[Game] Kings v. Suns - 4/11/17 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Sometimes you get show the Light,
In the Strangest of Places,
If you look at it Right.

I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines.

Final game of the first season of the Kings in G1C...and what a long strange trip it's been.

#GoKings

#SacramentoProud
A bit of a Dead Head are ya? Let me guess, with a Ponderosa Pine to kick in your yard, you live up Grass Valley Nevada City way.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
A bit of a Dead Head are ya? Let me guess, with a Ponderosa Pine to kick in your yard, you live up Grass Valley Nevada City way.
Kinda. I live in the middle of the Plumas National Forest, with lots less human population to contend with. :p (The nearest "town" has a census-reported population of 142.)

Kinda. I live in the middle of the Plumas National Forest, with lots less human population to contend with. :p (The nearest "town" has a census-reported population of 142.)
Beautiful area. Went camping and hiking there as kid.
I was never that into the Dead but as a teenager I did make it to a couple new years at Winterland with the Dead. Can't say I remember too much about the events.

I have great memories of that area too. Used to go camping at a lake in my childhood just outside Nevada City. Nevada City was king when I was an early teenager

I was stationed at Beale AFB when I was a young man. Used to head out the back gate in my TR4a and head to Grass Valley/Nevada City. Later in life I spent a lot of time in the Graeagle area. My Father in Law and I hunted all over the A Tree area near Johnsville and fished a little to. Good times:) What ball game?:)

Plumas a long time ago. In 1940 I took a bus (several buses And by myself at age 10) from Sacramento to Westwood where a friend my age was spending the summer with his grandparents, folks from Norway. Grandpa was a foreman at the lumber mill that owned the town. Had homemade cookies and warm milk at bedtime. Great adventure for a kid.

P.S.: I think it as the summer of 1941.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hey VF, my folks used to live in Graeagle. I have many great memories of that area. So beautiful. You cant be too far from there eh?
About 60 miles away (in the summer) and about 85 miles away when there's snow on the ground and the road between LaPorte and Quincy is closed. :)

Sounds like we all love the Sierra, Cascade mountain range. amazing river systems throughout. Sorrry VF21 but that sleepy little population of 142 might just grow.
Good distraction from this miserable month of tanking.

VF21, I'm impressed that you really do live in the woods. Put me down, I want to read your book when it comes out.

My family (hundreds of us) nave a remote 791 acres in Mendocino National Forest. I've been going there for a time or two each year since 1937. Old cook cabin and sleeping areas for semi-roughing-it, a little deer hunting, a little pasture golf, a little hiking, eating and an occasional refreshment, and a little maintenance. Now I'm just good enough for sitting on a log, telling tales, and enjoying Liar's Flat.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Triumphs, the mountains and the Dead... your singing my song!

I see you've got your fist out say your piece and get out
Yes I get the gist of it but it's alright
Sorry that you feel that way the only there is to say
Every silver lining's got a touch of grey

I will get by I will get by I will get by I will survive

OKC Resting Westbrook, Taj and Roberson vs the Twolves.

Denver might rest some players as well since they are eliminated from the playsoffs. The Maves are honoring Tony Romo tonight in Dallas. This might also be Dirks last game at home. I would think they would send him off with a win.

Guess we will see tonight. I hate this.

Nuggetts and OKC are resting their entire teams so Dallas and TWolves should win, also both at home. NO has shut down Davis and Cousins so LA should take it. So possibly not much should change in the standings today. Flip of the coin with the Twolves likely.

Last Home Game!
(And a perfectly winnable opponent in the Suns the Tanks)

Think you know how it ends?

A fan has got to do
what a fan ha
s got to do...
I_want_you_SAC_Kings_ICON.jpg
Predictions are ON for game #81:
At G1C vs the Suns, Tuesday 4/11, 7:30pm

Predictions are accepted HERE until tip-off (In 4.5 hours).
Just follow the link to the thread, and post the exact game result.
Prediction Game Stats:
Grading
Bla bla... ( View attachment 5791 )

Prediction Rules
Yada yada... ( View attachment 6251 )
List of all predictors in order of appearance:
And to you, prediction rookies... :D
It's never too late to start...
@carmichaeldave, @Mr. S£im Citrus, @Warhawk, @6th, @9x1x6, @AL/kfan, @Albatros, @allrightthen, @Amit149, @andjel, @Arkitect, @arusinov, @BamBam52, @Bibby10AZ, @Big Cuz 15, @biltalent, @BLNINJA #81, @Boogie_Fever, @Bruiser62906, @bsegers, @Castasic, @Chicken Chaser, @Chubbs, @Crabwalk, @CuzistanKing, @Darr_Vader, @datamanwes, @DC222, @Deb M @deki, @DesertFox, @Dime Dropper, @Double-K, @dude12, @east_sac, @EJF, @Elise10, @ElRey, @Entity, @ESP47, @fansinceday1 @Fannie Dwest, @Flopi, @ForlornKing, @funkykingston, @giantking1355, @Gilles, @glassman , @Gliesian, @GoSACtown, @Gtronic, @Hansel, @Heuge, @HereWeBoogie, @HighFlyingMonkey, @HndsmCelt, @Hoovtrain, @Howard, @hrdboild, @Iced Espresso, @IfAt1st, @ikon_zero, @itzcoatl, @jcassio, @jcwkings, @Jeremy Fraser, @Jimbob, @Jkbiker, @John Galt, @Jora Wala, @Joshoua, @k_dubb90, @kennadog, @King in England, @kingdivac , @KingMilz, @KingsCitizen, @kingsfan1984, @KingsFan80, @Kingsfan91, @KingsFanGER, @Kingsfan_GER , @Kingsroots, @Lammy, @Larry89, @Livinthedream, @Lopes, @LPKingsFan,@mac, @macadocious, @Mass, @MassachusettsKingsFan, @Merdiesel, @miltonap, @MizzouKing, @nebs, @nofun, @One and Done,@OnYouLikeGlue, @OptimusRhyme, @Oscar, @Padrino, @pdizo916, @pdxKingsFan, @piksi, @ppine, @pshn80, @R2D2, @rainmaker, @randymoss1881, @RaY Z, @Revrag, @roasthawg, @RX-8, @Sac.1989, @Sac.Kings, @SacKings384, @sactownfan, @SacTownGrantFan, @SacTownKid, @Sam0ah, @SCKingsfan, @sdballer, @ShastaKingsFan, @Section 101, @sidney, @Siranthony, @slashing4, @Sluggah, @speedwagon, @spok22s, @steelevt, @swisshh, @TaxMan, @The Effort Police, @The_Jamal, @TruckeeKingsFan, @twslam07, @Tyndel, @upinsmoke, @White_Chocolate, @whoopdeedoo, @whozit and @Woogie

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm not mad at the Suns, I hate the idea of tanking altogether. I think the NBA should be concerned that organizations are taking steps to lose games on purpose. I know not all fans will be bothered by it, but it will turn some people off and this year is the worse I've seen it.
I know you and I have similar views on tanking. :)