[Game] Kings vs. Celtics. 2/22/14

Hopefully, our extra baggage will get big cheers tonight if they play.
Baggage is harsh. Once they're Kings, they are just that Kings, even if they are nothing more than bench warmers. Even the scrubs would be the stars on most college teams.

But they will be without guard Jason Terry and likely without forward Reggie Evans, both acquired from the Brooklyn Nets in Wednesday’s trade for Marcus Thornton.

"On Friday evening, Malone told KHTK radio that Terry would not join the team this season and instead would return to his home in Texas to rehabilitate a knee that has limited him to 35 games and a career-low 16.3 minutes per gamein 2013-14. Terry had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee in June while still a member of the Celtics."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/02/21/6179699/kings-thomas-doesnt-need-extra.html#storylink=cpy

Don't know why evans could not play, was he nursing an injury? Plenty of time for the physical
maybe has not been to practice yet?

There is an article in the Bee today about IT not needing extra motivation tonight that doesn't even mention that the Kings probably tried to trade him to the Celts. I expect him to take it personally and run circles around a recovering Rondo if he plays

T

Toasty

More like joe Klein. This just feels like no hope suck age right now. I'm sure I'll get over it...always do.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Ofcourse we are going to have to start seeing something from Ben.. like a broken record.
I have more patience as I think the development of Ben might very well go hand in hand with the performance of the pg. This argument that he doesn't get the ball because he misses is crap. If the pg shows no faith in him, how is he to develop confidence? Let him shoot and shoot and shoot. I'll go back to my familiar comment, what are we afraid of? Are we afraid we will lose? The fear is in the mind of the pg. Points add up to a bigger salary than assists. We need to teach a pg to share and that's where it starts. Yes Ben is a disappointment but he will remain a disappointment if never given a shot (pun intended) at playing the game. He comes off screens better than any other King and should get rewarded for his effort. The reward is to let him shoot. He's a ****ing rookie!

I have more patience as I think the development of Ben might very well go hand in hand with the performance of the pg. This argument that he doesn't get the ball because he misses is poopoo. If the pg shows no faith in him, how is he to develop confidence? Let him shoot and shoot and shoot. I'll go back to my familiar comment, what are we afraid of? Are we afraid we will lose? The fear is in the mind of the pg. Points add up to a bigger salary than assists. We need to teach a pg to share and that's where it starts. Yes Ben is a disappointment but he will remain a disappointment if never given a shot (pun intended) at playing the game. He comes off screens better than any other King and should get rewarded for his effort. The reward is to let him shoot. He's a ****ing rookie!
I just chuckle at your notes now. I marvel at your ability to make everything IT's fault.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I agree with most criticism of Ben but there has been improvement which is rarely mentioned.

He has gotten better handling the ball. Has gotten better creating shots off the bounce. Has improved his passing and his defense while still poor, isn't as bad as it was the first month or two.

Of course it's all relative and doesn't mean a whole lot when the starting point was so low but there is clear improvement. His opportunities however are few and far between. I'm not sure he deserves more opportunities but given the team's stance on developing he and Ray these next couple months, it's a waste to put him out there and not give him more opportunities with the ball so we have an idea what we may have going into the summer. We won't have much of an idea if the current trend holds. Get him 8-10 shots, get him touches, see if he improves between now and April and if he doesn't then we know we also need to shop for a SG this summer.