Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Kingsfans.com Official Gameday Thread
Game 42
Sacramento Kings versus Indiana Pacers

By Stephen Tetsu, Pour one out for the Biebs

:( :( :( :( and :(
Well that couldn't have gone much worse. Our two best players down and out in the blink of an eye. Thankfully neither injury appears to be all that serious, but for the entire second half of the loss against the Rockets the future of the Kings franchise flashed before our very eyes.

Left with no other scorers to encumber his progress, IT went full heroball and the Rockets pulled away against our incredibly depleted roster. But things weren't all bad. The blowout meant that we got to see extended minutes for some of our young guys/Carl Landry and check in on their development.

Without Rudy in front of him
UNDER CONSTRUCTION​

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This game thread is going to be pretty short. The recent Bieber news has me all shaken up... and I have to head into work early tomorrow.

Not too enthusiastic about our chances tonight. But you never know, teams often rally around each other when their star player(s) go down. Who's to say ? Wont keep me from watching however...

Nothing keeps me from watching.....LOL

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have few expectations. I just want to see, as always, heart and hustle, energy and effort. I'm looking at it this way: To the Kings, the loss of DMC and Rudy is similar to what would have happened to the Lakers if they lost both Shaq and Kobe at the same time. AND NO, I'm not comparing DMC and Rudy to Shaq and Kobe. I'm comparing the value of DMC and Rudy to the Kings to the value of Shaq and Kobe to the Lakers. In both instances, the drop in talent once you remove the best two players on either team is so significant as to be almost impossible to overcome.

But hope springs eternal.

GO KINGS!!!

Williams and Acy have already been playing a lot. Now they'll play more with higher expectations. Outlaw, McLemore, ang Gray will get more minutes and maybe McCallum and Fredette will get more. I hope so. It will be very situational for Malone picking his combos. It should be very interesting no matter the outcome. Go Kpngs!

Williams and Acy have already been playing a lot. Now they'll play more with higher expectations. Outlaw, McLemore, ang Gray will get more minutes and maybe McCallum and Fredette will get more. I hope so. It will be very situational for Malone picking his combos. It should be very interesting no matter the outcome. Go Kpngs!
Safe to say it will be plenty of small-ball. Over-under on 40 3pt attempts? (we had 30 with the Rockets).

I have few expectations. I just want to see, as always, heart and hustle, energy and effort. I'm looking at it this way: To the Kings, the loss of DMC and Rudy is similar to what would have happened to the Lakers if they lost both Shaq and Kobe at the same time. AND NO, I'm not comparing DMC and Rudy to Shaq and Kobe. I'm comparing the value of DMC and Rudy to the Kings to the value of Shaq and Kobe to the Lakers. In both instances, the drop in talent once you remove the best two players on either team is so significant as to be almost impossible to overcome.

But hope springs eternal.

GO KINGS!!!
How dare you compare Rudy and DeMarcus to Kobe and Shaquille? You should be ashamed of yourself....

On a much more serious note, I agree with your analogy. And your comments could not have been said any better by another dude or dudette on this forum...

Tonight aint gonna be pretty. Let's keep the final score within a respectable margin...I hope that's not much to ask for...

Remember, small ball wins games just not championships per Brick.
It wins games, no one really care about. Pacers want HCA for entire PO. It will be -20 3-4 minutes into the 4th quarter, and then they will allow Kings to chuck all they want against benchers.

This game has the makings of a pre-season game to me, everyone gunning to make the case for extra minutes... we might see guys literally prying the ball out of IT's hands on this one ;)

Well, was hoping for a good matchup since I have tickets tonight ... but considering the injuries, I'm now hoping to see a IT, Jimmer, Dwill, Acy, Landry lineup tonight.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
This game has the makings of a pre-season game to me, everyone gunning to make the case for extra minutes... we might see guys literally prying the ball out of IT's hands on this one ;)
This will be a test of Malone's control over the team. I think he has firm control so actually I don't expect this at all. Gunning shouldn't get you extra minutes from Malone. It'll be interesting if only for that reason. I hope to see further evidence that Williams was a great pick up.

If your Indy, game-plan is simple. Always shade to IT and force the ball out of his hands and gladly let McLemore, Thornton, and D-will beat you. Which

Status
Not open for further replies.