[Game] Kings v. Mavericks - Saturday, Feb. 3 - 7 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
A rare back-to-back with both games at home means the Kings won't have to travel in the short time between playing the Warriors and facing the Mavs.

Mavericks have lost 8 of their last 9 games. They're driving a really big tank. :p

I want to see a good game and I hope Mark Cuban is anything but happy.

I love this team!

A rare back-to-back with both games at home means the Kings won't have to travel in the short time between playing the Warriors and facing the Mavs.

Mavericks have lost 8 of their last 9 games. They're driving a really big tank. :p

I love this team!
Normally, I'd consider this to be a "trap game", and for obvious reasons...But after tonight, I fully expect us to come out and thoroughly beat the holy crap out of the Mavs tomorrow. I really do.

I love this team!
Wait what, you want a LIN?!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
In a rare role reversal, we're the ones doing things the right way (rebuilding) and the Mavs are the ones flailing their arms in the air hoping to catch a branch (their big offseason plan went up in smoke the second Boogie blew his achilles).

DSJ has been getting huge minutes of late and has been producing but I still feel like De'Aaron winds up the better player sooner rather than later (also, with all the talk about Fox being the worst shooter among this class of rookie guards, he's shooting better than most everyone else). Aside from him, the Mavs have few prospects of note (although Barnes and Farrell are 25 and 24 respectively) and pissed off their other good-ish prospect (Noel) probably beyond repair. But they have 40-year-old Dirk so that's gotta be something.

Normally, I'd consider this to be a "trap game", and for obvious reasons...But after tonight, I fully expect us to come out and thoroughly beat the holy crap out of the Mavs tomorrow. I really do.
I don’t take anything away from this loss.
Dubs allow teams to score on them at will.
But, their deep talent always wins out.
Seriously doubt Carlisle and the Mavs will let that happen.
Kings can’t beat the crap out of any team. Including, the Mavs. I would not be surprised if the Kings lose. Worn out from chasing the Dubs all night long.

Kingster

Hall of Famer

I love this team!
Maybe he can wear a t-shirt with a few holes in it to show how cool he is...:rolleyes:

The Bulls traded Mirotic (their best player) to shift their tank into high gear. The Grizzlies shut down Conley. Isaac cannot get healthy for the Magic. (Glass ankle?!) The Suns cut loose Monroe who could have helped them. None of this helps us secure the Top 1-2-3 pick we need. I am not sure what we can do with the trade deadline less than one week away to shift our tank into overdrive. If we unload one or more of vets it may help our competitiveness.

There is six crappy teams (Hawks, Suns, Magic, Mavs, Bulls, Grizzlies) that are going to give us a serious run for our money in the Race to the Bottom with the Lakers and Nets potentially joining this pack. The difference with the latter two teams is they do not have the incentive to lose with pick owed or partially owed.

Right now if we are "unsuccessful" we may looking at the 7th pick. If we are "successful" then we may have our choice between Doncic (prettiest shot ever) or Ayton, and the glory days will be back. :). On the bright side, if we can nab Miles Bridges with the 7th pick, it could be a Donovan Mitchell situation all over again. If Bridges is a legitimate 6'8 and 235 which I think are his vitals, and he can defend both forward spots, I see stardom there.

As far as tonights game, I would like to see Justin Jackson get 30-35 MPG again. He needs the reps and he is showing improved confidence and assertiveness. He needs to not be afraid to put the ball on the floor and show he belongs. Ball Hog Z-Bong shoots it every time why shouldn't JJ?!?!?? In the last 4 games, Jackson has made 19 out of 32 shots for a FG% if 59.375%. Thats pretty pretty prettaaaayy good.....

upload_2018-2-3_13-58-49.png

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wait what, you want a LIN?!
I don't believe I said any such thing. As far back as I can remember, Mark Cuban has ALWAYS come into Sacramento full of bluster and bravado. I've been at several Kings-Mavericks games and Cuban HATES to lose to us with a fervor similar to how I feel when the Kings lose to the Lakers. I don't think he's hoping for a loss tonight. I think his competitive nature will show through.

I don't believe I said any such thing. As far back as I can remember, Mark Cuban has ALWAYS come into Sacramento full of bluster and bravado. I've been at several Kings-Mavericks games and Cuban HATES to lose to us with a fervor similar to how I feel when the Kings lose to the Lakers. I don't think he's hoping for a loss tonight. I think his competitive nature will show through.
Whether you hate the guy, or whether you love him, one thing that I hope you agree with me on, and the thing I admire the most about Mark Cuban, is his passion for not only the game and/or the Mavericks franchise. But for their fans. He is a very likable owner who is extremely personable with the fanbase. And passionate about his job as owner of the Dallas Mavericks.

After a test run using my phone to post during the game last night, I have decided to go back to my old routine of watching the game and then posting thoughts/comments/etc. after the fact. My phone's battery took a nice hit during the game (I had to charge my phone during halftime, and even that was just barely enough to last me until the end of the game.....)

Eventually, I intend on setting myself up to where I can place a TV in the same area as my computer/laptop, so I can participate in the discussions during the actual games themselves. That will most likely come after I move to LA for the job (which is going to start off with me working remotely from Vegas, btw) and can get into my own place. Oh, and day 1 is officially on Monday. Time to get my darn life back on track...

Go Kings Go!

And......It's ALWAYS a good time to be a KINGS fan. ALWAYS.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
If Papa does play a lot in this game I hope he adopts the Zach Randolph attitude to basketball - don't be bashful! I think Randolph must have been the kind of guy in high school days who walked into the dance and introduced himself to every girl there in less than 15 minutes. He has no problem whatsoever putting up the rock, almost to the point of shamelessness. Papa can probably learn something from that viewpoint. Just put up the rock and pound 'em Papa. Pound 'em!:D It would also help if Hield would share the ball every once in a while with Papa. I noticed that Papa sure sets a lot of great screens out there for Hield but he doesn't get the ball back from Hield. Interestingly, Temple makes a point to give Papa the ball. Papa needs to tell Hield that he (Papa) better get the ball or Hield is going to find out what "screenless" means.

I think Mark is more strategic then that. He’ll be happy with a loss.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Whether you hate the guy, or whether you love him, one thing that I hope you agree with me on, and the thing I admire the most about Mark Cuban, is his passion for not only the game and/or the Mavericks franchise. But for their fans. He is a very likable owner who is extremely personable with the fanbase. And passionate about his job as owner of the Dallas Mavericks.
Mark Cuban voted to allow the Maloofs to move the Kings. I will not comment any further about any admiration for him.

GAME TIME!!!

Looks like Bogs and WCS are gonna have a good night. GO KINGS!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, Kings. You might want to watch that old guy wearing #41. Don't let the knee bandages fool you. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wow. Fox having to cover Dirk, and he didn't fall for the fake and leave his feet. DeFox and his ability to learn the more difficult tricks of the NBA continue to amaze me.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I like this lineup!! I can even tolerate Z-Bo when the ball is moving as well as it is right now.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Wow. Fox having to cover Dirk, and he didn't fall for the fake and leave his feet. DeFox and his ability to learn the more difficult tricks of the NBA continue to amaze me.
It was a really good close-out. Not much a good close-out can do if you're 6'3" trying to stop a 7-footer who is one of the best shooters in the history of the game, but it was a really good close-out nonetheless.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Jason Williams in the house!!! I would have loved to be there just to stand up and cheer for him one more time.