Kings trade Landry to Hornets......

S

sactownfan

wow kevin martin turned into carl landry.... then into M. thornton and david A.... wow... what a waste....

im not exactly sure why anyone is excited about M. Thornton? this could very well end up being a Luther Head 2.0.... he is a black hole... he does not pass.... oh well

wow kevin martin turned into carl landry.... then into M. thornton and david A.... wow... what a waste....

im not exactly sure why anyone is excited about M. Thornton? this could very well end up being a Luther Head 2.0.... he is a black hole... he does not pass.... oh well
He's easily better than Luther Head. Did you see him last season at all? For a large part of it he was putting up crazy good numbers and he could definitely at least be a very good 6th man for years to come.

w00t. we get something out of this whole deal. martin turned into demarcus cousins. we had to remove him so the young stud reke could grow and lose games in the process.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer

As well as the most cap space out of any team in the league, as others have alluded to.

He's easily better than Luther Head. Did you see him last season at all? For a large part of it he was putting up crazy good numbers and he could definitely at least be a very good 6th man for years to come.
To play the devil's advocate here, who DOESN'T put up crazy good numbers when playing with Chris Paul? :p

To play the devil's advocate here, who DOESN'T put up crazy good numbers when playing with Chris Paul? :p
I don't think he was helped much by Chris Paul when CP3 was sitting on the bench for most of the season.

Am I the only one that loves this move? Landry is a tough, solid scorer at times, but we have a very solid frontcourt rotation already in place and we just got younger with a very talented young SG that helps in much of the things we have been begging for.

As far as offense goes, Marcus Thornton can fill it up with the best of them. I went to the Hornets Bulls game last week and he made about 5-6 threes in a row. Unfortunatly he was also getting burned big time by the bulls back court on the other end, so he is a defensive liability...David Anderson is a throw in junk player at best...blah...

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
As a rookie last year, Thorntons averages

Mins FG% 3pt% FT% Rebs Ast Blk Stl Pts

25.5 .451 .374 .814 2.9 1.6 .2 .8 14.5

Per 36 mins 4.1 2.2 .2 1.1 20.3

Thornton's gonna like that the only competition at SG is Luther Head and Jermaine Taylor for most of the rest of the season...

BTW, when is he supposed to start playing? I would assume not for the next couple days...

Meh. Pretty weak trade to cap off another weak trade (Martin to Houston). Won't make the team any better at all in the grand scheme of things.

Yes, we got something for nothing...but this is a talent downgrade. I think there are several GMs in the league who could have done much better with this.

And now, back to the arena issue...

Something tells me that Landry will put up 15/6 with Paul feeding him the ball, and then the Hornets will re-sign him for cheap and let West walk at the end of the season.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Hopefully Whiteside can get some minutes now.

I wish Thornton was signed though. He's an expiring contract with no options or rights.
Did not know that. So basically a swap of enders, and basically an audition. On the one hand with Reke out should get all the minutes he wants to audition. On the other hand I think preceisely the thing you woul have wanted to see in an audition was how he fit next to Reke.

How about looking at the potential landscape of the league next summer, and the impact a new CBA can have, before spewing that nonsense.
Spewing nonsense?? sometimes the truth hurts. Im just sick of people saying cap space this, new CBA that. Even if there is a hard cap and were 20mil under and every team is over. Even if the kings survive another year in sacramento, NOBODY is coming here, I mean NOBODY.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Spewing nonsense?? sometimes the truth hurts. Im just sick of people saying cap space this, new CBA that. Even if there is a hard cap and were 20mil under and every team is over. Even if the kings survive another year in sacramento, NOBODY is coming here, I mean NOBODY.
The cap space is a fact. The flexibility is a fact. The new CBA helping smaller cities is damn near a fact. All you have told me is your uneducated opinion. So yes, you're spewing nonsense. Because you say nobody will come it's written in stone? Please.

Just because you're sick of people talking about facts, such as capspace and the new CBA, it has no bearing on reality.

Last edited: