[Game] Kings v. Pelicans - 2/12/17 - 6PT/9ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
In case you're wondering, this game is on NBA-TV...

So, big news up here in the middle of the forest.

Homicide suspect arrested

This a mere week after a Sasquatch chasing organization was here to investigate a Bigfoot sighting! Hey, who says it's boring in the middle of the forest? ;)

Kings v. Pelicans...The King of Beast vs. a large water bird. Sounds like no contest to me. :p

The best matchup of the night just might be the @SacramentoKings social media team who continue to kill on Twitter. Their exchange with the @AtlantaHawks team immediately following the edict by the NBA trying to muzzle social banter is pure gold.

No idea what to say about the game. Don't even try to figure this team out any more. All I know is that it's fun to be a Kings fan again.

#GoKings

#LoyaltyIsLove

#SacramentoProud

#RideOrDie (This drives my granddaughter nuts, which means I'll never stop using it. :p )

1 game behind Portland for #9
2 games behind Utah for #8

We...are...right...there
Look again...
I believe we're 12 games behind Utah.

It's probably the Nuggets you meant. :)

(And those very Nuggets are facing the Warriors next, so we DO have good chances to make some grounds...)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
So, big news up here in the middle of the forest.

Homicide suspect arrested
Lordy. So about two years ago Dude 1 in Willits apparently stiffed Dude 2 in Willits in a drug deal and in the process gave out a fake phone number...which happened to be my cell (I live nowhere near Willits). For a couple of weeks I was getting nightly calls between 2-4 AM from Dude 2 trying to find Dude 1, and Dude 2 was having none at all of me telling him he had the wrong number and please to go straight to hell since I was sleeping thank you very much. A bit concerned for my own safety, I spent a good deal of time on the interwebs trying to find my own address given my own phone number with no luck, so I decided to sleep easy, and eventually Dude 2 gave up. But the picture in my head of Dude 2 calling me in the middle of the night was...just about the same as that guy in the mugshot. Thanks for bringing THAT back.

We should win. Pels have been really bad save for a stretch of good games, and they have even less talent than we do, as well as a coach I think rather poorly of. I've watched about half their games this season.. they are a bad team.

We should win. Pels have been really bad save for a stretch of good games, and they have even less talent than we do, as well as a coach I think rather poorly of. I've watched about half their games this season.. they are a bad team.
I thought kangz meant exactly that; we will loose because on paper we are definitely the favorites... I'm more concerned with boogie finding his groove again. The 3/4th of Hawks game was the worst he ever played compared to expectations.

Any team with Davis has a punchers chance on any night. Holiday is pretty damn good to. If all those guys are sitting out it favors us though. Etwan Moore has lit up the Kings in the past.

Any team with Davis has a punchers chance on any night. Holiday is pretty damn good to. If all those guys are sitting out it favors us though. Etwan Moore has lit up the Kings in the past.
Well I agree in the sense that their record isn't that far off from ours. I'm a decent Pelicans fan but their team just isn't good at all this year. I'm way critical of the Kings play and I still think we're better than them.

Well I agree in the sense that their record isn't that far off from ours. I'm a decent Pelicans fan but their team just isn't good at all this year. I'm way critical of the Kings play and I still think we're better than them.
We are one game better than them and they started 0-8 with all their injuries and Holiday being on leave. They are 21-25 since then.

As a Wildcats fan this is my favorite game every year (this and Phoenix). Boogie and AD are two of my recent favorite Wildcats. Boogie is my favorite because he is also a King and and star. AD is my 2nd favorite because he brought a title back to Lexington.

I hope Davis drops 50 but the Kings win.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
As a Wildcats fan this is my favorite game every year (this and Phoenix). Boogie and AD are two of my recent favorite Wildcats. Boogie is my favorite because he is also a King and and star. AD is my 2nd favorite because he brought a title back to Lexington.

I hope Davis drops 50 but the Kings win.
... Yeah, I don't know anything about that life. I don't know whether it was because I was already a fully-formed adult, damned near middle-aged, by the time I lived somewhere that college sports was a big deal, or because I didn't go to a school where sports mattered, or what, but the notion of rooting for a professional athlete because of what college he played for is completely alien to me.

This game is ripe for a return of the Kangz. Its going to be a real indicator of weather this turn around is for real or if its just fantasy.
100% agreed - I'm terrified of this game. DMC will get in a pissing match to prove he's better than AD and you can count on 8+ turnovers as he insists on punking the Brow.

I hope I'm wrong and people can rub this in my face after the game - but I don't like the setup. Would feel more likely to beat Clips or Spurs the way we've been going.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
100% agreed - I'm terrified of this game. DMC will get in a pissing match to prove he's better than AD and you can count on 8+ turnovers as he insists on punking the Brow.

I hope I'm wrong and people can rub this in my face after the game - but I don't like the setup. Would feel more likely to beat Clips or Spurs the way we've been going.
You want Cousins in a pissing match. He's curb-stomped A.D. in the past, and you want his head in that same place.

Where you don't want it is in whatever mopey place it was last time out.

We were 0-4 against NO last year with Cousins averaging close to 30 shots on 40% shooting and 5 turnovers. Our win against them this year he was 55% on 20 shots and 2 turnovers. We don't need him in a pissing match, forcing everything in the paint and getting more and more mad when the triple team knocks the ball away.

One bird down (Hawk), one to go (Pelican).

Think you know how it will end?
I_want_you_SAC_Kings_ICON.jpg
Predictions are ON for Kings game #55:
At G1C vs the Pelicans, Sunday 2/12, 6PM

A reminder to some of you, regulars: List of all predictors so far this season: And to you, prediction virgins... :D It's never too late to start...
@bajaden, @Bricklayer, @Capt. Factorial, @carmichaeldave, @Mr. S£im Citrus, @Warhawk, @6th, @9x1x6, @AL/kfan, @Albatros, @allrightthen, @Amit149, @andjel, @Arkitect, @arusinov, @BamBam52, @Bibby10AZ, @Big Cuz 15, @biltalent, @BLNINJA #81, @Boogie_Fever, @Bruiser62906, @bsegers, @Castasic, @Chicken Chaser, @Chubbs, @Crabwalk, @CuzistanKing, @Darr_Vader, @datamanwes, @DC222, @Deb M @deki, @DesertFox, @Dime Dropper, @Double-K, @dude12, @east_sac, @EJF, @Elise10, @ElRey, @Entity, @ESP47, @fansinceday1 @Fannie Dwest, @Flopi, @ForlornKing, @funkykingston, @giantking1355, @Gilles, @glassman , @Gliesian, @GoSACtown, @Gtronic, @Hansel, @Heuge, @HereWeBoogie, @HighFlyingMonkey, @HndsmCelt, @Hoovtrain, @Howard, @hrdboild, @Iced Espresso, @IfAt1st, @ikon_zero, @itzcoatl, @jcassio, @jcwkings, @Jeremy Fraser, @Jimbob, @Jkbiker, @John Galt, @Jora Wala, @Joshoua, @k_dubb90, @kennadog, @King in England, @kingdivac , @KingMilz, @KingsCitizen, @kingsfan1984, @KingsFan80, @Kingsfan91, @KingsFanGER, @Kingsfan_GER , @Kingsroots, @Lammy, @Larry89, @Livinthedream, @Lopes, @LPKingsFan,@mac, @macadocious, @Mass, @MassachusettsKingsFan, @Merdiesel, @miltonap, @MizzouKing, @nebs, @nofun, @One and Done,@OnYouLikeGlue, @OptimusRhyme, @Oscar, @Padrino, @pdizo916, @pdxKingsFan, @piksi, @ppine, @pshn80, @R2D2, @rainmaker, @randymoss1881, @RaY Z, @Revrag, @roasthawg, @RX-8, @Sac.1989, @Sac.Kings, @SacKings384, @sactownfan, @SacTownGrantFan, @SacTownKid, @Sam0ah, @SCKingsfan, @sdballer, @ShastaKingsFan, @Section 101, @sidney, @Siranthony, @slashing4, @Sluggah, @speedwagon, @spok22s, @steelevt, @swisshh, @TaxMan, @The Effort Police, @The_Jamal, @TruckeeKingsFan, @twslam07, @Tyndel, @upinsmoke, @White_Chocolate, @whoopdeedoo, @whozit and @Woogie.
Predictions are accepted HERE untill tip-off (in about 5 hours).

Just follow the link to the thread, and post the exact game result.

Prediction game stats:
Last game's summary: View attachment 6389

Current leaderboard: View attachment 6392

Bricklayer

We were 0-4 against NO last year with Cousins averaging close to 30 shots on 40% shooting and 5 turnovers. Our win against them this year he was 55% on 20 shots and 2 turnovers. We don't need him in a pissing match, forcing everything in the paint and getting more and more mad when the triple team knocks the ball away.
That's rather deceptive and was not the story at all.

Here are Cousins's lines against the Pels last year:
Game 1: 37min 32pts (13-30 3-8 3-4) 12reb 1ast 1stl 0blk 4TO
Game 2: 41min 26pts (11-24 0-1 4-6) 10reb 6ast 1stl 5blk 6TO
Game 3: 41min 40pts (16-29 0-3 8-9) 16reb 4ast 4stl 1blk 5TO
Game 4: 34min 20pts (8-21 0-2 4-4) 12reb 5ast 2stl 2blk 4TO

it wasn't him.

Now what it WAS was George Karl who was 0-4 against them last year because he was a ****ing moron and wanted to play right into Gentry's run n chuck hands. So we ran and gunned and went whee!!!! And...we allowed them to average 115.3ppg through the 4 games, with all 4 games coming right in that patch before and after the All Star break where we flat quit on the season.

This season? We held the badly undermanned early season Pels to 94pts. Holding teams to 94pts rather than 115pts = more victories, novel though that idea may seem in the Kingdom.

I attended the match against NOP this year and it felt like one of our most comfortable home wins all season. We led practically the whole way, even with Davis playing very well. I hope we see more of the same tonight but I have a bad feeling this game won't be as smooth.

You want Cousins in a pissing match. He's curb-stomped A.D. in the past, and you want his head in that same place.

Where you don't want it is in whatever mopey place it was last time out.
I don't know, Brick. JohnGalt may have the more significant point. Cuz's best winning efforts are when he is passign well rather than when he is scoring well. Just a considered view.

That's rather deceptive and was not the story at all.

Here are Cousins's lines against the Pels last year:
Game 1: 37min 32pts (13-30 3-8 3-4) 12reb 1ast 1stl 0blk 4TO
Game 2: 41min 26pts (11-24 0-1 4-6) 10reb 6ast 1stl 5blk 6TO
Game 3: 41min 40pts (16-29 0-3 8-9) 16reb 4ast 4stl 1blk 5TO
Game 4: 34min 20pts (8-21 0-2 4-4) 12reb 5ast 2stl 2blk 4TO

it wasn't him.

Now what it WAS was George Karl who was 0-4 against them last year because he was a ****ing moron and wanted to play right into Gentry's run n chuck hands. So we ran and gunned and went whee!!!! And...we allowed them to average 115.3ppg through the 4 games, with all 4 games coming right in that patch before and after the All Star break where we flat quit on the season.

This season? We held the badly undermanned early season Pels to 94pts. Holding teams to 94pts rather than 115pts = more victories, novel though that idea may seem in the Kingdom.
Davis didnt even play in that game. There is nothing to redeem about that early season win. This game will be no cakewalk.

... Yeah, I don't know anything about that life. I don't know whether it was because I was already a fully-formed adult, damned near middle-aged, by the time I lived somewhere that college sports was a big deal, or because I didn't go to a school where sports mattered, or what, but the notion of rooting for a professional athlete because of what college he played for is completely alien to me.
Remember, in Kentucky there are no pro teams of any kind so the only way to establish a pro connection is either through picking a team in your youth or following college players. I did the first and was just thankful that Boogie came along at some point.

That is why the NBA when they add 2 more teams need to ensure that Louisville is one of the next cities. There is no completion at all. Indy is the closest NBA city.

Most Kentuckian's that I know have no NBA team they root for so they just follow players.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Refs tend to protect AD like they protect Paul George when we played Indiana on the road......basically makes him damn near unguarded lee since you can't touch him. This is my worry.

Bricklayer

I don't know, Brick. JohnGalt may have the more significant point. Cuz's best winning efforts are when he is passign well rather than when he is scoring well. Just a considered view.
Last year:
in wins 28.6pts 3.2ast
in losses 25.6pts 3.3ast

this year:
in wins 28.8pts 4.7ast
in losses 27.2pts 4.8ast

Now its certainly accurate to say that his efficiency matters for us (last year it was a big story, this year less so). But then again that's typically true for any main ball handler/star. And because of our one star structure, other teams often have a lot to say about that. If Cousins is taking a lot of outside shots, turning it over, struggling to finish, about half the time its not because he is just having a bad game, its became the opposing team has chosen to go with the "swarm Cuz/double him without the ball and make the scrubs beat us" theory. The efficiency variation between our wins and losses is a lot more muted this year anyway:

Last year:
in wins TS% .585 TO 3.2
in losses TS% .502 TO 4.4

this year:
in wins TS% .569 TO 3.4
in losses TS% .553 TO 3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.