[Game] Kings v. Pelicans - Wednesday, March 7 - 7 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Pelicans 37-26
Kings 20-44

That should tell you everything you need to know. Pelicans sitting in the 4th spot in the West, while the Kings are in 12th. What does that mean? Well, what it would mean for normal teams is the Kings will lose. But this is the Kings we're talking about. ;)

As of this moment, WCS and Skal are game-time decisions (according to the CBSSports injury report). This means we'll probably see at least some Z-Bo. Speaking of Randolph, did you guys catch the kerfuffle on Twitter about him? It seems there's a report that the league told the Bulls to get Robin Lopez and Justin Holliday back on the court. Somebody at the Bulls got their panties in a bunch and whined that Z-Bo "the Kings leading scorer" has sat out 3 of the last 5 games. That "Bulls Talk" twitter account has a massive chip on its shoulder. Sooooooo Chicago! :p

It's a good day to be a Kings fan!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Hi, I exist still. I've totally fallen off the wagon since losing all hope at the trade deadline. But that's for another thread if (when) I decide to post again.

I'm just here to share that my dear mother won a raffle over the weekend. Her prize? Freakin' LUXURY BOX TICKETS to this game. And I'm invited.

So I'll be wearing my DMC jersey. Wishing he wasn't hurt. While sitting in the LUXURY BOXES.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the West this year 3-10 is really close, one week the Blazers are 4th and now the Pelicans, don't know how they are holding a float without Boogie but kudos to them.

the West this year 3-10 is really close, one week the Blazers are 4th and now the Pelicans, don't know how they are holding a float without Boogie but kudos to them.
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/...vis-new-orleans-pelicans-stats-boogie-cousins

But basically this:

"Davis replaced Boogie at center, a spot that the Brow resisted for years, to the frustration of nearly everyone who (rightfully) wondered why THE quintessential small-ball pace-and-space 5 didn’t want to play there. He averaged a 33–13 over his next 13 games, peaking with a 53–18 against Phoenix, a 45–17 against Miami, and a 42–15 against the Lakers. Even better, he has grabbed the biggest rebounds and made the biggest shots during an improbable seven-game (and counting) win streak. The Pelicans are thriving because they have a future Hall of Famer ripping through the league at the peak of his powers...."

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/...vis-new-orleans-pelicans-stats-boogie-cousins

But basically this:

"Davis replaced Boogie at center, a spot that the Brow resisted for years, to the frustration of nearly everyone who (rightfully) wondered why THE quintessential small-ball pace-and-space 5 didn’t want to play there. He averaged a 33–13 over his next 13 games, peaking with a 53–18 against Phoenix, a 45–17 against Miami, and a 42–15 against the Lakers. Even better, he has grabbed the biggest rebounds and made the biggest shots during an improbable seven-game (and counting) win streak. The Pelicans are thriving because they have a future Hall of Famer ripping through the league at the peak of his powers...."
Funny, with Boogie and the Brow I don't think they won nine games in a row

Pelicans were on the upswing right when Boogie got injured, having been well-above .500 in their last 10-15 games and beating team like Boston and Houston.

Davis has definitely been a monster over this winning streak so I see us losing this one in a close game decided by a few points.

Wait... Bulls are pointing fingers at us because Skal needs mins and Zbo is a dinosaur? That's not tanking. What the heck man, you made your bed don't make us sleep in it :mad:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Pels are winning because of Davis taking the primary role and because of pace, which has increased because of the absence of Cousins. I can't think of a player who will be more out of his element in this game than Zach.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I'm bummed that Skal isn't playing. WCS getting savaged by Davis was a given, so I'm not really gonna miss watching him tonight (although, in Trill's defense, Davis has been destroying all comers since Cuz went down).

Hope the Bogs and Fox show continues!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
yeah interesting how that works. they have to find a way to blend them better, something like how Houston has managed with paul/harden.
when Boogie was healthy, I would see Davis defer to him a lot of the time and just stand in the corner and let Boogie do his thing. Maybe it's time for Boogie to experiment taking less shots and having Davis take more.

The Pels are winning because of Davis taking the primary role and because of pace, which has increased because of the absence of Cousins. I can't think of a player who will be more out of his element in this game than Zach.
Zbo/dinosaur/Cuz? Is that wha you’re saying?

Pelicans were on the upswing right when Boogie got injured, having been well-above .500 in their last 10-15 games and beating team like Boston and Houston.

Davis has definitely been a monster over this winning streak so I see us losing this one in a close game decided by a few points.
They’ve been surprisingly good since Boogie’s injury, and of course looked equally good when Boogie was healthy and they’d figured things out.

But make no mistake, they needed BOTH those guys in order to make some serious noise in the playoffs and to have a chance against HOU and GSW. While every team has problems matching up with the Rockets and Warriors, the Pels could uniquely give it right back to those teams with arguably the 2 best bigs in the league. One of them would have a complete mismatch at all times.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hi, I exist still. I've totally fallen off the wagon since losing all hope at the trade deadline. But that's for another thread if (when) I decide to post again.

I'm just here to share that my dear mother won a raffle over the weekend. Her prize? Freakin' LUXURY BOX TICKETS to this game. And I'm invited.

So I'll be wearing my DMC jersey. Wishing he wasn't hurt. While sitting in the LUXURY BOXES.
Wow. That is sooooo cool. If you see this, POST PICTURES!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
From Kayte C:

Kings: De’Aaron Fox Bogdan Bogdanovic Justin Jackson Zach Randolph Kosta Koufos
Pelicans: Rajón Rondo Jrue Holiday E’twaun Moore Anthony Davis Emeka Okafor

Kings have a 2-1 series lead Pelicans on 9 game win streak

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
According to Jason Jones (who posted a copy of the official roster for tonight), WCS is OUT along with Shumpert and Giles.