[Game] Kings v. Rockets - Wednesday, April 11 - 7:30 PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And...it's that time again.

Play the video while you read. It kinda sets the tone. ;)

Once again, it's April and we're facing the end of another losing season. We meet the Rockets tonight, the team currently at the top of the standings in the NBA, with 65 wins and 16 losses.

An article on ESPN today said it best when they said "If given their choice and presented with an opportunity to be honest, the Houston Rockets and Sacramento Kings probably would both admit they would rather not even play their regular-season finale." The Rockets will most likely sit their main players (as in damn straight they will, Skippy) for the simple reason this is a meaningless (beyond meaningless) game for them and they do not need another like what happened to Luc Mbah Monte.

This is the home finale for the Kings, and the fans deserve to see a good game and to get one more chance to cheer for the kids that have given hope where there hasn't been any. On the other hand, there is the ever-present draft lottery scenario looming in the minds of a lot of fans. Ironically, however, even if the Kings secure a specific draft spot, it's still a crap shoot as far as the final draft order is concerned. That won't be determined until Draft Lottery Day aka One More Time to Squeeze Money out of Advertisers By Broadcasting a Crap Show About Draft Lottery Positions Day.

So once again into the breech, dear friends. In less than 24 hours we will embark upon another voyage of the Good Ship TDOS (that's The Dreaded Off-Season for those of you who may be on your first cruise).

For right now, however, I will look into the light of the game for one more time before embracing the Sound of Silence. :p

I want to see heart, hustle, energy, and effort. I don't care if we're playing the busboy from the corner deli in Houston, and 4 other random guys they snagged before getting on the plane for their last regular season road trip. It's 6th Man Appreciation Night at G1C and I'm figuring the place will be rocking.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This is Jerry Reynolds' last game behind the mic. I want to see G1C jumping all night long. I want to see the Kings play incredible ball against whoever steps out there in a Rockets jersey. It's not about the Rockets tonight, it's not about the tank. It's about sending Jerry off with a rousing victory to end his run. He deserves it. The fans deserve to rock the joint down to the bedrock.

GO KINGS!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Heart, hustle, energy, effort...and FUN!

The game tonight has a different feel, a feeling of hope and the future. Just play the game, guys...and have fun doing it.

JaKarr Sampson already got the message. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.