Kings to sign Cuz?? - No, he's releasing an NFT

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Unless there's other confirmation, I think the thread title needs question marks for now. We don't even have a roster spot available right now.

Cuz could be that bench hub offensive guy easily. The Clippers didn't use him right in the playoffs. He could be a player that keeps you close off the bench by getting you consistent points in 10-15 mpg and even if he gives up as many on the other end a bench unit that plays even every night could be a major difference maker. Davion up top guarding the ball would take a bit of pressure off of him defensively too.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
"Dear Boogie,
Sorry Vlade got cold feet on giving you a supermax extension and traded you for pennies on the dollar while you were playing in the ASG literal days after we said you were a King for life to a franchise that promptly played you so much that your tendons began to snap one after the other.

Vlade's gone now and we're trying to construct a roster entirely of guards and big men and were wondering if you'd like to join us for a non-guaranteed training camp roster spot.

Thank you and, once again, sorry for trading you literally halfway through the all-star game for Buddy and a pick.

Sincerely,
Vivek."

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I mean this is cool and all but honestly feels like a one-day retirement signing would be more likely than him having a future with the Kings again.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Why don't we have a roster spot? You can have up to 20 players during the off season.
Do we really think Boogie is signing a training camp deal? We have 15 guaranteed NBA contracts, which means a roster spot would eventually have to be cleared for him. We don't really have anybody we can kick to the curb who we didn't deliberately sign or trade for or pick up an option on this offseason. We're not exactly a franchise that has the money to give a guy $1.5M+ and then turn around and tell him to walk away with all that cash a month later while still in the offseason.

Do we really think Boogie is signing a training camp deal? We have 15 guaranteed NBA contracts, which means a roster spot would eventually have to be cleared for him. We don't really have anybody we can kick to the curb who we didn't deliberately sign or trade for or pick up an option on this offseason. We're not exactly a franchise that has the money to give a guy $1.5M+ and then turn around and tell him to walk away with all that cash a month later while still in the offseason.
Oh I don't disagree, just saying we can sign him and roster spot is irrelevant in being able to sign him.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
If I had stupid amounts of disposable money, I’d absolutely bid on this.

As it’s stands… I don’t have $3000+ to spend on a 1/1 animated loop.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
If I had stupid amounts of disposable money, I’d absolutely bid on this.

As it’s stands… I don’t have $3000+ to spend on a 1/1 animated loop.
I had almost talked myself into buying ETH as a "safe" way to ride this NFT trend but I am so boring so index funds work for me.

DMC and the Kangz is a tragic version of dumb and dumber. Tyreke fell off a cliff. Jimmer trade happens that brought in Salmons. Drafting a huge bust in Trob and re-signing JT who was a horrible fit with DMC. IT. Cousins also acted like a complete child himself. Rudy comes in initially meshes with DMC then I'm not even sure what happened but it was ugly after that. ####.