[Game] Kings v. Spurs - Saturday, Dec. 23 - 7 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There was a time when the mere thought of facing the Spurs filled me with anxiety and dread. Luckily that has passed for the most part. Not entirely though. You can never overlook any team led by Pop.

Pau Gasol is listed as a game-time decision, as is Danny Green. I fully expect both of them to be on the court. Our only ? according to the injury report is DeAaron Fox, who is also listed as a GTD.

This is our last game before Christmas. Fans in attendance are gonna have a good time. The atmosphere at the Kings Christmas game is always electric. Maybe someday we'll even get back to playing on Christmas Day. ;)

Heart, hustle, energy, effort - and BBIQ. Keep learning, young Kings. Play your best and the fans will reward you.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

Last edited:
There was a time when the mere thought of facing the Spurs filled me with anxiety and dread. Luckily that has passed for the most part. Not entirely though. You can never overlook any team led by Pop.
Pop is the only coach in recent memory that comes to mind who can probably, and legitimately, take an entire team of bench warmers to the playoffs as a top 4 seed in the Western Conference. Consistently. For a solid 5 seasons. Maybe even 10.

Paul Gasol is listed as a game-time decision, as is Danny Green. I fully expect both of them to be on the court. Our only ? according to the injury report is DeAaron Fox, who is also listed as a GTD.
Oh Dear Lord, Please tell me Paul Gasol is not Pau Gasol's evil twin. Pau, when he is healthy, is as dangerous of a player as you will ever find on an NBA court. Paul might scare me even more.

This is our last game before Christmas. Fans in attendance are gonna have a good time. The atmosphere at the Kings Christmas game is always electric. Maybe someday we'll even get back to playing on Christmas Day.
I don't remember the exact year, and I don't want to spend my energy looking it up, but the Christmas Day game we had against the Mavs that one year back in the day will always be one of my favorite Kings games of all time. Especially, towards the end of the game, when Mike threw a lob pass up to C-Webb, who slammed it down with authority. I was at that game. Sitting on Kings Row 1. And I remember going back home and watching that play over and over and over and over and over and over and over and......you get the point. And, don't worry, VF21, we will play again on Christmas Day. I smell it coming.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I actually don't mind wins against top tier teams, the fact that it'll spite Doody Rudy is icing on the cake!

Screw it, let's get that dang woss streak to 3! Fellow linners forgive me.

Go Kings!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I honestly forgot Rudy is now on the Spurs. Seeing Rudy against Z-Bo is gonna be interesting as I strongly suspect that will be the matchup most of the night. I'm really surprised to hear Fox is only gonna be out a couple of weeks. Ah the resiliency of youth?

GO KINGS!

Gotta be competitive tonight. Every time we've had a big win or couple games in a row of good ball, we have followed it with getting absolutely wrecked, typically by 25+. Winning a back to back on the road is the most impressive thing we have done this year and we need to follow it by showing some growing cohesiveness as a unit instead of a team who used up their monthly effort supply for a couple games.

Light applause for Rudy...

Complained a little too much in the last year with the “basketball hell” and trade stuff for an applause from me.. wouldn’t boo either

A few years ago in the old barn Gay jerseys were as popular as Cousins though..

Don't get why Bogi doesnt touch the ball for probably like 60-70 percent of the 2nd units offense. He is the best playmaker on the team and they have him standing in the corner half the time.