[Game] Kings vs. Hawks, 3/24/21, 7pm PST 10pm EST

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
It will be interesting to see how the plan of just let all the other teams blow up first and be the last standing goes tonight. This is basically a limbo contest. Which team can maintain the limbo the longest.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
How are we feeling about Buddy as a small forward
Like that was the only shot the Kings had all year before they had their confidence killed for a second run of consecutive losses. Checking the 5 man stats the Fox/Haliburton/Buddy/Barnes/Holmes lineup is 5th in net rating in the entire league with at least 15 games and 100 minutes of court time together. It's been that way all year. Yet coach over there thought those 3 PG Cojo focused rotations were the way to spend a good chunk of minutes instead of going all in with what was working beyond crunch time when he relied on them to get them back into things.

https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/advanced/?CF=GP*GE*15:MIN*GE*100&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular Season&sort=NET_RATING&dir=1

In fact speaking of Cojo, I just did a little checking and this is all you need to know about how bad of a coach Walton is. Here are the 5 man lineups of all 3 units that have played at least 50 minutes. Notice, Bagley in there as the starter isn't close to the one that plays small with Barnes at PF but it's still positive. But check out the 3rd crew. See, sometimes the stats clearly back up what you see.

https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/advanced/?CF=GP*GE*15:MIN*GE*50&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular Season&sort=NET_RATING&dir=1&TeamID=1610612758

With Haliburon in there, +13.8, with Cojo -14.2. If I were a GM and there wasn't a tank effort going on that coach is GONE.

I think someone here on this forum suggested he hasn’t done enough with his minutes to continue receiving them. But in all seriousness, it does seem like JJ has taken those minutes that he usually receives as of lately
Yeah, you better trade the guy out you just re-signed for the guy that you shouldn't be picking up the option of when both are in the role of afterthought defensive role player anyway, haha. I think DaQuan would be perfect now that they are finally playing small. I mean, that's kind of his main value as a player.

Well, you know what they say about terrible coaches. Stick JJ on Hunter who is going to man handle him and Cojo on anyone. Vivek, Monte, if you really want to win you're going to have to swallow some $$$.