[Game] Kings @ Timberwolves - Monday, Dec. 17 - 5PT/8ET

With the minutes distribution tonight, I would expect Shumpert to be available tomorrow since Buddy and Bogi played 37/39 respectively and I think its both their high for the year.

I would guess they will be in the 29-32 range tomorrow with Shump filling that gap

Wolves favored by 8 --- 120-112....a fairly large gap. Fox and Hield are anchoring the offense now fairly consistently They needed a Herculean shooting game to fend off the Wolves the other night.. Back-to-back factored in....

Willie played very good defensively against KAT last time, the chance it happens again is not so great. I like our chances to be at least be competitive with Bjelica returning to Minnesota. The guys will want to rally around him and win one for their teammate. It is just a little extra incentive that can get you over the hump.

Boggy has been letting me down two games in a row. I hope his knee is okay. He's just missing shots I expect him to make. A breakout game from Boggy tonight of 25+ pts and 5 threes would be fantastic and get us the W. Boggy has been spraying shots lately. I thought he would do better on Luka. He did okay but not well enough that we didn't have to put D-Fox on him. We needed our best defender to navigate the high screens. Carlisle did the same thing D'Antoni (Rockets) does and that I would think more coaches would do. Get Luka (Harden) onto a switch against Willie then go to work. Willie on an island leads to a foul or a blow-by. Besides hassling more further away from basket Fox is better getting over screens so the switch does not occur.

When the switch does occur against the likes of Durant or Luka, I would rather have the opponent meet Bagley than Willie. I think the Kings miss Bagley defensively more than his offense, which is saying something because he was shooting about 70% TS lately. We missed him against the Warriors and we missed him last night. Bagley gets down in his stance while Willie stays up right. Still, credit to the coach for making the change to Fox and preventing Luka from getting into the key so easily.

We are way better team than the Mavs. The Mavs are not a .500 team. Their record is deceiving. Check back in a month an the Mavs will be 5 to 10 games under .500. Guaranteed! All the "experts" by the way have them getting the 8th seed instead of us. No way. The Mavericks suck. I don't like any of their pieces except Luka, Kleber, Barrera and Jordan (who can rebound but can't block shots). Brunson is trash. Barnes and Matthews stuck in mud. Dirk does not belong on an NBA court anymore. Devin Harris is still in the NBA?! DSJ is 6'0" SG having a crummy year. There were fans I debated last year who said DSJ would be better than D-Fox?!?! Where are they now?!

Dennis Smith Jr: 11.5 PER / 4.0 ASST to 3.3 TO (1.2 ratio) / 52% TS / 95 ORtg to 108 DRtg (-13.0)
De'Aaron Fox: 19.2 PER / 7.5 ASST to 3.2 TO (2.3 ratio) / 58% TS / 112 ORtg to 112 DRtg (0.0)

The Mavs are better without DSJ on the floor . The Kings lose by 20 last night without D-Fox. Willie was trying hard (unintentionally) for us to lose us that game last night but D-Fox (and Bjelica and Buddy) would not allow it! And don't at me about Dennis Smith being an "unfinished product" or something else. The guy is good for a highlight dunk but not a guy you want to run your team. That guy is Luka even though he is slow AF and we made him look better last night than he is. Just had to get that one dig in there ;)

Last edited:
Wolves are better at home than on the road, and the Kings are on a second night of a back to back. A win tonight would be huge and unexpected. I'm looking forward to it!

Kingster

Hall of Famer
This Wolves game looks to be a very tough one for the Kings. Back to back. They have to travel a zillion miles to get there. Both Fox and Hield seemed tired to me after the game last night. No Bagley. Will Shump play? Total revenge game for KAT. To me, Joerger is going to have to play a lot of the bench to have a chance, and the bench mob has got to play very well. Who knows? Maybe we will see Giles in this game. He's certainly rested.

Regarding Bogs, he does need to step it up some. He's had three traveling calls in the last two games. I can't remember one traveling call on him since he's been a King. What's up with that? I just wonder if he's still adjusting to the fast paced Kings style of basketball. Missing training camp and then the beginning of the season isn't easy if you have to adapt to a breakneck pace style of ball and you're not the most athletic of players. To me he seems naturally more suited to a slower style game. He also seems to be trying a little too hard to make that perfect play with the ball in his hands, and therefore dribbling too much. Instead, he's got to start giving the ball up earlier, especially in fast break situations, or semi-fast break situations. He's got to trust his teamates a little more. In particular, when Bagley gets back, Bogs needs to start giving the ball to him. I've noticed Bogs disregarding Bagley to keep the ball in his own hands and dish it to others.

More Buddy/Bogdan starting, playing major minutes, being staggered out so the bench isn’t without one mainly, and hopefully it’s a trend that works and doesn’t stop

Nice win against the Mavs. That was a game that I thought would be on the upper end of the "could win" projection. With this crazy B2B, road game, long distance travel, possible KAT revenge game, I place this game on the lower end of the "could win" and I won't sweat a loss. This is almost the dreaded "scheduled loss". They are not going to win all their remaining games, anyway. Last night was a good win, starters played a lot of minutes, did what they had to and got the win. I just want to see them come out of tonight's game unscathed and no further injuries. Short rest can lead to injuries, Kings cannot afford anymore injuries, they just don't have the depth.

If the Kings can beat the Wolves I think defense will have a lot to do with it.
Willie are you listening? Do what you did last time. Then we have a chance. Put the Fox on Wiggins in the second half.

Nice win against the Mavs. That was a game that I thought would be on the upper end of the "could win" projection. With this crazy B2B, road game, long distance travel, possible KAT revenge game, I place this game on the lower end of the "could win" and I won't sweat a loss. This is almost the dreaded "scheduled loss". They are not going to win all their remaining games, anyway. Last night was a good win, starters played a lot of minutes, did what they had to and got the win. I just want to see them come out of tonight's game unscathed and no further injuries. Short rest can lead to injuries, Kings cannot afford anymore injuries, they just don't have the depth.
My expectation has now swung to believe we should win every game. Don't care if it's back to back or against the Warriors. There is a chance every time the Kings step on the court.

That WCS mailman dunk could really come back to haunt us tonight, we are going to need good games from Yogi/Jackson/Williams to have any shot with it being a back to back.

- back to back our Achilles heal this season, lets see if we can fight through it and show even further growth.

- given how tight the West is it would be good if we can start clinching these tiebreakers

- Bjelica still lighting it up after 29 games shooting team's best 54.3% from the field and 48.5% from three. can he have another revenge game and help us get this b2b?