guard the 3 and make them beat you up inside, which they don't have the bodies to do right now.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Total lack of respect. haha. Sorry tankers this couldn't possibly be a loss. The unfortunate thing is this might not signal a turnaround either.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
if we lose this one I think Walton is for sure getting canned during the all star break
That's either a train already on the tracks or not. There is enough bad to outweigh the good for any rational person to see what the plan of attack should be. And really, should have been.

"should win this one" based on what?
"Walton will fired during the All-Star break?"
Maybe you can help me chose some stocks to buy.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Normally I take a break from being pro-tank when we play the Lakers, but there’s no satisfaction in beating this team without Lebron or AD playing.

Now if we were to lose tonight? THAT would be some impressive tanksmanship!

Not gonna bother tuning in, but I hope those who do have a good time! Maybe Fox goes for 40 tonight...

Normally I take a break from being pro-tank when we play the Lakers, but there’s no satisfaction in beating this team without Lebron or AD playing.

Now if we were to lose tonight? THAT would be some impressive tanksmanship!

Not gonna bother tuning in, but I hope those who do have a good time! Maybe Fox goes for 40 tonight...
If? What if?

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
How you let that much time go by while a team is abusing your soft pick and roll defense every time in the midrange and not change it up is beyond me.