[Game] Kings @ Thunder - Saturday, Feb. 23 - 5PT/8ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Kings may catch a break with this game as the Thunder had a double OT game against the Jazz on Friday night. Of course, they'll still have to deal with Paul George, who is definitely on a mission to prove his name is worthy of consideration for MVP. That's no small feat for someone who plays on the same team as Russell Westbrook.

Kings need to come out sharp and focused. They need to THINK and make the most of every opportunity for the simple reason the Thunder won't make a lot of mistakes. The Kings need to pass the ball and make each possession count. Pretty basic but sometimes they seem to forget the basics. Pace is gonna be important once again if the Kings hope to minimize Steven Adams' impact on the game. Get him winded, force him to make mistakes, put him on the bench.

I don't believe in MUST WIN games for the Kings this year, since I look at this season as already exceeding expectations. Having said that, the Kings would do very well to find a way to beat the Thunder if they're seriously trying to play past mid-April. I don't see it as impossible, but they're gonna have to play near-perfect ball. Our shooters have to sink their shots all night, not just at the end of the game.

It's a great time to be a Kings fan, but it's definitely not for people who cannot stand close games. Edge-of-your-seat, biting-your-nails-to-the-quick basketball is what it's all about. It's scary and heart-pounding but it's the best game around.

The Kings may catch a break with this game as the Thunder had a double OT game against the Jazz on Friday night. Of course, they'll still have to deal with Paul George, who is definitely on a mission to prove his name is worthy of consideration for MVP. That's no small feat for someone who plays on the same team as Russell Westbrook.

Kings need to come out sharp and focused. They need to THINK and make the most of every opportunity for the simple reason the Thunder won't make a lot of mistakes. The Kings need to pass the ball and make each possession count. Pretty basic but sometimes they seem to forget the basics. Pace is gonna be important once again if the Kings hope to minimize Steven Adams' impact on the game. Get him winded, force him to make mistakes, put him on the bench.

I don't believe in MUST WIN games for the Kings this year, since I look at this season as already exceeding expectations. Having said that, the Kings would do very well to find a way to beat the Thunder if they're seriously trying to play past mid-April. I don't see it as impossible, but they're gonna have to play near-perfect ball. Our shooters have to sink their shots all night, not just at the end of the game.

It's a great time to be a Kings fan, but it's definitely not for people who cannot stand close games. Edge-of-your-seat, biting-your-nails-to-the-quick basketball is what it's all about. It's scary and heart-pounding but it's the best game around.

It’s not a must win to have a good year but it is pretty much a must win to get to 45 wins which many think is the number to make the playoffs. When you are handed this kind of opportunity you have to take it.

Both Westbrook and PG looked incredible last night. And Steven Adams is pretty much just as unstoppable in the post as ever.

I'm hoping with their double OT game last night they'll be running with tired legs.

Even so, this is going to be really tough.

Side note: I know it was Markieff Morris' first game with OKC, but he looked awful. Slow to rotate on D, slow to contest shots, didn't score a bucket and overall looked lackadaisical on the court.

Can our bigs keep Adams off the boards? Stop those second chance points?

Win or lose right there most likely.
I haven't really seen any team keep Adams at bay, and with our rebounding issues I'm just not sure how that's gonna change. We're going to see a ton of Bagley tonight to try and help that I suppose. Willie needs to come tonight ready to rock. He's been pretty solid lately.

Counting on the other team to be tired is a bad strategy. We just need to play our game and reduce our mistakes. If we do, we’ll wear them down and do the cardiac kings thing at the end.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I thought the Kings played very good defense against the Warriors. Despite that, it was another, "Oh, the pain!" experience. The Kings just need to play with the same kind of D against the Thunder so they can get out and run. Enough with the pain. I don't know about you guys and gals, but I'm ready for some joy!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Counting on the other team to be tired is a bad strategy. We just need to play our game and reduce our mistakes. If we do, we’ll wear them down and do the cardiac kings thing at the end.
It is a bad strategy if that's all you're banking on, but it's definitely something to keep in mind and take every advantage of. The Kings are well aware of how much a hard-fought battle on the first night of a back-to-back can impact the second game.

Line is Kings +5.5 n the over is 239.

I’ll take the over. Think this game is going to be a boat race.

Last edited:
Gonna be tough a one but I think we can pull it out. I feel that might have their number but we both are 2 different teams from the first 2 games we played.

Basketball gods favored us in putting the Thunder in 2ot last night so hopefully we take advantage and the run them out the gym

Honeymoon over for Barnes/Burks though. I expect Brewer to just supplant Burks minutes so not so much him, but Barnes has to start playing the basketball he was brought here to play 15 pts+ on some type of efficiency

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Still hate Bogi starting...

We got a guy who can better match up with all the Durant’s and George’s of the world! Let’s move him to PF and have Bogi “guard” those guys instead. I don’t get it.