[Game] Kings vs Knicks 3/4- 7PT/10ET (A Must Win!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
no excuses in this one!! March is here and the Kings are favored by 11 points...

This years Knicks have talent, but they are young have gone thru constant roster changes all season. They had an 18 game losing streak.

the recipe is simple; stop Kevin Knox and stop Dennis Smith -- so thats on Fox and Harrison Barnes we're in good hands. Stop those 2 and you can effectively hault their offense.

Damyean Dotson is a pretty good shooter, he dropped career high 27 on the spurs week or so ago.

Mudiay takes a lot of shots off the bench for them so expect to see Burks plenty in this one.

It stinks we dont have Marvin for this one because they'd put like Lance Thomas on him or something lol.

Hopefully Willie can keep it rolling, he's got his hands full, Mitchell Robinson is averaging 4.5 blocks per 36 minutes and 70% from the field and is one of the only C's in the league who can match his athleticism.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Clipps demolished NY because NY didn't bother to guard the 3 point line. Hopefully, that trend continues. If the Kings bring their A game they should demolish this team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wish me luck. I've got great tickets (lower level - row M) to tonight's game and I'll be leaving my snowy mountain home and heading towards Sacramento in a couple of hours. Already got a message from the Kings/G1C regarding "guest safety" so I'm keeping my fingers crossed there won't be any problems. I'll try to check in from the game just to let you all know I'm thinking of you. ;)

GO KINGS!!

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Wish me luck. I've got great tickets (lower level - row M) to tonight's game and I'll be leaving my snowy mountain home and heading towards Sacramento in a couple of hours. Already got a message from the Kings/G1C regarding "guest safety" so I'm keeping my fingers crossed there won't be any problems. I'll try to check in from the game just to let you all know I'm thinking of you. ;)

GO KINGS!!
What did they say about "guest safety"?

There are expected to be protests downtown. For those not in Sacramento, over the weekend the District Attorney announced there would be no charges against the officers who shot Stephon Clark.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Regarding potential protests outside G1C tonight:

As always, we strive to keep this board away from politics, because of course tempers flare. If there turn out to be protests outside G1C tonight, these will obviously end up being a topic of discussion because of the effect they will have on fans at the arena. However, any posts referencing protests that are directly political will be deleted. Thanks for thinking twice before you post.

Will likely miss part of the first half due to work. I hope we can get a win and that we start to build some momentum going in to the final stretch.

I also hope Bogdan can find his shot tonight. I personally think he is just in a slump for whatever reason, but now sure would be a jolly time to hoist himself out of it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Sacramento Kings released the following statement regarding safety and security measures at Golden 1 Center and Downtown Commons.

“Golden 1 Center and Downtown Commons safety and security officials, in cooperation with local law enforcement agencies and city officials, have implemented enhanced security measures to ensure the safety of guests.

“Today, the plaza will close in the early afternoon and will only re-open to ticketed guests to ensure safe entry into the arena for the game tonight. Ticket checks will be in place on the perimeter of the plaza and an increased security presence will be on-site to assist ticketed guests. To expedite entry, guests are encouraged to arrive early and have their ticket ready to show staff.

“Once the plaza closes, public access to the following Downtown Commons merchants will be restricted to ticketed guests – Urban Outfitters, Andy’s Candy, Display, Estelle’s Bakery, Fizz, Häagen-Dazs and Pressed Juicery. All other Downtown Commons retailers and restaurants are expected to remain open to the general public.

“We apologize for any inconvenience as we take steps to ensure guests enjoy a safe experience at Golden 1 Center and Downtown Commons.”

GO KINGS!!
Get there early before the protestors do and have a great time!

VF getting in the game shouldnt be a problem as they have the courtyard fenced off for ticket holders. But parking could be a problem if the protesters are blocking streets around the arena.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
VF getting in the game shouldnt be a problem as they have the courtyard fenced off for ticket holders. But parking could be a problem if the protesters are blocking streets around the arena.
No problem with parking. I always use the 555 plaza.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Mitch is a rim protector in the classic sense of the word. Kings need to get the ball to Harry early and often so he pulls him him away from the paint/ scores whenever Mitch is too preoccupied manning the middle.

Really, the main thing I'm asking for is more touches for Harry, who has pretty much scored a point per minute over the last two games.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Figures. Nobody in three rows in front of me and what happens? Two people come in and their seats are DIRECTLY in front of me.

I agree, this game BETTER be a win. I don't complain much when we lose if we play hard, but I'll definitely complain, even if we play hard, if we aren't able to beat the weak Knicks

Status
Not open for further replies.