[Game] Kings v. Celtics - Sunday, March 25 - 3 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Long before there was an NBA team in Sacramento, I was a fan of the Boston Celtics. I still hold a little warmth in my heart for them... but not to the point where I want to see them demolish our Kings. They come into G1C with a record of 48-23 and more than enough tools in their belt (even without Kyrie Irving) to make it a long night for the Kings. Not sure if Jaylen Brown will play, as he's shown on the injury report as being in the concussion protocol.

Looking at the Celtics, it appears they may actually be one of the few NBA teams to not have a former King on their roster so one thing we won't be worrying about is a Tony Delk-type performance.

As far as the Kings go, I'm guessing Zach will be over his gastroentiritis but I'm not so sure about Garrett Temple, who was actually sporting a stylish walking boot at last night's game. That ankle may not be ready by Sunday.

It's another Sunday matinee, which never bodes well for the Kings. I'd personally start giving them coffee IV's early in the day but there's probably some kind of NBA rule against that. :p

Personal note: Thanks to all for understanding why we don't allow discussion of hot topic issues. Your cooperation was and is greatly appreciated.

GO KINGS!

Last edited:
Just plain stupid unless someone can explain meaningful reasoning.

MOD NOTE: In reference to Bruno, since he posted this before I filled in the narrative of the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are games to be played in Reno Today and Saturday, and the Kings don't play until Sunday... this really does not need Mulder and Skully to figure out.
Fair enough, I live overseas so don't really follow the Bighorns schedule, and I assumed we played the Celtics sooner seeing there is already a thread generated. I will wait and see if Bruno is recalled. Also hope you enjoyed your Mulder and Skully dig.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Fair enough, I live overseas so don't really follow the Bighorns schedule, and I assumed we played the Celtics sooner seeing there is already a thread generated. I will wait and see if Bruno is recalled. Also hope you enjoyed your Mulder and Skully dig.
The game thread was started early because there's another of storms coming my way and I may not have Internet access. It does have the date on it, however.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
NOTE: I've reached out to a couple of people to see why Zach Randolph is not listed in any category. Pretty sure it's an error not some covert mystery, but this is the Kings...

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
NOTE: I've reached out to a couple of people to see why Zach Randolph is not listed in any category. Pretty sure it's an error not some covert mystery, but this is the Kings...
I don't know this for sure, but I don't think players who are uninjured typically get listed on the injury report if they are not inactive. Randolph will probably be in uniform today, that doesn't mean he's going to play.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
For those wondering, they just said Cooley, Sampson and Caboclo are all in the house. I'm gonna assume they're in uniform and ready to play. :p

As far as Zach goes, I was just curious since he had been out with gastroenteritis for the past couple of games. What Capt said above, however, makes perfect sense.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
They've got the choir from Bristol Middle School (Brentwood) singing the national anthem. So much easier on the ears than what Fergie did. :p

Hard for me to watch this meaningless Kings game with Kansas - Duke barn burner at the moment to fill out last spot in March Madness Final Four. But should be able to catch near the end of Kings - Celts.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hard for me to watch this meaningless Kings game with Kansas - Duke barn burner at the moment to fill out last spot in March Madness Final Four.
Simple solution. Don't watch. Just because it's meaningless to you doesn't mean it's meaningless to the rest of us.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm impressed so far. Despite the early hour, all our Kings look wide awake and ready to play. Maybe they took my advice about the coffee? :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY: They just showed a very powerful PSA in the G1C. Although we won't be discussing it here, in keeping with our long-standing board policy, it will most likely show up in the Kings News Link forum in one of the feeds from sports media so those of you who didn't see it can do so if you wish.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I like the defensive hustle I'm seeing from the Kings. They look focused and engaged. And WCS looks like he might be hurt after his run-in with Brown.WCS grimaces but continues to play. Carter in for Bogs.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Skal taking Horford to the hole!
And he's still alive!! I think that Skal kid is a little tougher than we might have thought.

And while I'm typing this, I see DeFox flying through the air with the greatest of ease!

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

21-17 KINGS in the blink of an eye.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I can watch both just induces vertigo. One (NCAA) on 34" PC monitor and off at other side (Kings) on 32" TV. Whiplash back and forth.
I know it's probably wishful thinking, but I'm recording the Kansas game and praying Grant doesn't give away the result. I've shut off all the other possible sources for the spoiler so please don't say anything in this thread.

I don't have access to the Kings game, but enjoying the Duke / Kansas matchup. Bagley is so active for a big, Carter is a bit more plodding but also good.