[Game] Kings v. LA Kobes - 1/7/16, 7:30 PT, 10:30 ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Injury report from http://www.cbssports.com/nba/injuries (The reports are generally updated in the early afternoon).

01/06/16 Omri Casspi SF Back Game Time Decision
01/06/16 Willie Cauley-Stein C Finger Game Time Decision
01/06/16 Duje Dukan PF Leg Game Time Decision
01/06/16 Rajon Rondo PG Back Game Time Decision
12/21/15 Eric Moreland PF Foot Out until at least Mar 1

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Im not even going to venture a guess to how this game goes.

A perfect world sees a pissed off team come out and play like they did on the road trip, and stomp the Lakers and send Kobe and the rest off one last time with their tails firmly between their legs one last time.

But this bipolar team may come out feeling sorry for themselves, play no D, Kobe turns in prime Kobe for a night, and we have another Portland/76ers situation on out hands.

Basically who freakin' knows. Go Kings. Beat LA.

If you would permit me asking this: how do most of you (local) fans feel about such a game, seeing Kobe in Sac for the last time? Is it still just hate/spite (in a basketball sense) or is there any sort of respect for him?

For me as an international/ general basketball fan, I'm sad to see Kobe go, but pretty much already knew it was itme when he first got injured a few years back.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
If you would permit me asking this: how do most of you (local) fans feel about such a game, seeing Kobe in Sac for the last time? Is it still just hate/spite (in a basketball sense) or is there any sort of respect for him?

For me as an international/ general basketball fan, I'm sad to see Kobe go, but pretty much already knew it was itme when he first got injured a few years back.
Personally I'm not sad to see him go in the least. My cousin just the other day tried to get me to buy into the "But you have to respect and cheer him for everything he's done!" argument. I would have none of it.

I realize he's a great. But I will never give him even a courtesy cheer. Good riddance.

Personally I'm not sad to see him go in the least. My cousin just the other day tried to get me to buy into the "But you have to respect and cheer him for everything he's done!" argument. I would have none of it.

I realize he's a great. But I will never give him even a courtesy cheer. Good riddance.
Mmhmm and I can understand that. I guess it also depends on your age and all. I grew up watching Kobe, trying to copy his moves and all that, so there's that. I don't think I'll care as much when LeBron retires, for example, and certainly all the younger players after that.

His name is simply Bryant to me. Not Kobe, not #8 or whatever his number is now or ends up hanging in Staples rafters along with all the other Laker greats. My memories of Bryant are all bad against the Kings or against paid off young female victim in Colorado. Sooner the one-time superstar is gone from NBA court the better, to hopefully totally fade away quickly after that. But somehow I see media going endlessly gaga over even retired Bryant, offering him analyst job, landing coaching assistant position, or ending up on Team USA this summer in Rio for Olympics which would be ridiculous stunt. Beat Bryant and Lakers tonight - that's it. Go Kings!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

I never go to Kings/Lakers games and this one is no exception. I couldn't possibly care less about seeing Kobe in Sacramento for the last time. I respect his game but I do NOT respect the man.

Yeah, my feelings as well. Respect what he did for the game of basketball, but there's no way in hell you'll see me cheering for him on his farewell tour. What's funny is he and Byron are holding the Lakers back by not giving as much playing time to Clarkson, Russell and Randle.

Omri and Rondo are questionable (50/50 chance they play), Ben is probable (75% chance he plays) and Willie is doubtful (25% chance he plays).

I'm glad this is on TNT. Jerry and Grant have been nauseatingly complimentary about the brave little soldier. I hope it's a blowout so the fans at the game can say goodbye to the jerks in Laker jerseys in an appropriate manner.
I'd be happy if they play well and just eke out a victory.

Last edited:
I grudgingly admire Kobe the ballplayer, since he instills absolute terror in me as a fan that no matter what the lead, he can (and will, and has) shot absurdly bad shots that always seemed to go in against the Kings.

Kobe as a person........... well, he just makes it that much easier to hate him as a player.

Never had any hate or spite for the Lakers. Never liked Kbe as a prerson so I'm not affected by his retirement. Sure would be happy if we beat them. Go Kings.