[Game] Kings v. Hornets - Tuesday, Jan. 2 - 7 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Happy 2018!

The injury report currently shows Cody Zeller out for the Hornets, with Fox expected "to be out until Jan. 2" and Mason as a "game time decision." This could easily be updated tomorrow. Some reports, including an article linked in the Kings News Links, says Fox and Mason will both be out.
They aren't expected to have rookie point guard De'Aaron Fox for the seventh consecutive game because of a torn quadriceps muscle. Backup rookie point guard Frank Mason did not play in the final three quarters against the Grizzlies after sustaining a left heel injury, and he will miss the Tuesday game
Here's hoping the Kings start off 2018 with heart, hustle, energy and effort - and the ability to hit the water from the boat, something that seemed to be missing for most of the game against the Grizzlies.

I sure hope Frank Mason didn't mess up his ankle/heel too badly.

GO KINGS!

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
since the Kings are down to one PG now, let's try Bogs at the PG experiment for a bit.
We may not have much choice. I wouldn't be surprised to see WCS at the point-forward, to be honest. Desperate times call for desperate measures. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Latest from the CBS Sports Injury Report:

01/02/18 Harry Giles PF Knee Expected to be out until at least Jan 13
01/02/18 Frank Mason III PG Heel Expected to be out until at least Jan 9

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I think Joerger is going to bring Fox off the bench as he's coming back from injury. I also think we're going to see a return of "week 1" Fox, and he'll have a great game running with the reserves.
Looks like Fox is starting. Hopefully your prediction about "week 1" Fox will hold, though.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
After that Howard running hook, Skal yelled pretty angrily at Z-Bo, but I couldn't tell exactly what he said.

Skal has two nice putbacks already.

Well, at the moment they're beating what Vlade slapped together.
Hah, yeah that is true. Dwight posting with success and the Kings running the high post offense. Seems like we just entered 2008 watching this.

But overall, they brought in Dwight to pair with Frank, Kemba, Batum, and Marvin Williams. Lamb off the bench. 13-23 and Malik Monk has a long way to go to seeing the court consistently it seems. Charlotte might win tonight, but I'm not sure I'd take their roster/situation over the Kings.