[Game] Kings v. Wizards - Friday, Oct. 26 - 7 PDT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's a great time to be a Kings fan!

I've got a real conflict tonight - my fantasy team has John Wall, but my heart has DeFox. Should be interesting. As always though the Kings will win out.

If you're in the area and have a chance to get to a game, do so. I see a time in the not too distant future when the Kings are going to be selling out on a nightly basis again. And yes, I know we're barely into the season but there's just a feeling about being at a Kings game in person that you absolutely have to experience to believe. With the upscale pace, the excitement of Fox, Bagley, Bjelly and the rest, and the beauty that is G1C it's well worth the trip.

Just like every night, I'm watching for heart, hustle, energy and effort.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

Looks like Shumpert is questionable and Koufas is still out. Hopefully, Shumpert can go (he participated in morning shoot around). I like what he adds on the defensive end and his potential 3 point shooting.

Beal and Mahinmi are game time decisions for Washington. Howard is out. Beal would be a big loss for the Wizards.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Wiz are for the most part playing small ball because of the injury to their two top centers. They are oftentimes playing Morris or even Green at center. Still, I think they are going to be problem for the Kings on the boards. They have physical wings and guards who can rebound (Morris and Porter in particular), and unless the Kings learn the ABC's of blocking out I can see them running or even strolling into the lane and getting a lot of rebounds. Kings: Learn to Box Out! The Wizards want to run. The Kings want to run. So who's going to win the race?

Wall man-handled Fox last year like a rag doll. Fox is going to be looking for a do-over in this game. All in all, I think the Wizards are tougher than either the Thunder or the Grizzlies. If the Kings win, they'll be taking another step up.

It's a great time to be a Kings fan!

I've got a real conflict tonight - my fantasy team has John Wall, but my heart has DeFox. Should be interesting. As always though the Kings will win out.

If you're in the area and have a chance to get to a game, do so. I see a time in the not too distant future when the Kings are going to be selling out on a nightly basis again. And yes, I know we're barely into the season but there's just a feeling about being at a Kings game in person that you absolutely have to experience to believe. With the upscale pace, the excitement of Fox, Bagley, Bjelly and the rest, and the beauty that is G1C it's well worth the trip.

Just like every night, I'm watching for heart, hustle, energy and effort.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!
Can we add smart/intelligence to heart, hustle, energy and effort?

Fox vs Wall is gonna be a primetime matchup... Wall is gonna be amped for this.. The Wizards are a good team and their bench unit is dangerous.

Oubre's a bit eccentric but could be a Kings offseason target, it stands to reason he'd be pretty high on their list and could fetch a big $$$ deal, turns 23 in december so he's right on the Kings timeline, like LaVine was this summer. Oubre was teammates with Fox and Justin Jackson in AAU as well.

Last edited:
Are we talkin' with or without Buddy Hield?:p
with or without Bradley Beal for the Wiz looms large. Ian Mahinmi, who's considerably stronger than our bigs, is a game time decision as well.

Kings are only 4½pt dogs........

The over under for this game is a whopping 237 points..... looking like another track meet.

Last edited:
Fox vs Wall is gonna be a primetime matchup... Wall is gonna be amped for this.. The Wizards are a good team and their bench unit is dangerous.

Oubre's a bit eccentric but could be a Kings offseason target, it stands to reason he'd be pretty high on their list and could fetch a big $$$ deal, turns 23 in december so he's right on the Kings timeline, like LaVine was this summer. Oubre was teammates with Fox and Justin Jackson in AAU as well.
I don't mean to stray from the game thread, but yes, keeping an eye on Oubre and his insane 7'2" wingspan. Eccentric? I think our impressive youth will keep all that in check.
Now go Kings. 500 after today.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Can we add smart/intelligence to heart, hustle, energy and effort?
You can add it if you like. I've been preaching heart, hustle, energy and effort for about 16 years so I'm just gonna stay with those. ;) The players can control h, h, e and e. They can't always impact their BBIQ. They've either got it or they don't...kind of like freckles. :p

We WILL win this game. i have a great feeling about it, but rather than focusing on out running and gunning these guys, i hope we dig in a bit more defensively like Memphis forced us to do

If DFox can play this matchup to a draw then the Kings will win. Tough task for him tonight but I believe in the young fella. Time to put his stamp and distance himself from the Lonzo love fest going on right now. Fox is better than Lonzo. Time to prove it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Man, I've never seen G1C that empty before.
It's misleading. It takes a long time to get into the arena if you don't get there early. And, since going to the electronic tickets only, I've noticed it takes longer to actually get through the turnstile if you're bringing in several people.