[Game] Kings v. Mavericks - Dec. 9, 2013 - 7 p.m. PST

Who will be the star tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Jimmer fans rejoice! Since we only have 9 players available tonight, the odds of him not playing are astronomical. I personally have no problem with Jimmer, Ben, DWill, JT and Cuz as the starting five...Of course, that leaves only IT, Thornton, Outlaw and Ray available off the bench. Somebody is gonna have to do some pretty impressive minute juggling.

I'm impressed with what our front office is doing. It is so much fun to be part of the trades instead of seeing thread after thread talking about how we should have been involved.

I'm looking forward to seeing everybody step up and play their best tonight. I'm glad it's a home game and I hope the hometown crowd can give them enough energy to get the job done.

GO KINGS!

Remember to vote for Sign Lady Barbara Rust at http://fanhalloffame.com/vote/ You get three votes every day!

This will be an interesting game. I hope Ray plays tonight, I couldn't watch preseason and haven't seen his game at all. Also, THANK YOU for putting the game time in the title. I know it seems trivial, but it's nice not to have to load NBA.com (I have slow internet, so it takes a while) and then convert to PST.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
As a Jimmerfan, was tempted to vote for Jimmer as the star (wishful thinking ;))... But, legitimately it's going to be DMC 9 out of 10 nights....

I'd be happy if Jimmer plays.
Heheheh. I actually voted for Jimmer. If he's ever going to have a chance to step up and show what he really can do, tonight will have to be the night. With no Salmons to help bring up the ball, there's gonna be more focus on Jimmer to do it and do it right. Is it a longshot? Oh, hell yes. But betting on longshots brings the best reward when they come in. ;)

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Heheheh. I actually voted for Jimmer. If he's ever going to have a chance to step up and show what he really can do, tonight will have to be the night. With no Salmons to help bring up the ball, there's gonna be more focus on Jimmer to do it and do it right. Is it a longshot? Oh, hell yes. But betting on longshots brings the best reward when they come in. ;)
We also need a 2nd pg and it will be either a guy who hasn't set foot on an NBA court or a guy who has failed. I am very surprised that people seldom discuss the bench pg. Maybe I missed it. We need 2 pgs. This could get ugly with one especially when Salmons might have filled in and not even he is here. It will definitely be interesting.

K

KingMilz

DeJuan Blair has been playing really well this year, should be no match for Cuz unless they double him all game, for us to win they have to have a poor 3 point shooting night and Vince Carter seems to go off everytime he plays us. I actually got a feeling Outlaw may be the X-Factor 2night.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Cousins and JT just HAVE to keep their hands in their pockets and avoid foul trouble on this one. Our frontcourt rotation right now is Cousins, Thompson, Ndiaye. Full stop. We can play Williams some at PF, but then the only other SF we have is Outlaw.

Oh, and going into this as well, Ben has to focus here or Monta Ellis is going to completely pants him on defense. And if he gets blown by 10 times, that only increases the chances of Cuz and JT picking up fouls trying to close the lane.

Those words made me smile irrationally just now.

Now I feel like a sell-out!

Tonight is Ray McCallum's night, and a big night for the franchise. I say if McCallum plays well, then IT is guaranteed to be traded by the deadline.

Last edited:
Outlaw will probably be back in the rotation, its now clear that he was erased over the last 2 weeks for the FO to feature Salmons big minutes.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And with his 1:48 total time on the court, he had a +/- of +4 while he racked up one rebound and 3 fouls. :)

I might consider bringing JT off the bench tonight, just to limit the possibility of he and Cousins getting into foul trouble at the same time.

We also need a 2nd pg and it will be either a guy who hasn't set foot on an NBA court or a guy who has failed. I am very surprised that people seldom discuss the bench pg. Maybe I missed it. We need 2 pgs. This could get ugly with one especially when Salmons might have filled in and not even he is here. It will definitely be interesting.
Not too worried. I have confidence that Jimmer and Ray Mac can tag team for 10-15 minutes at the back-up PG spot.

Am I the only one thats thinks we should try Ray with the starters? Its pretty clear to me that the effectiveness of IT this year has alot to do with his new role. We know Ray can defend. Give it a shot?