Kings Underdogs at home vs Wolves

Vegas has Kings losing 115-113 at home to Timberwolves who will have Wiggins available this go-'round.
This game starts a 10-game onslaught that will surely test the Kings NBA mettle this season. 5-5 or even 4-6 would be satisfactory imo.

Vegas has Kings losing 115-113 at home to Timberwolves who will have Wiggins available this go-'round.
This game starts a 10-game onslaught that will surely test the Kings NBA mettle this season. 5-5 or even 4-6 would be satisfactory imo.
Been looking at this stretch. To get to 4-6, I think this game is a must win.

Minnesota W
Golden State L ( everyone’s back)
@ Dal. W ( Dal has a very good home record)
@ Minnesota B2B L
OKC L
Memphis W
New Orleans W
@ Clippers L
Lakers B2B L
@ Lakers L

Minnesota W
@ Minnesota B2B L
OKC L
Memphis W
New Orleans W
@ Clippers L
Lakers B2B L
@ Lakers L
10 straight at home for Dallas.
We don't seem to match up well with NO.
So I say we take the non back to back one from the Lakers and we continue our domination of OKC :).

10 straight at home for Dallas.
We don't seem to match up well with NO.
So I say we take the non back to back one from the Lakers and we continue our domination of OKC :).
Domination is a bit of a strong word......

After watching Maverick highlights regularly, I think the Kings bench will absolutely be critical in that game especially as Mavs bench look just as good. Thunder game is probably the best one to goto live . There is some hot-blood in that matchup this season. The Warriors will be good, as the Kings will be looking to prove themselves with Curry in the lineup. I will be particularly disappointed if they don't split with the Lakers at least, especially getting the game at home. They owe one from the last pitiful effort. And the Pelicans game will be the December All-Star game score.

However, the Kings could have some off nights and go 2-8 or 3-7 pretty easily. Or <gulp> They could even go 0-10, though I doubt it. 0-10 is more probable than 10-0 though.

Alternatively there are 6 home games - supposing they pull it together home-wise to some degree - 5-5 might be reasonable while getting 1 at Staples, or 1 at Mavs/T-Wolves. Every one of those games they're gonna need at least 3 players to have good games offensively, or a total team effort (7-8 players in double figures). Its evident that this season, they win or go down with their offense, and that trend will not change now.

Domination is a bit of a strong word......

After watching Maverick highlights regularly, I think the Kings bench will absolutely be critical in that game especially as Mavs bench look just as good. Thunder game is probably the best one to goto live . There is some hot-blood in that matchup this season. The Warriors will be good, as the Kings will be looking to prove themselves with Curry in the lineup. I will be particularly disappointed if they don't split with the Lakers at least, especially getting the game at home. They owe one from the last pitiful effort. And the Pelicans game will be the December All-Star game score.

However, the Kings could have some off nights and go 2-8 or 3-7 pretty easily. Or <gulp> They could even go 0-10, though I doubt it. 0-10 is more probable than 10-0 though.

Alternatively there are 6 home games - supposing they pull it together home-wise to some degree - 5-5 might be reasonable while getting 1 at Staples, or 1 at Mavs/T-Wolves. Every one of those games they're gonna need at least 3 players to have good games offensively, or a total team effort (7-8 players in double figures). Its evident that this season, they win or go down with their offense, and that trend will not change now.
If the Laker game at home was not a back to back I would say it was a win. But unless something changes hard to see how we win it. The one of two we won we played our main guys less than 25 minutes with a deep bench.

But no matter which you choose we pretty much have to beat Minnesota at home because it just gets less likely from there.

Minnesota W
@ Minnesota B2B L
OKC L
Memphis W
New Orleans W
@ Clippers L
Lakers B2B L
@ Lakers L
I don't think Im alone when I say that despite whatever their records say at any point this season, the 7akers and clippers are very beatable. The only games on there that scare me are golden state and OKC. Granted, this is the NBA and anyone can beat anyone. Minnesota is better when they give all the minutes to Covington. This is where we go on our crazy win streak.

I don't think Im alone when I say that despite whatever their records say at any point this season, the 7akers and clippers are very beatable. The only games on there that scare me are golden state and OKC. Granted, this is the NBA and anyone can beat anyone. Minnesota is better when they give all the minutes to Covington. This is where we go on our crazy win streak.
I don’t disagree about the Lakers but 3 out of 4 games being the 2nd night of back to backs isn’t encouraging. We have lost in back to backs to the Lakers, an Indiana team without Oladipo, a .500 Houston team, and a Utah team without Mitchell. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

I hate all of these back to backs against the lakers. Tomorrow’s game will be tough but I’m looking for our backcourt to continue being aggressive (Bogie included) and hopefully our big guys will play balls to the wall and we come out strong from the beginning.

We can not continue falling down behind by double figures trying to be cute, thinking we can just flip the switch.

Wait I thought we just had our mettle tested... SHEESH! I say bring it on. After that second half in Chicago, I know, and more importantly, the team knows what they are capable of. I'm hoping for that 10 win December.

The Kings's have made huge strides in their mental outlook. More confidence. Standing up to other teams. The Brotherhood. All positive signs. They have not been that good about defending their own floor. Home cooking should mean something. They need some our house talk from Shumpert at a time like this.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Christie is right - the Kings need to play better at home. Take advantage of the home crowd. Win some games against some upper echelon teams, such as the Wolves. The Wolves are a considerably better team after trading Butler. The Kings must play very well to beat them, and that means they have to make KAT more of a volume shooter and keep him off the boards. Every time I see him play the Kings it's like they should bring out a chaise lounge for him to lie on at mid court he looks so darned comfortable. Kings need to have the same defensive ferocity that they had in the 3rd quarter of the Bulls game, except this time they need it for the entire game.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Wolves have been playing better since the Butler trade and KAT will continue to eat Willie up so it's imperative that the Kings don't dig themselves into a double digit deficit early in the game due to lack of energy and defense.

They certainly need this one. This next stretch will be a good test also to see what the Kings might want to do on the trade market. I'll beat that same drum again, they need to see if Fox, Buddy, and Bogdan can play significant minutes together before they consider throwing major assets down on a position of need. Contenders can roll with convenience and slide stat producers in and out of their rotation where they please, but a team looking for an identity and a way to factor into the arms race of NBA contention doesn't have that luxury.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Christie is right - the Kings need to play better at home. Take advantage of the home crowd. Win some games against some upper echelon teams, such as the Wolves. The Wolves are a considerably better team after trading Butler. The Kings must play very well to beat them, and that means they have to make KAT more of a volume shooter and keep him off the boards. Every time I see him play the Kings it's like they should bring out a chaise lounge for him to lie on at mid court he looks so darned comfortable. Kings need to have the same defensive ferocity that they had in the 3rd quarter of the Bulls game, except this time they need it for the entire game.
Was Kosta healthy the last time we played them?